HCF – Win a 2019 Suncorp Super NeTBall Grand Final Experience [closes 6pm] (prize valued at $4,500)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY INTO “HCF Super Netball Grand Final Competition”
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this
Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. These terms and conditions of entry into “HCF Super Netball Grand Final Competition” are
authorised under NSW Permit Number LTPS/19/37058, and ACT Permit No. TP 19/03993.
3. The Promoter is The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (ABN 68 000 026 746)
of Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000 (“Promoter”).
4. The “HCF Super Netball Grand Final Competition” commences at 8:00am AEST on Monday 19
August 2019 and ends at 6:00pm AEST on Sunday 1 September 2019 (“Promotion
5. Entry is only open to residents of Australia who are aged 18 years and over, have a valid
telephone number and valid email address (“Eligible Entrants”). Where applicable all
Eligible Entrants will be required to provide proof of eligibility to redeem their prize.
6. Employees (and their immediate family members) of HCF and agencies associated with this
promotion are ineligible. An ‘immediate family member’ includes any of the following: spouse,
ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent,
step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-
brother, step-sister or first cousin.
7. To enter and be eligible to win, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Promotional Period go to
the competition website:
a. complete the ‘HCF Super Netball Grand Final Competition’ entry form available on the
competition website by providing their first name, last name, email address, mobile
phone number, postcode, the Suncorp Super Netball team they support and accept
these terms and conditions
8. Only one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant permitted during the Promotional Period. Any
subsequent entry after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid. Entries will be
deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter however not at the time of
transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete,
inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
9. The total prize pool value is AUD $4,500. The prize consists of:
a. General Admission tickets for the winner and three guests (4 tickets in total) to
attend the 2019 Suncorp Super Netball Grand Final (“Grand Final”) held on 15
b. A behind the scene Grand Final experience including back of house walk through of
match day operational areas and a Stadium tour.
c. Fan photo opportunity under the winner’s arch on court after the medal ceremony
(this is not a photo with the winning team);
d. 4x economy class return flights from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City to
the Grand Final Capital City (to be determined) (includes flights associated taxes);
e. Transfers from the airport to the hotel in the Grand Final Capital City;
f. 1x Nights’ accommodation in a 2-bedroom room/apartment at a minimum 4-star
hotel (of the promoter’s choice) in the Grand Final Capital City;
g. Cab charge provided for travel to and from the Grand Final; and
h. Return car transfer to the airport in the Grand Final Capital City.
10. Post entry, the entrant may choose to complete an additional survey for ten (10) bonus
entries. Following completion, the entrant will be eligible for eleven (11) entries into the
11. In the event that the winner resides from the same state that the Grand Final is hosted, they
will not be eligible for flights, airport transfers, and they will only be eligible for 1 nights’
accommodation at the hotel of the Promoter’s choice.
12. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash,
returned for a refund, or transferred to any other person.
13. The winner will be determined at 12:00pm AEST on Monday 2 September 2019 at the
Promoter’s premises, being Level 5, 403 George Street Sydney NSW 2000, and published at
www.hcf.com.au on 5 September 2019. The first valid entry randomly drawn will be deemed
the winner and have the opportunity to accept the prize. The Promoter will take all
reasonable steps to contact the winner as set out below in clause 16.
14. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
15. The judges’ decision (including any decisions as to prize distribution) is final and the Promoter
will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
16. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing (email) using the details provided at the
time of entry on 4 September 2019. To claim the prize the winner must respond in writing
17. In the event that the prize remains unclaimed, after reasonable attempts have been made to
contact the winner, an unclaimed prize draw will occur on 5 September 2019 at the same
time and address as the original draw. The unclaimed prize winners will be notified in writing
within 2 business days and published at www.hcf.com.au on 8 September 2019.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the
Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the
Promoter and not at the time of transmission. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or
misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry
mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
19. Incomplete, illegible and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory
comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual
property rights, are not eligible to win.
20. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of HCF, including but
not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, HCF reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any individual; or
(b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
21. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian
Securities and Investment Commissions Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in
the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any
liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, HCF
(including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including
negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity),
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Promotion.
22. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry
mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be
ineligible to win.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with
these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of
the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no
correspondence will be entered into.
24. By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook and
Instagram from any and all liability associated with this competition, to the extent permitted
by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law). HCF
and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or
administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Entrants acknowledge that they
are providing information to HCF and not to Facebook or Instagram.
25. By entering the Promotion, the entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter may use
and disclose the information provided by the entrant on the terms and for the purposes
(including marketing) set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at
policy or by calling 1300 363 992, as if they were a customer of the Promoter. The entrant
agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them even after this Promotion ends. If the
entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds
about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant
should advise the Promoter by phoning 1300 363 992.
26. HCF collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct this offer and may, for this
purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors,
service providers and prize suppliers. Submitting a claim is conditional on providing this PI.
how you may opt out, access, update or correct your PI, how you may complain about a
breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable law and how those
complaints will be dealt with. The Promoter will not disclose your personal information to any
entity outside of Australia, however persons outside of Australia may view some of your
personal information on the Promoter’s social media sites as set out in Clause 27 below.
27. By entering into the Promotion, the entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
a. they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition
and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos and video of them
and collect comments from them on the day the prizes are awarded or while
participating in a prize. References to comments about the competition, photos,
videos and entry details are collectively, the “Materials”;
b. the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter
wishes at anytime, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license,
authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
c. without limiting clause 21. (b), the Promotor may use the Materials for the purposes
of marketing the Promotion and the Promotor, including on the Promotor’s social
d. they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual,
exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
e. they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would
otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of
the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature
conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this
consent is given (“Moral Rights”);
f. they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
g. they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for
infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
28. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/37058 and ACT Permit No. TP 19/03993