Hachette – Win 1 of 3 Signed Copies of Wundersmith
Room To Love Competition
Promoter: Vicinity Centres PM Pty Ltd ABN 96 101 504 045, as disclosed agent for the owners
of the Shopping Centre, Melbourne Corporate Office, Level 4, Chadstone Tower
One, 1341 Dandenong Rd, Chadstone VIC 3148
Take Spring Home Competition
See Schedule 1
Prize(s): 10 x prizes, each a $100 gift
card redeemable at winner’s
choice of one of the Participating
Retailers who designed and
styled the display room the
winner voted for
Start Date and
9:00am (AEDT) on 17/10/2018 End Date and
5.00pm (AEDT) on 4/11/2018
Victoria Gardens Shopping
620 Victoria St, Richmond VIC
Proof of entry: N/A State/Territory VIC
By 12pm (AEDT) on 18/11/2018.
Vicinity Centres PM Pty Ltd (ABN 96 101 504 045) (‘We’, ‘Our’ or ‘Us’) on behalf of the Shopping Centre
collects your personal information in order to run this Promotion, understand your interests and activities
in relation to centres which we manage as well as plan, operate and manage these centres and the digital
channels through which we engage with you. Where you consent to us doing so, we also use your
personal information to contact you with centre news updates, events and promotions. We may disclose
your personal information to our related bodies corporate and service providers, including those located
in the USA and Singapore. We also de-identify and aggregate your data for market research and data
about how we handle personal information and how you can contact us to access, correct or complain
about our handling of personal information.
Terms and Conditions
1. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. visit www.vicgardenssc.com.au and locate the Promotion entry page displaying the five
display rooms available. Each display room will be designed and styled by one or more Prize
Suppliers in accordance with Schedule 1; and
b. follow the instructions to vote on your favourite room, explaining in 25 words or less why you
like it, and providing all requested information,
(each, an Entry and collectively the Entries).
2. Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter the Promotion and may enter this Promotion as many
times as they wish provided that each Entry is submitted separately, with a separate “25 words or
less” statement in accordance with 1 above.
3. 10 winners will be selected after the end of the Promotion Period in accordance with 10 below.
4. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant grants the Promoter a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable,
non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce,
modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content
of their Entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each Entrant consents to the
Promoter, the Shopping Centre or their respective agents, employees, contractors or sub-licensees
doing anything in relation to such use which might otherwise infringe the Entrant’s moral rights and
warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
5. The Promotion shall run from the Start Date and Time to the End Date and Time (Promotion Period)
and is promoted by the Promoter on behalf of the Shopping Centre. The Promotion is not valid in
conjunction with any other offer.
6. All entrants (Entrants) acknowledge and agree that their entry into the Promotion is subject to, and they
must adhere to, these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions or alterations to
these terms and conditions as set out by the Promoter from time to time. Information about Prizes and
how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. Entries not in accordance with these terms and
conditions are invalid. The Promoter may, at any time, require Entrants to produce documentation to
establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of Entries (including receipts and documentation
establishing identity, age, place of residence and place of employment of Entrants). Failure by the
Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
7. The Promotion is open to all residents of Australia except: employees, contractors, agents of Prize
Supplier(s) and Shopping Centre sponsors of the Promotion and their immediate families; employees
of the Promoter or a related body corporate and their immediate families; tenants in the Shopping Centre
and their immediate families; the staff of tenants in the Shopping Centre and their immediate families;
the contractors of tenants in the Shopping Centre and their immediate families; the proprietors and staff
of companies involved in the production, publishing and administration of the Promotion and their
immediate families. Immediate families means spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether
natural or by adoption) and grandparents. Tenant means lessees, licensees and, in the case of a
corporation, includes their directors.
8. The Winners are eligible to win a Prize as specified by the Promoter. All available Prizes are
collectively valued at the Prize Pool Total Value. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion
to disqualify any Entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms
and conditions, or engaged in unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and
proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter reserves its rights to recover damages or other
compensation from such a person.
