JB Hi-Fi – Win Canon Dslr Camera and a Go Pro (prize valued at $3,428)
Visit https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/general/competitions/ for full terms and to enter. Open to
residents of Australia only. One entry permitted per person. Competition opens 09.30AM (AEDT) on
08/01/2018 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 04/02/2018. 1 winner picked on Level 4, Office Tower
2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148 at 11:00am on 06/02/2018
from all eligible entries received up to 11.59pm on 04/02/2018. Winner will receive 1 x GoPro Hero5
Action Camera & 1 x Canon EOS 6D II Full Frame DSLR Camera. Total prize pool of a maximum of
$3,428.00 on 05/01/2018. Winner will be contacted via email within 2 days of winner drawn.
Winners name will be published at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/competitions/ on 08/02/18 for 28
days. The Promoter is JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ACN 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone
Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148. NSW Permit No. LTPM/14/01133. ACT
Permit No. TP 14/03687
JB Hi-Fi The Foreigner Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Headings in these
Terms and Conditions are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any
2. The promoter is JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ACN 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone
Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148 (Promoter).
3. Entries for the promotion may be submitted from 9:30am (AEST) on 08/01/2018 until 11.59pm
(AEST) on 04/02/2018. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents who are not directors or employees of the Promoter and
its related bodies corporate (or immediate family members of those directors and employees)
5. Any entrant under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parent or legal guardian
before entering the Promotion.
Entry into the promotion
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must pre-order or purchase a copy of The Foreigner on any format (DVD
or Blu-Ray) from JB Hi-Fi, complete and submit the online entry form available via the JB Hi-Fi
website (https://www.jbhifi.com.au/foreigner/). Entrants must provide all requested contact details
including First Name, Last Name and Email address and pre-order or receipt number from their
purchase of The Foreigner on any format from JB Hi-Fi and consent to joining the JB Hi-Fi mailing list.
7. Entrants may only enter this competition once and must enter in their own name. The Promoter is
not responsible for (and is under no obligation to accept) any lost, late, incomplete or misdirected
8. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries (including an
entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who is not an Eligible
Entrant, has not complied with these Terms and Conditions or tampers with the entry process.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
Determination of winners
10. This promotion is a game of skill and winners will be selected based on the creativity of their
answer, in accordance with clauses 11 and clause 22 (if applicable).
11. All valid entries received between 9.30am on 08/01/2018 and 04/02/2018 at 11:59pm (AEST) will
be judged. Total prize pool maximum value of $3,428 on 05/01/2018.
12. There will be a total of 1 winner.
13. The result of the selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Winner will receive 1 x GoPro Hero5 Action Camera & 1 x Canon EOS 6D II Full Frame DSLR
Camera*. (If either model unavailable at time of the promotion ending a suitable replacement will be offered).
15. Under the Australian Consumer Law, there are some warranties and guarantees that cannot be
excluded, restricted or modified or can only be excluded, restricted or modified to a limited extent.
The Promoter excludes all warranties and guarantees in relation to the prizes, to the extent
allowable under the Australian Consumer Law. Except as otherwise required under the Australian
Consumer Law, the Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility for any defect with the prizes.
16. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Entrants acknowledge that the Prize may be
subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties, such as the prize suppliers. The
Winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the
Prize. Winner will be contacted by the relevant prize suppliers for the purposes of facilitating the
prize, including to arrange the location date and time of the party element of the Prize. Third Party
Terms and Conditions Include:
17. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves
the right to select an alternative prize of similar value which will be awarded to the relevant winner,
subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the
promotion or the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Notification of the winner
19. The Promoter will attempt to notify the winner after being selected referred to in clause 11
within three business days of the draw. Contact will be made via email.
20. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner after having made reasonable efforts to do so using
the information provided on the winner’s online entry form, the Promoter reserves the right to
disqualify the entry, in which case clause 22 will apply.
21. The names of winner will be published at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/competitions/ from
08/02/2018 for 28 days.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
22. The Promoter reserves the right to re-select a winner in the event of a winner not being an
Eligible Entrant, not having complied with these Terms and Conditions or not being able to be
contacted by the Promoter after the Promoter having made reasonable efforts to do so. If a redraw
is necessary, it will be conducted by JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ACN 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office
Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148 on 07/05/2018 at
11:00am (AEDT), subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined
in accordance with this clause 22 will be notified by email within two business days of the draw and
their names will be published online at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/general/competitions/
from 09/05/2018 for 28 days.
Limitation of liability and variation of promotion
23. Except as otherwise required by law, if any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is
beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying
with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay
in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to
cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion and these Terms and Conditions.
24. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, its related bodies
corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents will not be liable for any
losses (including loss of opportunity), damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of or
in connection with this promotion, or the use of any prize.
Entry details and privacy
25. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of winners may be used for
promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time
of accepting their prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information provided
in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and
awarding any prizes (including by disclosing their personal information to JB Hi-Fi Pty Ltd who will
hold and use such informational only for the purposes of conducting the draws anticipated in 11
and/or 22. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection
with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of
which is available at http://www.jbhifi.com.au/popups/privacystatement.html
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with,
Facebook. Facebook membership and the use of Facebook generally are subject to the Facebook
prevailing terms and conditions of use available at www.facebook.com. Entrants understand that
they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants are solely
responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to
other internet users via Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify,
defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and its associated agencies and companies, against any
and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred
by an entrant in respect of the entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or
complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
27. Lottery permit numbers: NSW Permit No. LTPM/14/01133. ACT Permit No. TP 14/03687