Japan National Tourism Organization – The Master’s Apprentice – Win a major prize of a trip to Japan OR 1 of 10 runners-up prizes
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) The Master’s Apprentice Promotion 2018
TERMS & CONDITIONS General terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. By submitting an entry, all entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. The “Promoter” is Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO), Suite 1, Level 4, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000, ABN 74 739 122 404
3. The promotion commences at 11:00am AEST 24th of July 2018 and concludes at 11:59pm AEST 2nd of September 2018. Entering the promotion constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
4. The promotion is only open to Eligible Entrants.
5. An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual who is:
a. Not an employee, officer, servant or contractor of the Promoter or any
organisation associated with the promotion of the Gift/Prize, or their related corporate bodies or associates or any of their agencies involved with the promotion;
b. Not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee or other person as described in clause 5(a) above;
c. A permanent resident of Australia and
d. Aged 18 years or over.
6. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these conditions.
7. To enter the promotion, participants must complete the following “Entry Requirements”
a. Visit www.jnto.org.au/masters-apprentice
b. The user will be required to enter a form with their first name, last name, email
address, phone number, postcode and Instagram handle.
c. Tick the terms and conditions box
d. Optional: Tick the subscribe to Prize partners e-newsletter checkbox
e. Users must also be following @VisitJapanAU on Instagram to be eligible to win
f. Instagram accounts must be set to ‘public’
8. Maximum of 1 x entry per person
9. All Eligible Entrants must check the Terms & Conditions checkbox acknowledging that
they have read and agree to the Promotion Terms.
11. By entering the promotion participants consent to the Promoter using entrant’s name and
contact details to contact them if they are the winner.
12. By entering the promotion and claiming the Prize, the Winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name for publicity and promotional purposes without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright.
13. There will only be one (1) x Major Prize winner and ten (10) x runners up.
14. The Major Prize winner will be announced on the 25th September 2018.
15. The runners up will be announced the 10th October 2018.
16. This is a game of skill.
17. The winner will be selected at 12:00PM AEST between 3rd September 2018 to 24th September, as stated under the ‘Participation’ clause 31-36 below. Eligible Entrants that have completed the Entry Requirements are eligible to win. The selection will take place at Circul8 Communicate premises at; The Trophy Room, 545 South Dowling St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
18. The interview will be a phone or video call conducted by a JNTO representative and Richard I’Anson.
19. The winner will be notified via email on 24th September between 3:00PM – 6:00PM AEST or before this date if the juror has finalised his verdict.
20. Photo identification and evidence of residential address and identity (e.g. a driving licence) will be required to verify the winner is an Eligible Entrant.
21. If the winner cannot be contacted within 2 days, a new winner will be contacted by 27th September 2018 12:00PM AEST. Dates subject to change based on the winner chosen and their availability at Circul8 Communicate premises; The Trophy Room, 545 South Dowling St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. The new winner will be notified via email and phone.
22. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. It is non-refundable
and cannot be altered in any way and cannot be taken in parts.
23. The Promoter expressly disclaims any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the promotion entities from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this promotion (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the Prizes awarded.
24. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
25. The Promoter decision concerning any aspect of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promoter and its related bodies may use entrant’s email addresses for future promotional and marketing purposes. Entrants may unsubscribe at any time.
27. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees in addition to the above uses, that the Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information, the winners’ names will be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation and the Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winner’s names and suburb in any media.
28. The winner will be asked to supply 5 images as Hi-res versions to JNTO, Japan Airlines & Canon taken on the trip. JNTO, Japan Airlines & Canon may use these pictures in their advertising, website and other marketing collateral. However Japan National Tourism Organization, Japan Airlines or Canon have no obligation to use such photos.
30. Any cost associated with accessing the promotion website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions listed at any time without prior notice.
32. The promotion is a game of skill and will use the following process to select the winner:
33. The Major Prize winners will be shortlisted based on the images on their Instagram feed, under the following criteria:
c. Potential (to blossom under the guidance of a master)
34. Shortlisted entrants will have a telephone interview with Richard & JNTO representative to assess their suitability to be The Master’s Apprentice. The final decision will be based on Richard’s assessment of their:
35. The ten (10) Runner Up Prize winners will be picked based on the images on their Instagram feed, based on their Creativity & Originality.
