Homes To Love – Win a 12-night Crystal Cruise on the Mediterranean
Country Style 30th Birthday Reader Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion commences on 16/05/19 and ends at 11:59 AEST/AEDST on 10/07/19 (“Promotional Period”).
3. You must be aged 18 years or over to enter. Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents. Employees of the Promoter, Emirates and Crystal Cruises and their immediate family and other persons associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter online: You can enter by going to www.homestolove.com.au/countrystyleturns30 and following the prompts to the competition entry page. At the competition entry page, you submit an online entry by completing the entry form (including your full name, mailing address, email address, daytime telephone number and answer, in 25 words or less, to the competition question – “why do you deserve to win this Mediterranean holiday for two?”
5. One entry per person permitted.
6. An entry must not be: (a) late; (b) incomplete; (c) indecipherable; (d) incomprehensible; (e) illegible; (f) unlawful; (g) obscene; (h) defamatory; (i) discriminatory; (j) threatening; (k) pornographic; (l) harassing; (m) hateful; (n) racially or ethnically offensive; (o) capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence; (p) capable of violating any law; or (q) capable of giving rise to civil liability. Any such entry will be ineligible and will be discarded. Any entry that the judges deem otherwise inappropriate will be ineligible and will be discarded.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for late, lost or misdirected mail enclosing an entry, or an entry not being received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever.
9. Any costs associated with entering the Promotion, including data costs, are the entrant’s responsibility.
10. The Promotion is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary, artistic and creative merit. The judges’ decision will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions or any other applicable terms may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture of prizes at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
12. You warrant to the Promoter that your entry is an original work that does not infringe the rights of any person. You warrant that you own or have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize the Promoter to use all trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to your entry to enable inclusion and use of your entry in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions. If any part of the information provided by you in relation to you entry was provided by a third party, you warrant that you have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of the Promotion.
13. You indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranties contained in these terms and conditions.
14. You grant to the Promoter an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual licence to use your entry in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using your entry in connection with book publication and promotional, marketing or publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to you. The Promoter may amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of your entry.
15. The Promoter will not be liable for any breach of copyright in connection with your entry. You will be solely responsible your entry and the consequences of submitting it.
16. The Promoter may use and may permit others to use your entry at its absolute discretion, including in connection with a story or feature on the Promotion to be published in any of its print or digital publications, without further remuneration or reference to you.
Judging and award of prize
17. The judging will be conducted by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judging will take place at Bauer Media, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and will begin on 15/07/19.
18. The best valid entry as determined by the judges will win the following prize(s):
• 2x return economy flights with Emirates, leaving from winner’s closest capital city in Australia or Auckland if in NZ, to Rome and departing from Nice, valued at up to AUD $4,000 each
• 1 x 12 night “Mediterranean Impressions” cruise from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo departing 21 April, 2019 aboard Crystal Serenity, one Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah (Category A1) twin share valued at up to AUD $17316.57 (USD $12378.00)
The TOTAL PRIZE POOL IS VALUED AT UP TO AUD $21,261.00 (including GST).
19. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within 7 business days of the draw using the contact details provided in their entry. The winner’s name will be published in www.homestolove.com.au/countrystyleturns30 on 19/07/19.
20. The winner must take the prize as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer.
21. If, for any reason, the winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
22. If a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter may substitute an alternative prize to substantially the same recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written direction from the various regulatory authorities.
23. The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the winner, provided that address is in Australia or New Zealand. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery of the prize by a third party or for any damaged caused to the prize during delivery.
24. The prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize, which are the responsibility of the winner.
25. In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize that are the responsibility of the winner.
26. The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
27. All the components of the prize must be taken as a package in one (1) holiday.
28. The winner (and their companion) are responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to surcharges, taxes (excluding airport and airline taxes), flights to Emirates departure capital city, spending money, meals, insurance, drinks, transfers (unless specified), transport to and from departure point, laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel restrictions may apply.
