JB HiFi – Win an Epiphone Les Paul Special Ii Electric Guitar (prize valued at $449)
Competition Terms and Conditions – George Ezra – JB Hi Fi Competition
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these terms and
conditions. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement
between each entrant and Promoter. Entry into the competition
(Competition) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Sony Music Entertainment Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 95
107 133 184) of 11-19 Hargrave Street, East Sydney, NSW, 2010
3. The Competition commences at 6.00pm AEDT on Friday, 2 February
2018 and concludes at 11.59pm AEDT on Thursday, 22 March 2018
(Competition Period). Promoter may extend the closing date in its sole
discretion. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt
NOT at the time of sending by entrants. Late entries will not be eligible.
4. Entry is open to Australian residents over 13 years of age who are
residents of Australia other than as set out in Clause 5. Entrants under
the age of 18 require the consent of their parent or legal guardian to
enter the Competition and further, the parent or legal guardian must read
and consent to these terms and conditions. By entering this Competition,
the parent or legal guardian of any entrant under the age of 18 will be
deemed to have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
5. Employees and agents of Promoter and their immediate families are not
eligible to enter the Competition.
How to enter
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must:
(i) Order a copy of the ‘Staying at Tamara’s’ album by George Ezra
(the Album) from the JB Hi Fi online store at www.jbhifi.com.au
during the Competition Period;
(ii) Fill in your name, email address and the receipt number of your
pre-order purchase of the Album, and an answer in 25 words or
less to the following question: ‘What is your favourite song by
George Ezra and why?” on the entry form located in the ‘Special
Offer’ tab on the pre-order page.
All entrants must retain their receipt as proof of purchase.
7. Entry is limited to one Entry per Album pre-order or purchase (as
Prizes and Judging
8. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winners.
9. The one (1) most creative and entertaining entry as judged by Promoter
in its sole discretion will be deemed the winner (the Winner). The Winner
will receive one (1) Epiphone Les Paul Special II Electric Guitar (Vintage
Sunburst) signed by George Ezra (the Prize).
10. The Prize is valued at approximately RRP AU$449. The Winner is only
entitled to the Prize as outlined above and is not entitled to any additional
prizing or cash reimbursement to compensate for any difference in actual
Prize redemption cost and maximum value. No Prize is transferable nor
can any Prize be taken as cash other than as specifically set out in these
terms and conditions. No compensation is payable if the Winner cannot
receive any aspect of a Prize for any reason.
11. Promoter will not be responsible for any costs associated with winning
the Prize or the Prize itself (including but not limited to speakers or
equipment to connect the Prize to speakers) unless specifically stated in
these terms and conditions.
12. The entries will be judged and announced by no later than 6.00pm AEDT
on Friday, 23 March 2018. The Winner will be notified via email
according to the email address provided with their winning entry. Further
details relating to Prize redemption will be provided at this time.
13. Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final
and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be
14. If the Winner cannot be contacted within two (2) calendar days of first
notification attempt, if the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable,
if the Winner rejects the Prize, or in the event of noncompliance with
these Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be
selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no
compensation will be given.
15. If for some reason beyond Promoter’s control, it is not possible to supply
a Prize as advertised, Promoter will be entitled to supply a substitute
prize in Promoter’s discretion. If the Competition is not capable of
running as planned due to any reason (including, but not limited to fraud,
a state of emergency, natural disaster, war, technical failures or any
other causes) Promoter reserves the right without liability to the entrants
to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Competition.
16. Entries must not contain references which are obscene, crude or vulgar,
and/or which contain phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or
email), Web site URLs, derogatory characterisations of any ethnic,
racial, sexual or religious groups, references to illegal or inappropriate
activity, behaviour or conduct, or any other references that could be
considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by
Promoter, in its sole discretion. Promoter may delete any entries it
deems offensive or inappropriate in its discretion and such entries will
be disqualified from the Competition.
17. By entering the Competition, unless stated otherwise by the entrant,
entrants agree that Promoter may use the entrant’s contact details in any
media for future competition, marketing or publicity purposes without
further reference or consent. Promoter will collect personal information
about entrants for the purposes of conducting the Competition and
awarding the prizes. In accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles
in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), entrants have a right to access most of the
information Promoter holds about them. Please refer to Promoter’s
18. All entries become the property of Promoter and each entrant
acknowledges that Promoter may use such entries and materials and
any intellectual property rights subsisting in them in any medium and in
any manner it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing,
modifying or adapting such entries.
19. Under the Australian Consumer Law (Cth) and other statutes there are
some warranties and conditions that cannot be excluded, restricted or
modified or can only be excluded, restricted or modified to a limited
extent. Promoter excludes all warranties and conditions to the extent
allowable by these laws. Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility of
any kind for any defect with the Prize nor for any loss or damage
whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or
consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained in connection with the
Competition or a Prize in any way to the fullest extent allowable by law.
20. Promoter is not responsible for any misdirected, late or
incomprehensible entries in the Competition. Promoter is not
responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone
network, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer
equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the
internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any
injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related
to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any
materials in this Competition.
21. Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications that may arise from
winning a Prize. Entrants should seek independent financial advice
about such matters.
22. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a
dispute, Prizes will be awarded to the account holder of the entry
mechanism used to submit their Entry.
23. Promoter in its absolute discretion reserves the right to verify the validity
of all entries and to disqualify entrants if they tamper with the entry
process including but not limited to submission of an entry not in
accordance with these terms and conditions or where Promoter
reasonably believes that an entrant has acted in bad faith in respect of
24. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by
the manufacturer of the Prize.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of New South