IGA – Foodworks /Foodland -Spend $10 on Vaalia products to – Win The Prize (“prize”) of an Apple Ipad Mini 4 (128gb Wifi Only) Valued at $579 Each (prize valued at $579)
“VAALIA INSTANT ITUNES GIFT CARD” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter, the Prizes and Gifts form part of these Terms and
Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and
2. The promoter is Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 56 072 928 879) of 35 Boundary St
South Brisbane, Qld 4101 telephone 1800 676 961 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents (excluding NT and TAS) aged 18 years or
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Participating Stores and
agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family
means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child
(whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent,
uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences at 12am AEDST on 15/01/18 and ends at 11:59pm AEDST on
23/02/18 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a. Buy at least $10 worth of Vaalia products in one (1) transaction at a Participating
Store (“Qualifying Transaction”). Upon making their Qualifying Transaction,
individuals will be given a receipt (“Purchase Receipt”), which contains proof of
purchase and a unique code for that store and transaction.
b. Visit www.vaalia.com.au/promotions, follow the prompts to input the requested
details into the online entry form (including their full name, valid email address,
telephone number, upload the Purchase Receipt and the barcodes from the
Vaalia products purchased in the Qualifying Transaction), and submit the fully
completed entry form.
Entries and Purchase Receipts will be verified before any Gifts or Prizes are
A “Participating Store” means any IGA, Supa IGA, Foodworks or Foodland store in
Australia (excluding NT and TAS) that displays advertising material for this promotion.
7. Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt(s) and product barcode(s) for all
entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries
when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation
of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s)
must clearly specify the store of purchase, that at least $10 was spent on Vaalia
products and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to
8. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Entries are
deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and
not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means
that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all
entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
10. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
11. Multiple entries are permitted subject to the following:
a. Only one (1) entry is permitted per Qualifying Transaction (regardless of the
amount spend on Vaalia products in excess of $10 in that transaction);
b. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with these Terms
and Conditions; and
c. A maximum of three (3) entries are permitted per person per day.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and
entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to
believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry
process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to
jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be
accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its
rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal
rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
13. The first five thousand (5,000) valid entries received will each receive the gift (“Gift”)
of a $5 Apple iTunes e-voucher. Gift recipients will be notified via email and phone
within two (2) business days once their entry has been submitted in accordance with
clause 6 above. For the removal of doubt, all valid entries received (regardless of
whether or not they receive a Gift) will be automatically placed in the Prize draw, and
the unclaimed prize draw if required.
14. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the e-voucher are not included. Any
unused balance of the e-voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the e-
voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified
on the e-voucher.
15. The Prize draw will take place at PrimeFocus Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South
Yarra, VIC 3141 on Monday 5th March 2018 at 11:00am AEDST. The Promoter may
draw additional reserve entries in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The first ten (10) valid entries drawn will each win the prize (“Prize”) of an Apple iPad
mini 4 (128GB WiFi only) valued at $579 each.
17. Prize winners will be notified via phone and email within two (2) business days of the
draw and their names will be published at www.vaalia.com.au from Monday 19th March
18. The total prize pool is $30,790.00 including GST.
19. ‘iTunes’ and ‘iPad’ are trade marks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other
countries. Apple is not a sponsor of nor participant in this promotion.
20. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take /
redeem a Prize or Gift by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize or Gift will
21. If any Prize or Gift is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to
substitute the Prize or Gift with a prize or gift to equal or greater value and/or
specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
22. The Prizes and Gifts are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as
23. A draw for any unclaimed Prizes may take place on Monday 11th June 2018 at the
same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory
authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the
draw and their names will be published at www.vaalia.com.au from Wednesday 27th
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the
event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in
any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting
this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured,
distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
25. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or
fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent
permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions
from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
26. Any cost associated with accessing the promotion website is the entrant’s
responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
27. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
a. any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any
communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by
problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or
internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
b. any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such
c. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other
equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
d. any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the
course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the
foregoing causes or otherwise); or
e. any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier),
or failure of safe delivery of a Prize or Gift.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under
the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the
ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia
(“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be
excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its
respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence),
for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether
direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is
not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal
injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect,
special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c. any entry, Prize or Gift claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected
(whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter;
d. any variation in Prize or Gift value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e. taking and/or use of a Prize or Gift.
30. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter
for any loss or damage or third party claims in relation to breach of these terms.
31. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as
and in the form required by the Promoter and prize suppliers in their absolute
discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
32. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any taxation implications that may arise
from winning of a Prize or Gift. Independent financial advice should be sought.
33. The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the promotion
and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to
agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian
regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also
www.parmalat.com.au/privacy-policy/ . In addition to any use that may be outlined in
otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and
profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant.
update or correct their PI, how entrants may complain about a breach of the Australian
Privacy Principles or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt
with. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/20523 ACT Permit No. TP17/02542 SA Permit No. T17/2374