Kawana Shopping World – Win a $1000 Gift Card and a One-On-One Styling Session
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this AW Fashion Competition (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these
Terms and Conditions. All times and dates throughout these Terms and Conditions will be
based on NSW local time. The “Participating Centre” is Kawana Shoppingworld.
2. Subject to condition 3, this Promotion is only open to Australian residents aged 13 years
or over. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and
further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to all terms and
conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further
agreement as evidence of consent to this Promotion.
3. The following are ineligible: (i) employees of the Promoter, the Mirvac Group or any of
the tenants or retailers in the Participating Centre or any of the Promoter’s agencies that
are associated with the Promotion; (ii) the spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling
(whether by birth or adoption) of an excluded employee; and (iii) any person who the
Promoter has previously notified is not permitted to enter the Promoter’s promotions.
4. This Promotion commences at EST 9am on Tuesday 11 June and ends at 4pm 30 June
2019 (“Promotion Period”). The prize draw will be held at EST 10am on 13 June 2019. The
draw will take place at Kawana Shoppingworld, 119 Pt Cartwright Drive, Buddina, 4575, QLD
in the Centre Management Office.
5. To enter this Promotion, eligible individuals must, during the Promotion Period, simply
spend $40* or more in any participating store and complete an entry form at the time
6. Limit of one (1) entry permitted per eligible person per $40 spent.
7. Each individual prize is 1 x $1000 Kawana Shoppingworld gift card and a one-on-one
styling session valued at $1200. In total there is 1 prize to win with a total prize pool value of
8. The winners will be notified via EMAIL/PHONE/FACEBOOK/WEBSITE by Tuesday 9 July
2019. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All unclaimed prizes will be drawn in a second chance draw, to be held on 30 September
2019 at Kawana Shoppingworld, 119 Pt Cartwright Drive, Buddina, 4575, QLD in the Centre
10. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in
its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service
providers. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at
the time stipulated, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and will not
be redeemable for cash.
13. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of the
Promoter, the Promoter in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or
that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
14. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and
cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified. Prizes must be collected from Kawana
Shoppingworld, 119 Pt Cartwright Drive, Buddina, 4575, QLD
15. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice
in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in
any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this
Promotion (including any outcome).
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries (including
contacting Participating Retailers) and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and
place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in
accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure
by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
17. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a)
to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as
18. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s
responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any
automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an
entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted
by that entrant invalid.
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition
and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar
consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable
Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-
Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and the Mirvac Group of companies (including their
respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any
personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct,
indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter and the Mirvac Group of companies (including their respective
officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including
negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical
difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any
theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or correspondence that
is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether received by the Promoter or not) due
to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the prize
value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an
entrant or winner; or (f) use of the prize.
22. It is a condition of taking the prize, that the winner sign a deed of release and indemnity
in the form required by the Promoter or any prize supplier.
23. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the
promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The
Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law.
The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason
whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter
may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights,
defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive,
harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not
suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that
appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is the original [artistic/literary] work of the entrant that does not infringe
the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content
creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that
they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation,
those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of
others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for
any breach of the above terms.
24. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all of their
rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry (which shall include
Content) to the Promoter, and to execute any documents to confirm such assignment.
Entries will not be returned to any entrant.
25. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following
and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which
can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php. This promotion is in no way sponsored,
endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they
are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an
entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the
Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or
personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in
the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be
excluded by law
26. The Promoter needs to collect personal information about each entrant and may for this
purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents,
contractors, service providers, gift suppliers and regulatory authorities. Participation in the
Promotion is conditional on providing this information. If the entrant opts in at time of
entry, the Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the
information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including
sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant and for such other purposes as set
information to the Promoter. All personal details of entrants will be stored in accordance
from the Promoter’s active marketing database. To request details to be removed, please
email RetailNationalMarketing@mirvac.com or write to the Marketing Manager, Kawana
Shoppingworld, 119 Pt Cartwright Drive, Buddina, 4575, QLD.
Information will be removed as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with
http://www.mirvac.com/privacy-policy. All entries remain the property of the Promoter.
27. The “Promoter” is Mirvac Real Estate Pty Ltd (ABN 65 003 342 452) of Level 26, 60
Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000 trading as Kawana Shoppingworld, 119 Pt Cartwright
Drive, Buddina, 4575, QLD.
28. “Mirvac Group” means the Promoter, each of the Promoter’s related bodies corporate,
each person with whom the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate is in joint
venture or partnership, and each entity, trust, partnership or fiduciary arrangement
(including each managed investment scheme) of any nature of which the Promoter or any of
its related bodies corporate has been, is or becomes the trustee, manager or responsible
29. Authorised under permit number: xxxxxxx Annual promotional period commences 15
January 2019 and closes 31 December 2019 with a potential first draw date of 30 January
2019. Total annual prize pool will not exceed $100,000.00 with no individual prize over