JB HiFi Pre-order U2’s Songs of Experience & – Win 2 Tickets to See U2 In Concert at The Forum In La In 2018
GAME OF SKILL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SCHEDULE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Name of Competition “Songs Of Experience” U2 Album Pre-order Competition
Promoter JB Hi-Fi Limited (ACN 093 220 136) of Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone
Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148.
Competition Period The Competition commences at 4:00am AEST/AEDT on Thursday 2nd November 2017.
Entrants must submit the completed Entry by 11:59pm AEST on Thursday 30th November
Judging Date and Time Winners will be judged on Monday 4th December 2017
Entry Restrictions Entry is open to Australian residents over 18 years of age with a valid email address.
Relevant State/s NSW, QLD, SA, WA ,VIC, ACT , TAS and NT
Entry Method To enter, during the Competition Period, entrants must;
(a) Pre-order a copy of “Songs Of Experience” (the Album) from JB Hi-Fi’s online store at
www.jbhifi.com.au or a JB Hi-Fi store between 4:00am AEST/AEDT Thursday 2nd
November 2017 and 11:59pm AEST on Thursday 30th November 2017
(b) Fill out form on the following product page https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/Whats-
Hot/u2—songs-of-experience/ with the entrant’s first and last name, email address,
receipt/online order number and an answer in 25 words or less to the following
“What is your favourite U2 song, and why?”
All entrants must retain their Order number as proof of purchase.
Judging Criteria Each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on,
among other things, creativity, originality, literary merit and suitability.
Maximum Entries Per
One entry per album purchase
The Winner will be notified by email within 2 days of being determined
Prize Details There is 1 prize which consists of:
1 x General Admission Double pass to see U2 at The Forum, Los Angeles on 15th May 2018;
2 x Return economy flights;
3 x Nights twin-share accommodation at a 3-star hotel
Total Value of the
AU$7500 (approx.) (inclusive of GST)
Prize Claim Date and
Prize must be claimed by Friday 26th of January 2018
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Dates, venues and schedules are not under the Promoter’s control and are subject to change and the Promoter
takes no responsibility for any date, venue or schedule changes. If any part of any of the events is abandoned,
called offer, varied or postponed for any reason, then at the Promoter’s discretion, the Winner (and their
nominated companion) forfeits all rights to attend the relevant event and no cash or alternative tickets will be
substituted for that element of the Prize.
2. The event takes place at the locations outlined in the Prize Details. The Winner shall be responsible for any costs
associated with accepting the Prize that are not expressly set out as the Promoter’s responsibility in these terms
and conditions, including (but not limited to) accommodation, hotel incidentals, spending money, passports,
visas, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, meals, phone calls, taxis, any additional travel expenses (other
than flights and airport transfers if specified above) and travel insurance. A credit card may be required to check
in at the hotels.
3. It is the Winner’s (and their travel companion’s) responsibility to organise transport to and from their house to
the airport in their nearest capital city. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the
responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion (eg. Visa, valid passport etc.). Prize travel is subject to
the airlines General Conditions of Carriage.
4. The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a
result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
5. If provide as part of the Prize, the accommodation is a standard room, and does not include any additional
services, refreshments, food or entertainment.
6. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety conditions or any other issues that may exist at any
venue associated with the Prize. Prize is subject to the venue’s and/or Prize Provider’s general conditions of
7. This Prize must be taken as offered, is not transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
8. Prize subject to availability.
9. These Terms and Conditions and all other information provided prior to entering the Competition, including the
Schedule and any instructions on how to enter the Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying
with these Terms and Conditions is invalid. The Schedule defines certain terminology used within these Terms
and Conditions. To the extent of inconsistency between the Schedule and these Terms and Conditions, the
10. Entry is only open to residents of Relevant States who comply with the Entry Restrictions (if any) and have a
valid email address. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and
agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following:
spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent,
grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
11. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. To enter the Competition entrants must
follow the Entry Method and comply with all other applicable requirements during the Competition Period.
Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Entrants may submit up to the
Maximum Entries Per Person. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately. Automated –
computer – generated entries will not be accepted.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s
identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in
accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will
be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does
not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
13. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not
responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by an entrant or occurring
during transmission. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any
telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic
congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to
participants or any other person’s handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or
receiving of any communication or of any materials in this Competition. The Promoter has no obligation to
acknowledge or return the entry.
14. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that the entry is not obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening,
harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal
offence, gives rise to civil liability, or violate any law.
15. The entrant confirms and warrants that they have full power and authority to enter into this agreement and
hereby indemnify the Promoter from and against any and all costs and damages incurred as a result of any
breach of the representations and warranties made by the entrant herein.
16. All entries in this Competition are the property of the entrant and each entrant, by entering this competition,
grants the Promoter an irrevocable, perpetual, sub-licensable, worldwide gratis licence to reproduce, edit,
publish, communicate and otherwise use their entry to the Competition in any manner whatsoever including,
without limitation, in further promotion of the Competition, by way of commercial purposes and may extend to
or involve use by or with one or more third parties. If requested by the Promoter, the entrant shall complete and
sign a formal licence of copyright to give effect to the foregoing.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any entry submitted to the Competition.
18. To the extent necessary, the entrant hereby waives all moral rights (as defined by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)),
including the right of attribution.
19. The entrant warrants the entry does not incorporate any other materials which are subject to third party
proprietary rights or otherwise infringe any third party’s rights. The entrant further warrants that they have the
required consents and approvals from individuals appearing in the entry.
20. At the conclusion of the Competition Period on the Judging Date and Time, the entries will be judged by
suitability qualified representatives of the Promoter based on the Judging Criteria. The Prize(s) will be awarded
to the entrant or entrants (as applicable) which best meet the Judging Criteria. Chance plays no part in
determining the outcome.
21. The Winner(s) shall be determined at Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre,
Chadstone VIC 3148 and shall be notified in accordance with the Notification of Winners section of the Schedule.
22. The judges’ decision is final and binding upon all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants
who are not winners will not receive any notification at all. The Promoter will contact the Winner(s) in
accordance with the Notification of Winners provision to arrange for delivery of the Prize.
23. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as
stated. Each prize is not transferable to another person (unless agreed to by the Promoter) or exchangeable for
other goods and services and cannot be redeemed for cash.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency and/or proof
of entry validity (for example, a phone bill or store receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize.
Proof of identity, residency and/or entry validity considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s
discretion. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole
and no substitute will be offered.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of any entrant being unable to satisfy these Terms and
Conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the Prize by the Prize Claim Date and Time. If a Prize remains unclaimed
or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct further rounds of judging, as required,
at the same time and place as the original judging on the day after the Prize Claim Date. The alternate winner
shall be notified in accordance with the Notification of Winners section of the Schedule.
26. If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize
with a gift to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
27. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal
information, to State and Territory lottery departments, the winners’ names will be published as required under
the relevant lottery legislation and the Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winner’s names and
suburb in any media, including on the Website(s).
28. If required by the Promoter, the Winner agrees to participate in any promotional activities associated with the
Prize such as public appearances, photo opportunities or media interviews as might be required by the
Promoter. The Winner agrees to the Promoter using the Winner’s likeness and image for any purpose related to
the Prize and Competition.
29. As a condition of accepting the prize, the Winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as
and in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release
and indemnity form.
30. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated
due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written
directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
31. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional websites and mobile applications is the entrant’s
responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated software or any
other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and
will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
32. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and
agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss
of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition,
including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party
interference; (c) any claim or offer that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their
receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in
gift value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a entrant; or (f) use of a
33. The Promoter and its associated agencies shall not be liable in any way if the performance of obligations
hereunder is delayed or becomes impossible by reason of any Act of God, war, fire, earthquake, strike, sickness,
accident, civil commotion or any other cause.
34. The Promoter needs to collect the personal information required to be submitted with your entry so it can enter
you in the Competition. The Promoter may use personal information about you for related purposes, including
sending you information (including electronically) about its products, events, news and further competitions.
The Promoter may disclose personal information to other organisations that assist it to promote its events and
artists. If you wish to access the personal information the Promoter holds about you or do not wish to have this
information disclosed, please contact it at Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre,
policy/ for further details.
35. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia.