Gourmet Traveller – Win The Ultimate Super Saturday Dining Experience @flemington Racecourse (prize valued at $1,460)
1. Promotion 2020 Super Garden Party and Gourmet Traveller Competition
Entries Open: 11.00am (AEDT) Tuesday 11 February 2020
Entries Close: 5.00pm (AEDT) Monday March 2 2020
3. Eligible Entrants Australian residents, subject to clause 5 of the Promotion Terms.
4. How to Enter During the Promotional Period, an Eligible Entrant must:
visit the following link:
complete all required fields on the Website; and
where indicated on the Website, answer the following question in 25 words or less:
“Win the ultimate culinary day out on Super Saturday at Flemington Racecourse.
Simply tell us in 25 words or less how you would make it a day to remember.”
An Eligible Entrant may not submit more than one entry.
5. Prize(s) Prize: Prizes consist of the following:
Grand Prize** (one only)
Lunch for four people at The Byerley on Super Saturday, Saturday 7
March 2020 at Flemington Racecourse, including a drinks voucher*
Consolation Prize** (50 available to win)
Double pass to the ‘Super Garden Party’, including free entry to The
Club Stand and a $70 food and drink* voucher, on Super Saturday,
Saturday 7 March 2020 at Flemington Racecourse.
*If a Prize is won by an individual under 18 years of age on 7 March
2020, the drink voucher may only be redeemed for non-alcoholic
**Prizes do not include travel, accommodation or transfers.
Prize Value: Grand Prize
$1,460 including GST
$200 each including GST
$11,460 including GST.
6. Prize Selection Method: The Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in the selection
of the Prize winners.
Each valid entry will be individually judged by the Promoter’s Head of
Events, Entertainment & Activations and Senior Manager Marketing,
Brand & Acquisition, according to its merits on the basis of creativity and
originality as determined in the complete discretion of the Promoter.
Date: 2 March 2020
Time: 5.30pm (AEDT)
Location: Victoria Racing Club Head Office
448 Epsom Road
Flemington VIC 3031
Notification: Each winner will be notified by email and/or telephone within two (2)
days of the prize selection date.
7. Publication of
Website The winners’ details may be published on the Promoter’s website –
8. Prize Collection At the Promoter’s Head Office on or before 6 March 2020, or at the Flemington
Racecourse front gate on 7 March 2020 (during opening hours).
9. Unclaimed Prizes If a Prize is unclaimed within 5 days of the prize judging date it will be automatically
1. The Promotion Details and the Promotion Terms together form
the terms and conditions of entry for the Promotion (Terms and
Conditions). By participating in this Promotion each entrant
accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between the Promotion
Details and the Promotion Terms, the terms of the Promotion
Details will prevail. Capitalised terms not otherwise defined in
these Promotion Terms have the same meaning as in the
Promotion Details. A reference to an Item in these Promotion
Terms means the corresponding item in the Promotion Details.
3. The Promoter is Victoria Racing Club Limited (ACN 119 214
078) of 448 Epsom Road, Flemington, Victoria 3031
4. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these
Terms and Conditions.
5. Entry is open to Eligible Entrants set out at Item 3. Directors,
officers, management and employees (and the immediate family
members of directors, officers, management and employees) of
the Promoter or any suppliers, providers, companies and
agencies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to enter.
“Immediate family member” means a spouse, ex-spouse, de-
facto spouse, parent, child, sibling or step-child, whether or not
they live in the same household.
6. If specified, Entrants must be at least the age specified in Item
3. If permitted under Item 3, entrants under 18 years of age
must have parental/guardian approval to enter and
parental/guardian consent to these Terms and Conditions. If the
winner is under the age of 18 years, his/her parent or guardian
will be required to consent in writing to these Terms and
Conditions. Winning Entrants are, for the duration of their
attendance at Flemington Racecourse, subject to the ‘Ticketing
and Conditions of Entry for Flemington Racecourse’, including
the requirement for those under 18 years of age to be supervised
by a parent or guardian).
7. To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must complete the
steps set out in Item 4.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, in its sole
(a) verify the validity of entries and entrants (including
but not limited to an entrant’s identity, age and place
of residence); and/or
(b) disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not
in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or
who tampers with the entry process; and/or
(c) disqualify at any time any entry that, in the opinion of
the Promoter, includes objectionable content,
profanity or is potentially insulting, inflammatory or
9. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s
discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at
any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. Entries will be deemed to be accepted once Eligible Entrants
have completed the steps set out in Item 4. Incomplete,
indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. No
responsibility will be taken for lost or misdirected entries.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity
of the entrant.
12. The Promoter prohibits entries that violate the rights of others,
include objectionable content or are unlawful or potentially
insulting, inflammatory, defamatory or obscene.
13. Entry to the Promotion will be free of charge.
14. The Winner of the Prize will not be charged a delivery or
administrative fee. Winners must collect their Prize in
accordance with Item 8.
15. In accordance with Item 9, if for any reason a winner does not
take a Prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that
winner’s Prize will be forfeited.
16. The Promotor may substitute the winner of a Prize if that person
is not readily identifiable and reasonable efforts have been
made by the Promoter to identify the winner.
