James Boag – Man of Many – Win The Ultimate Four-Day Long Melbourne Cup Weekend (prize valued at $5,882)
Terms and Conditions
James Boag Ultimate Melbourne Cup Experience
Lion Pty Ltd collects your personal information (name, date of birth, address, contact numbers
and email) via jamesboag.com.au when you enter this promotion for the purposes of your entry
into the promotion.
If we do not collect your personal information via www.jamesboags.com.au, you will not be able to
submit a valid entry into the promotion or claim your prize. We may disclose this personal
information to third parties, including local lottery authorities, for the sole purpose of processing
and conducting this promotion.
how you may access and seek correction of the personal information that is held by us, how you
may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or a registered privacy code
that binds us and how we will deal with such a complaint. Contact us at 1800 677 852 or
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants
agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. Entry is open to residents of New South Wales who are 18 years and over. Employees and
their immediate families of the Promoter, its agencies and venues/outlets associated with this
competition are ineligible to enter.
3. The competition commences at 15:00 AEDT on 20/10/2017 and closes at 23.59 AEDT on
29/10/2017 (“Promotional Period”). Entries received after 23.59 AEDT on 29/10/2017 will not
4. To enter, during the Promotional Period:
i. locate the Entry Question for the competition and access the online entry
form at jamesboag.com.au, then complete all sections of the online entry
form (including full name, address, email address, date of birth and mobile
ii. in 25 words or less, tell us “Why James Boag is the perfect beer for
iii. consent to receive marketing communications from James Boag
iv. submit during the Promotional Period.
5. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries
will be judged individually on their merits based on creativity or originality. The most creative
entry, as determined by the judges, will each receive the prize. One (1) prize to give away.
6. Judging will take place at 13.00 AEDT on 30/10/2017 at Lion – Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Ltd
(ABN 13 008 596 370) of Level 7, 68 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000. A panel of judges
appointed by the Promoter will judge entries.
7. Total RRP value of prize = $5,882.00 All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a
consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Full prize details
3 nights’ accommodation at One Sydney Harbour Autograph Series for 4 people (RRP $2000)
Transfers (to the value of $372)
MJ Bale Gift voucher (to the value of $500)
Lunch at Fred’s Paddington (to the value of $400)
Dinner at Mr. Wong (to the value of $500)
Lunch at Papi Chulo (to the value of $250)
Dinner at Felix (to the value of $400)
The Newport for lunch & afternoon drinks (to the value of $200)
Dinner at est. (to the value of $200)
Melbourne cup @ Coogee Pavilion (to the value of $500)
Surf lessons on Manly beach (RRP $400)
9 holes of golf @ Avalon Golf Course (RRP $160)
8. Prizes will be fulfilled to winner by Friday 3rd November 2017
9. The winner will be notified by email within two (2) days of judging subject to any delivery or
processing delays. Winners will be notified of any delay. Winner must claim prize by return
email by Thursday 2nd November 2017.
10. If any prize remains unclaimed in accordance with clause 9 or is otherwise forfeited despite
the Promoter making all reasonable efforts to notify the winner, the Promoter may deem any
winner as ineligible to receive the prize. In that event, the Promoter will reconvene the judges
on at the same time and place as the first judging in order to distribute any unclaimed prizes.
The next most creative and unique entry, as determined in the discretion of the judges, will be
deemed the replacement winner.
11. Any replacement winner will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) days of judging.
12. Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Prizes must be taken on these
dates. The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
13. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to
receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury in connection
with the conduct of the promotion whether as a result of:
a. technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, technical
website malfunctions or glitches; or
b. acts or omissions (including negligent acts of omissions) of the Promoter’s servants
or agents involved in the conduct of this promotion.
In the event of such problems or conduct, the Promoter may modify, cancel, terminate or
suspend the promotion.
14. If any prize or any element of a prize becomes unavailable or is otherwise unable to be
provided, the Promoter may substitute a prize or element of a prize of equal or greater value
at the Promoter’s sole discretion, subject to any written directions from the relevant
authorities. Winners will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the
prize or element of a prize has been substituted at equal or greater value.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address
and any other information from entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this
promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The
Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to
provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or is otherwise involved
in any conduct that involves manipulating, interfering or tampering with this promotion or
otherwise preventing the conduct of the promotion as intended by the Promoter. In the event
of such problems or conduct, then the Promoter may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend
16. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a
result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize, except for any loss, damage or injury
which is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot
be excluded by law.
17. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of transmission if all mandatory fields are
completed. Any dispute relating to whether entries have been received or not will be
determined by the Promoter, whose decision is final. Any entry that contains content that the
Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be incomplete, inaccurate, underage, erroneous,
ineligible, offensive, misleading, inappropriate or incomprehensible will be deemed invalid, as
well as any entry that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to infringe any intellectual
property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity.
18. Entrants consent to the Promoter publishing their name and/or associated entry on the
Promoter’s website and associated social media pages including Facebook.
19. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcoholic beverage prize if it
would breach any relevant laws, codes or policies including those of the relevant liquor
licensee relating to the Code of Practice for Responsible Service of Alcohol. The Promoter
supports the responsible service of alcohol.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image, entry, and/or voice in the event
that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for
the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any
products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. The Promoter owns any personal property rights in entries. Details from entries will be
collected and used for the purposes of conducting this promotion (which may include
disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion) and for
promotional purposes surrounding this promotion. By entering this promotion entrants
consent to the use of their information as described and agree that the Promoter may use this
information, or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for future
promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment to the
entrant. Entrants may access, change and/or update their personal information and obtain a
The Promoter is Lion – Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Ltd (ABN 13 008 596 370) of Level 7, 68 York Street,
Sydney NSW 2000