LG – Win Lg Oled Tvs for You and Two Mates (prize valued at $19,197)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
UPGRADE TO OLED TV – GAME OF SKILL
1. Information on “How to Enter” and Prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry
(“Conditions”). Submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of these Conditions. Entries not
completed in accordance with these Conditions will be ineligible.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents currently residing in Australia who are aged 18 years or
over, who is a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account holder. Entrants must submit an entry in
accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
3. This Competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with
Facebook, Inc, Twitter or Instagram. By participating in this promotion, the entrant agrees to release
Facebook, Inc. from any and all claims or liability that the entrant may have arising out of this
4. Employees, directors and/or officers (and their immediate family members and members of their
households) of the Promoter or of its subsidiaries or related companies or agencies associated with
the Competition, are ineligible to participate. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse,
ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-
parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother,
step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the following definitions apply:
a) Prize Pool means x3 LG C9 OLED 65in 4K TV’s (RRP $6,399 AUD each). The value of the
Prize Pool at the time of printing is RRP AUD $19,197. Maximum total prize pool is valued at
AUD $19,197 The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize
Pool from that stated in these Conditions.
b) Prize and Prizes means the items that comprise the Prize Pool.
c) Competition means the UPGRADE TO OLED TV Competition being run during the
d) Competition Period means the period commencing at 12:01am (Sydney time) on 6 June 2019
and ending at 11.59pm (Sydney time) on 30 June 2019.
Entry and Verification
6. During the Competition Period, the Promoter will post competition posts on the LG Australia Social
Media Pages including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To enter, entrants must Tag two friends,
use the hashtag #LGOLEDTV and answer the question: “Tell us why you want to Upgrade to
7. Three entries per person are permitted. One on each social platform. Entries can take the form of
video, imagery, or written text, providing all entry conditions are met.
8. Entries will not be valid if the judging panel deems their content to be inappropriate, disrespectful
Judging & Prize
9. The winner(s) will be the best valid entry submitted during the Competition Period as judged by the
judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality. Judging will take place at LG
Electronics Australia, 2 Wonderland Drive, Eastern Creek by 7th
July 2019. Winners will be notified
via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and be asked to provide contact details. The judge’s decision
will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner(s) will be announced on LG
Australia’s Facebook page by 12 July 2019.
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. All valid entries will be
individually judged according to their skill, originality and creative merit and the entry judged to be
the best will win the Prize. All entrants must submit only their own original answers and answers
cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide.
11. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter. The Promoter is not
responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by an entrant or
occurring during transmission. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical
malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or
internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination
thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s handset or computer
related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any
materials in this Competition.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
13. There will be 3 winner(s). The best eligible entry and their two tagged friends will each receive a
Prize from the Prize Pool. The Promoter may select additional reserve entries and record them in
the case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant being drawn.
14. The delivery method for the Prize will be discussed with the winner(s) upon notification of win.
Promoter’s Rights and Liabilities
15. The Promoter is not responsible for the safety of the individual as result of redeeming the Prize.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrants age and
residence), at any time during or after the Competition, and reserves the right to disqualify any
entrant (and entries submitted by that entrant) for tampering with the entry process, including but
not limited to submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions or if the entrant
is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper
conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation
from such an offender are reserved. The Promoter also reserves the right to verify the age and
identity of an entrant. The Prize will only be awarded to the winner or their parent/guardian following
any validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
17. Failure of the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those
18. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the Prize, that winner will forfeit
the Prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to next best valid entry selected. The Promoter will
not be liable for a winner that cannot be contacted and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows
an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted from
that source and by those entrants invalid.
20. Costs of accessing the Internet is the entrant’s responsibility and may be dependent on the internet
service provider used.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incomplete, damaged or incomprehensible entries.
All such inaccurate entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or
misdirected entries. Any entry that does not comply with these Conditions will be invalid.
22. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
23. In the event that the Prize/s are/is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to
procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of equal recommended
24. All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any
entrant. As a condition of entering into this Competition, each entrant agrees to assign all of their
rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter. Each entrant
warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original artistic work of the entrant that
does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against
all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any
use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968
25. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the content of the entry they submit (Content). The
Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. Entrants
warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that
the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights,
defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive,
harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender or otherwise
unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly
created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (c) their Content shall not
contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (d) they will comply with all
applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content,
defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Promoter and the Promoter
reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to reject entries for any breach of the above terms.
26. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers,
employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any
loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained in
connection with this Competition or taking or utilizing any goods/services offer as a prize, including
but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any theft, unauthorised access or third party
interference; (b) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after
receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (c) any
variation in the offer value to that stated in these Conditions; (d) use of the prize; (e) any equipment
malfunction or programming malfunction, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that
may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone,
mobile or satellite network failure, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or website,
software failure (f) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or
resulting from participating in or downloading any materials in the Competition.
27. Certain legislation implies guarantees or conditions or imposes obligations upon the Promoter
which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or cannot be excluded, restricted or modified
except to a limited extend. These Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit the application of
any statutory provision where to do so would contravene that statute or a cause any part of these
Conditions to be void.
28. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to
cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to any written directions from a
relevant Regulatory Authority.
29. The Promoter collects personal information about entrants to include entrants in the promotion, and
for direct marketing and publicity purposes. If the personal information requested is not provided,
the entrant may not be eligible to participate in the promotion or LG may not be able to award the
Prize. By participating in the promotion, the entrant consents to the use of their personal information
for the purposes disclosed above, which will involve storage of their personal information on the
Promoter’s database and expressly consents to the Promoter using the information for future
promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including contacting entrant in the future with
information on special offers or provide entrant with marketing materials via any medium including
mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS
(Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic,
emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future.
Entrants will have the right to opt out of receiving any receiving direct marketing material.
30. The Promoter may share information with its related companies, with third parties for the purpose
of fulfilling the terms of the promotion, and promotional partners who may contact entrants with
special offers in this way, both within Australia and overseas. The Promoter may also share the
personal information collected with its related companies overseas and the entrant consents to the
use and disclosure of their personal information to any such overseas entities. Entrants can also
gain access to, update, correct or destroy any personal information, make a complaint about a
breach of privacy, or opt out of receiving any communications by contacting the Promoter at the
may be obtained at http://www.lg.com/au/privacy or by contacting the Promoter.
32. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to the Promoter using their entry, name or image
for printing, broadcast, publicity, commercial and promotional purposes without compensation and
agrees to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use any such material in
all media worldwide (including but not limited to TV, web, radio, catalogue, press, and point of sale)
and agrees not to object to any such use on the basis of any moral right.
33. If an entrant does not provide the Promoter with all the information requested on the entry form, the
entry form will be invalid.
34. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection
by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention,
fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or
affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Competition, the Promoter reserves
the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory
Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. The Promoter may in its sole
discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
35. The Promoter is LG Electronics Australia Pty Ltd A.B.N. 98 064 531 264 of 2 Wonderland Drive,
Eastern Creek, NSW, 2766.
36. FACEBOOK is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All other trademarks including Twitter and
Instagram are the property of their respective owners.