17. If a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its
discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part
of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification,
subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. The Prize Value(s) in these Terms and Conditions are in
Australian dollars, include Australian GST where applicable
and are based on the recommended retail value of Prize
components at the time of printing.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the
value of any part of the Prizes. To the extent permitted by law:
(a) the Promoter makes no representations or warranties
as to the suitability of the Prizes; and
(b) no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, a
winner is unable to use the Prizes as stated.
20. The winner accepts the Prize ‘as is’ and acknowledges that the
Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that
may arise from the Prize.
21. Entrants are not required to be present at the prize judging to be
eligible to win.
22. The winners will be notified in writing by email within the
timeframe prescribed in Item 6 using the contact details
provided to the Promoter on entry into the Promotion. The
winners’ details may also be published in the public notices
section in the newspaper and on the date set out in Item 7. The
winners’ details will also be published at the website and for the
time period set out in Item 7.
23. The Prizes are as stated and cannot be varied or transferred or
exchanged for cash or goods. If, for any reason whatsoever, the
winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time
stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the Prize will
be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu
of that element of the Prize. Prize values are the recommended
retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at time
24. Only one prize can be won by any single entrant.
25. Printing errors and other quality control matters will not be used
as a reason for refusing a winning entry.
26. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the
Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters.
27. Subject to the approval of the relevant trade promotion
regulators if required, if this promotion is interfered with in any
way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably
anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of
the Promoter, including but not limited to infection by
computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical difficulties,
unauthorised intervention or fraud, which corrupt or affect the
administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct
of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to
disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process; or
(b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority,
to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
28. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate
information either caused by programming associated with or
utilised in the promotion, or for any technical error, or any
combination thereof that may occur in the course of the
administration of the promotion including any omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line, mobile or satellite network failure, theft
or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
29. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is
the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet
service provider used.
30. The use of any automated entry software or any other
mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to
automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all
entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
31. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name,
likeness, image, voice and/or entry if they are a winner
including photograph, film and/or recording of the same in any
media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the
purpose of promoting the Promotion including any outcome,
and promoting any products, services or materials
manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or
the supplier of the Prizes and any related use by the Promoter.
32. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the winner agrees to
participate in and cooperate with all reasonable media editorial
requests, including but not limited to, being interviewed,
photographed and filmed and the winner grants the Promoter a
perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use
such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the
winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The
inclusion of any such recordings, footage or photographs
(including but not limited to creative control of such recordings,
footage or photographs) will remain with the Promoter at all
33. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner may be
required to sign legal documentation as and in the form required
by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, including but not
limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
34. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the
Promoter and its related entities and their respective officials,
servants, representatives, agents and sponsors (and any of their
respective representatives), exclude all liability (including
liability in negligence) for any claim, personal injury, death,
loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), cost or expense
that may be suffered, incurred or sustained by the entrant or the
winner, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not
limited to, arising out of the following: (a) any technical
difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the
Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third
party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost,
altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt
by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that
stated in these Terms and Conditions; and/or (e) redemption and
use by the winner of any Prize.
35. All entrants in the Promotion, including the winner, provide a
release and indemnity to the Promoter and its officials, servants,
representatives, agents and sponsors (and any of their respective
representatives) against any claim, loss, damage, liability, cost
and expense that may be incurred or sustained by the Promoter
or its officials, servants, representatives, agents and sponsors
(and any of their respective representatives) arising out of any
act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by the
entrant including the winner in relation to the Promotion or the
36. The Promoter and its related entities and their respective
officials, servants, representatives, agents and sponsors (and any
of their respective representatives) take no responsibility for
defective Prizes or Prizes damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost
or misdirected mail.
37. The release and indemnity in clauses 34 and 35 (each a
“relevant commitment”) is given by each entrant (including
the Winners) in favour of the Promoter. It is acknowledged
(a) the relevant commitment is given by each entrant and
the winner for the benefit of the Promoter with the
intention that the Promoter is entitled to rely on and
enforce the relevant commitment;
(b) the benefit of the relevant commitment is held by the
Promoter on its own behalf; and
(c) the Promoter may enforce and recover under the
38. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter
collects personal information from entrants in order to facilitate
the Promotion. Entrants’ personal information may also be
provided to third parties (including prize suppliers) for the
purpose of administering this Promotion or providing prizes or
to the State and Territory lottery departments as required under
the relevant lottery legislation. If the information requested is
not provided, the entrant may not be eligible to participate in the
Promotion. The Promoter will handle personal information
disclosed by the entrant in accordance with the Australian
Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the
applicable, unless the entrant has “opt-ed out”, the entrant
agrees that the Promoter may use this information in any media
for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes,
including the sending of electronic messages. Entrants may
access the information that the Promoter holds about them,
request to “opt-out” of any future communications or make a
complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or
a registered privacy code that binds the Promoter by contacting
the Promoter’s Privacy Officer at 448 Epsom Road,
Flemington, Victoria 3031.
39. The Promoter will not send, allow to be sent, or assist in the
sending of one or more unsolicited commercial electronic
messages with an Australian link for purposes of the Spam Act,
use or distribute any software designed to harvest email
addresses or otherwise breach the Spam Act or the Spam
Regulations 2004 (Cth).
40. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the
State of Victoria, Australia and each entrant agrees to submit to
the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.