JB HiFi Purchase The Chats new album High Risk Behaviour to – Win a Signed Handwritten Lyric Book From The Band
Competition Terms and Conditions – The Chats – JB Hi-Fi Competition
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these terms and
conditions. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement
between each entrant and Promoter. Entry into the competition
(Competition) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Sony Music Entertainment Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 95
107 133 184) of 11-19 Hargrave Street, East Sydney, NSW, 2010
3. The Competition commences at 12.00pm AEDT on Friday, 21 February
2020 and concludes at 11.59pm AEDT on Thursday, 2 April 2020
(Competition Period). Promoter may extend the closing date in its sole
discretion. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt
NOT at the time of sending by entrants. Late entries will not be eligible.
4. Entry is open to Australian residents 13 years of age and older, other
than as set out in clause 5. Entrants under the age of 18 require the
consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition and
further, the parent or legal guardian must read and consent to these
terms and conditions. By entering this Competition, the parent or legal
guardian of any entrant under the age of 18 will be deemed to have read
and agreed to these terms and conditions.
5. Employees and agents of Promoter and their immediate families are not
eligible to enter the Competition.
How to enter
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must:
(i) Pre-order or purchase a copy of the ‘High Risk Behaviour’ album
by The Chats (the Album) from the JB Hi-Fi online store at
www.jbhifi.com.au during the Competition Period;
(ii) Fill in your name, email address and the receipt number of your
pre-order or purchase of the Album;
(iii) Answer in 25 words or less the following question: “What is your
favourite track by The Chats and why?” on the entry form located
in the ‘Special Offer’ tab on the pre-order page (the Entry); and
(iv)Read and then tick where indicated to agree to the Competition
terms and conditions; and
(v) Click ‘Submit’ to submit the Entry.
All entrants must retain their receipt as proof of purchase.
7. Entry is limited to one (1) Entry per Album pre-order or purchase (as
applicable). For the avoidance of doubt, Entrants can enter multiple
times provided that they use a unique receipt number for the Album pre-
ordered or purchased and submitted with each Entry. If multiple entries
are made using the same receipt number more than once, such entries
will be deemed void.
Prizes and Judging
8. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winner.
9. The one (1) most creative and entertaining entry as judged by Promoter
in its sole discretion will be deemed the winner (the Winner). The Winner
will receive one (1) signed handwritten lyric book from The Chats.
The Prize is valued at approximately AU$100.
10. The Winner is only entitled to the Prize as outlined above and is not
entitled to any additional prizing or cash reimbursement. No Prize is
transferable nor can the Prize be taken as cash. No compensation is
payable if the Winner cannot receive any aspect of a Prize for any
11. Promoter will not be responsible for any costs associated with winning
the Prize or the Prize itself unless specifically stated in these terms and
12. The entries will be judged and announced by no later than 6.00pm AEDT
on Friday, 3 April 2020. The Winner will be notified via email according
to the email address provided with their winning entry. Further details
relating to Prize redemption will be provided at this time.
13. Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final
and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be
14. If the Winner cannot be contacted within one (1) calendar day of first
notification attempt, if the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable,
if the Winner rejects the Prize, or in the event of noncompliance with
these Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be
selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no
compensation will be given.
15. If for some reason beyond Promoter’s control, it is not possible to supply
a Prize as advertised, Promoter will be entitled to supply a substitute
prize in Promoter’s discretion. If the Competition is not capable of
running as planned due to any reason (including, but not limited to fraud,
a state of emergency, natural disaster, war, technical failures or any
other causes) Promoter reserves the right without liability to the entrants
to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Competition.
16. Entries must not contain references which are obscene, crude or vulgar,
and/or which contain phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or
email), Web site URLs, derogatory characterisations of any ethnic,
racial, sexual or religious groups, references to illegal or inappropriate
activity, behaviour or conduct, or any other references that could be
considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by
Promoter, in its sole discretion. Promoter may delete any entries it
deems offensive or inappropriate in its discretion and such entries will
be disqualified from the Competition.
17. All information will be collected in accordance with JB Hi Fi’s privacy
policy located https://www.jbhifi.com.au/pages/privacy-policy.
18. The Entry will become the property of Promoter and each entrant hereby
assigns, including as a present assignment of future copyright, any right,
title and interest (including copyright) the entrant may have in the Entry
to Promoter worldwide and in perpetuity. Each entrant acknowledges
that Promoter may use the Entry and materials and any intellectual
property rights subsisting in the Entry in any medium and in any manner
it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or
adapting such entries, free from any claim whatsoever in any country or
place in the world. Each entrant further consents to any and all acts or
omissions of Promoter which would, but for this consent, infringe any of
the entrant’s moral rights or similar rights in the Entry.
19. Under the Australian Consumer Law (Cth) and other statutes there are
some warranties and conditions that cannot be excluded, restricted or
modified or can only be excluded, restricted or modified to a limited
extent. Promoter excludes all warranties and conditions to the extent
allowable by these laws. Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility of
any kind for any defect with the Prize nor for any loss or damage
whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or
consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained in connection with the
Competition or a Prize in any way to the fullest extent allowable by law.
20. Promoter is not responsible for any misdirected, late or
incomprehensible entries in the Competition. Promoter is not
responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone
network, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer
equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the
internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any
injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related
to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any
materials in this Competition.
21. Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications that may arise from
winning a Prize. Entrants should seek independent financial advice
about such matters.
22. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a
dispute, Prizes will be awarded to the account holder of the entry
mechanism used to submit their Entry.
23. Promoter in its absolute discretion reserves the right to verify the validity
of all entries and to disqualify entrants if they tamper with the entry
process including but not limited to submission of an entry not in
accordance with these terms and conditions or where Promoter
reasonably believes that an entrant has acted in bad faith in respect of
24. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of New South