9. The Prizes are supplied by the Prize Supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions
of the Prize Supplier(s). Any warranty on the goods and services obtained as a result of a Prize remains
the sole responsibility of the relevant Prize Supplier.
10. The Promotion is a game of skill and the winners will be selected from the pool of eligible Entries based
on, among other things, the most interesting, original and creative Entries as determined by the
Promoter or the Shopping Centre in their absolute discretion (Winner(s)). Chance plays no part in
determining the winners. The Promoter may select additional reserve Entries and record them in order,
in case a Winner is deemed invalid or a Prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
11. Winning Entries must conform to all terms and conditions. No responsibility will be accepted for late,
lost, illegible, incorrectly submitted or incomplete Entries. Entries which contain incorrect contact details
shall be deemed invalid.
12. The Promoter and Centre Management reserve the right to remove any Entry that contains offensive,
inappropriate or derogatory material. Any Entry containing such content shall be deemed invalid.
13. Any decision made by Centre Management at the Shopping Centre in respect of the Promotion or a
Prize is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Winners will be notified via phone and email within 2 days of determination. Each Winner must
respond as directed during the Winner Contact Period to claim their Prize. Centre Management for the
Shopping Centre will arrange a time with each Winner to collect their Prize.
15. If a Winner cannot be contacted (i.e. attempts to contact the Winner have met with failure) or does not
claim the Prize or the Shopping Centre does not receive any return communication within the Winner
Contact Period, the Winner will no longer be entitled to a Prize and the Promoter may award the Prize
to a Reserve Entrant and/or select a replacement winner (Replacement Winner). The Replacement
Winner is then the Winner of the Prize for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
16. If a Prize is unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of
equal or greater value.
17. Proof of identity will be required to claim a Prize. A Prize must be taken as offered, is not transferable,
refundable or exchangeable for cash or kind and is subject to these terms and conditions. The Promoter
is not responsible for any change in Prize value.
18. Winners must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter
requires, without any compensation. Winners consent to the Promoter using their names and images
in any promotional or advertising activity.
19. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any
statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
20. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter, the Shopping Centre owners and their respective
related entities, officers, employees, contractors and agents shall not be liable (including in negligence)
for any loss, liability, cost, damage, personal injury, illness, death, expense or claim whatsoever which
is suffered (including but not limited to personal injury and indirect, special or consequential economic
loss) as a result of the Promotion or in connection with a Prize except for any liability which under statute
cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
21. All internet, mobile phone and/or SMS charges in relation to the Promotion are the sole responsibility
of the Entrant.
22. If the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way by any cause
outside the reasonable control of the Promoter or the Promotion is not capable of running as planned
(including, but not limited to, by reason of misdirected Entries, tampering, unauthorized intervention,
fraud or technical failure, software, hardware or communications issues or tampering), the Promoter
reserves the right (in its absolute discretion) to suspend, modify, cancel, recommence or terminate the
Promotion as appropriate.
23. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social
media platform provider (including, but not limited to, the providers of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
or any of their related entities (Provider).
24. Each Entrant agrees to release any Provider from all liability in connection with, or in relation to, the
25. The terms and conditions of the Promotion do not intend to conflict with, or derogate from, a Provider’s
terms and conditions of use, statement of rights and responsibilities (if any), data use policy or any other
terms and conditions imposed by the relevant Provider on Entrants from time to time to use the relevant
social media platform.
26. Any provision of these terms and conditions which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is
ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. That does not
invalidate the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions nor affect the validity of the provision
in any other jurisdiction.
27. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for:
a. any tax implications that may arise from the Prize;
b. any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication
sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication
networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet providers, congestion on any carrier
networks or otherwise;
c. any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; and
d. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used
for the conduct of the Promotion.
Rooms Retailer ABN
Adairs 29 128 287 776
Bed Bath N Table 66 005 216 866
Outdoor area/patio Freedom 91 307 823 691
Howard’s Storage World 67 582 892 904
IKEA 84 006 270 757
Kmart 73 004 700 485
Matchbox 27 600 900 374
Living room IKEA 84 006 270 757