36. The Phone interview will be conducted by Richard I’Anson and a JNTO representative to assess if the candidate will be suitable for the trip.
Prizes inclusions – Major Prize Winner Inclusions
37. Eligible Entrants who satisfy the Entry Requirements will be eligible to win the “Prize” including:
a. (1) Expand my world Travel photography with Richard I’Anson online course
b. (1) Canon – a 6D Mark II Advanced kit (EOS 6D Mark II Body, EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Lens, Battery Pack, Battery Charger, EOS 6D Mark II Strap
c. (1) Return premium economy ticket from Sydney or Melbourne. (Sydney or Melbourne to
Tokyo flying Japan Airlines).
d. An all-expenses paid week long trip to Japan (including food, accommodation and transport
38. Total Major Prize Value is $11,533
a. Expand my world Travel photography with Richard I’Anson online course = $259 AUD
b. Canon 6D Mark II Advanced kit = $3,500 AUD
c. Return premium economy ticket from Sydney or Melbourne (Sydney or Melbourne to Tokyo
flying Japan Airlines = AUD $2,774 as at Tuesday 17th July 2018 (including taxes). d. An all-expenses paid week long (7 days) trip to Japan (including airfares, food and
beverage – non alcoholic, accommodation and transport and other travel transfer expenses). = $5,000
39. Meals or drinks and transfer fees (other than those specified above), tips, domestic travel to and from departure point, and other personal or additional expenses and travel insurance must be paid for by the winner.
Prize terms and conditions
40. Japan National Tourism Organization and Japan Airlines reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a Prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at their sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” without warranty nor guarantee, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
41. The winner is entitled to one (1) return premium economy ticket from Sydney or Melbourne to Tokyo Narita flying Japan Airlines (The “Prize”): the total Prize value AUD $2,774 as at Thursday 12th July 2018 (including taxes).
42. Flights valid for Japan Airlines operated flights only in premium economy class return and does not include : frequent flyer point accrual, upgrades, travel insurance, any additional meals, any incidental room charges, personal spending money, passports, travel visas required, any other transport as required to and from departure point, and all other ancillary costs.
43. The flight is supplied by Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. (ABN 99 000 564 358), Supplier
44. Flight is valid for permanent residents of Australia only.
45. The Supplier reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative Prize of equal value if circumstances beyond the Supplier’s control make it necessary to do so. The Promoter will not be responsible for any changes to the Prize that are made by the Supplier.
46. Winner must be available to travel on 15th October 2018 to 22nd October 2018, the winner can decide to extend the trip at their own expense, flights, in case of extension are subject to availability.
47. The winner’s must confirm their availability to the designated Japan National Tourism Representative within 5 days of claiming the Prize.
48. Winner must depart from Sydney or Melbourne and return to Sydney or Melbourne.
49. Adequate and valid travel insurance and visas, is the responsibility of the winner, and is compulsory.
50. a. It is the winner’s responsibility to carry a valid passport and appropriate visas required. b. Australian passport holders do not require a visa to travel to Japan.
51. Japan Airline flights are subject to availability and confirmation by Japan Airlines. Itineraries and inclusions are subject to change without notice. There may be times where flights are available to commercial customers but which cannot be booked for Prize flights.
52. If the winner wishes to extend their trip they can do so provided they cover their own costs for any additional days booked.
53. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
54. There is no cash alternative for the Prize. The Prize is not redeemable, transferable or exchangeable for cash.
55. A JNTO representative will make the bookings for the all-expense paid trip including flights and hotels.
56. Prize and all elements are subject to availability, and once booked cannot be amended.
57. Prize cannot be taken over any public holiday periods. Other blackout periods may apply.
58. A credit card imprint maybe required at the hotel at the time of check in.
59. The total Prize cannot be redeemed for cash or similar monetary instruments.
https://www.jnto.org.au/privacy-policy/ http://www.expandmy.world/pages/privacy https://www.canon.com.au/privacy-policy https://www.jal.co.jp/en/footer/security.html
Runner Up Prizes terms and conditions – Inclusions
61. Runner Prize winner will be awarded the following;
a. Ten (10) Runner up winners will each receive one (1) Travel photography with Richard
I’Anson Expand my world online course. Prize valued at $259. Total Runner up Prize Pool is $2590
Total Prize pool
62. The Total Prize pool including the Major Prizes and Runner Up Prizes is $14,123