29. Prize does not include travel insurance. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Transport to and from Departure point including but not limited to additional Domestic airfares if required, any additional meals, any extra sightseeing or activities, any additional accommodation, personal spending money, and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companions. Prize also excludes medical expenses, items of a personal nature, beverages, optional tours not outlined, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights, room upgrades or other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize other than those specified. These costs and expenses are the responsibility of the winner. Any extension to the duration of the prize is at the winner’s sole expense and subject to availability at the time of booking. For the removal of doubt, taxes for domestic/international (if required) travel are included in the prize winning domestic/international (if required) airfares provided by the Promoter.
Emirates Flights Terms:
Emirates flight tickets (“Flight Tickets”) are valid on Emirates only and are non-extendable, non-transferable, non-re-routable, non-endorsable and non en-cashable. Flight Tickets shall at all times be subject to availability, capacity controls and Emirates Conditions of Carriage and applicable ticket conditions as set out on the Emirates website and seats may not be available on all flights. Flight Tickets are not valid for bookings on partner airlines or code share or interline flights or for use in connection any other products or services. The winner and where applicable their guest must travel together on the same dates / sectors on both outward and return journeys. If a winner or where applicable the guest is unable to utilize the Flights Tickets no cash alternative will be provided. All travel documentation and visas must be up to date and are the responsibility of the winner and where applicable the guest. Flight Tickets do not include access to the Emirates Lounges. Skywards miles are not accruable on the flights.
Nothing in these Official Rules requires Emirates to provide transportation to any person except in accordance with:
Emirates General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage and travel documents, including airline tickets and airway bills, issued by Emirates; Emirates Schedule of Operations in place from time to time; and the relevant immigration rules applicable to any ticket holder.
Except in accordance with and subject to the limitations set out in the Warsaw Convention 1929 (as amended by the Hague Protocol 1955), the Montreal Convention 1999, and its travel documents (including but not limited to airline tickets and airway bills), Emirates accepts no liability to any person for any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from the utilisation of Flight Tickets provided pursuant to the Promotion.
Emirates will cover the taxes on the ticket to include any government, airport, or airline taxes. Travel insurance and travel to and from airports together with other costs associated with travel are the responsibility of the winner. Government taxes and fees which apply to travel booked on an Emirates Flight Ticket, are the responsibility of the passenger, and will vary based on route. Government taxes/fees are subject to change as required by law. Passenger is solely responsible for fees for oversized, overweight or extra baggage and fees for products/services sold separately. Passenger must pay all applicable taxes and fees at the time of booking.
The winner and where applicable their guest will be responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with redeeming the Flight Tickets including but not limited to travel insurance, airfares, food, accommodation transfers (other than as provided hereunder) and any other ancillary costs associated with redemption of the Flight Tickets.
Crystal Cruises Terms:
The cruise prize entitles two guests to the 12-night “Mediterranean Impressions” cruise from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo departing 21 April, 2020 aboard Crystal Serenity. Itinerary is subject to change.
The prize includes 1 x Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah (Category A1) twin share and dining staff gratuities, many premium non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages and other features included in the onboard experience. This cruise prize does not include cruise port, security and handling charges of US$540 per person, as currently published at www.crystalcruises.com.
This cruise is not redeemable for cash value or value toward a longer cruise and is non-transferable and non-commissionable. It does not include air transportation, airport transfers, cruise port, security and handling charges, travel insurance, shore excursions or any on-board expenses not included in the cruise fare (i.e. spa services, boutique purchases and gambling, etc.). Crystal Cruises reserves the right to change or deviate from the ship’s advertised itinerary or route, delay, advance or cancel any sailing or ports of call.
Upgrade room category options are subject to further charges and availability. This cruise donation is non-transferable and is only valid on the above voyage.
30. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
32. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar applicable laws (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any: (a) personal injury arising in any way out of the Promotion; or (b) any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (i) the Promotion; (ii) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (iii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iv) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (v) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (vii) use of the prize.
33. Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter makes no representations or warranty as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods or services offered as a prize.
35. The Promoter in Australia is Bauer Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (phone: (02) 9282 8000) and in New Zealand is Bauer Media Group (NZ) LP of City Works Depot, Shed 12, 90 Wellesley Street, Auckland.