Foxtel – Win The Prize If They (prize valued at $11,600)
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
1 of 8
SYFY Comicon Competition
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
a) “Closing Date” means 23:59hrs, Monday 30 October, 2017.
b) “Commencement Date” means 09:00hrs, Monday 9 October, 2017.
c) “Determination Date” means 10:00hrs, Thursday 16 November, 2017.
d) “Entrant” means a person who enters the Promotion.
e) “Facebook Page” means the official SyFy Facebook page, located at
f) “Instagram Page” means the official SyFy Instagram page on the Instagram
g) “Prize” means the prize offered in the Promotion.
h) “Promoter” means Foxtel Management Pty Ltd ABN 65 068 671 938, of 5
Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW 2113.
i) “Promotion” means this competition.
j) “Promotion Period” means the period between the Commencement Date and
the Closing Date.
k) “Relevant Parties” means the Promoter and the agencies and companies that
are associated with the Promoter or the Promotion including, but not limited
to the Supplier.
l) “Supplier” means the supplier of the Prize.
m) “Website” means the Foxtel Access website, located at
n) “Winner” means the Entrant who wins the Prize, including in the Unclaimed
o) “Unclaimed Prize Determination” has the meaning set out in clause 29.
p) “Unclaimed Prize Determination Date” means Thursday 15 February, 2018.
2. All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney, which may be AEST or AEDT
depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock. 00:00hrs is
the start of a day and 24:00hrs is the end of a day.
3. The Promotion is conducted by the Promoter.
4. The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the
5. Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By
entering the Promotion, Entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for
their decision to participate in the Promotion and to take the Prize if they are the
6. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of
these Terms and Conditions.
7. This Promotion will be advertised via the Website, Facebook Page, Instagram
Page, On Air across NBCUniversal channels.
8. An Entrant is eligible to win the Prize if they:
a) are a permanent resident of Australia;
b) are either:
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
2 of 8
i. a Foxtel, Foxtel Now subscriber, or live in a household with a Foxtel,
Foxtel Now, subscription and have the subscriber’s permission to
enter the Promotion, and the subscription account is not in arrears
from the Commencement Date until the Unclaimed Prize
Determination Date; OR
ii. are employed by a Foxtel Business subscriber and have the
subscriber’s permission to enter the Promotion, and the subscription
account is not in arrears from the Commencement Date until the
Unclaimed Prize Determination Date; and
c) are over the age of 18;
and are not:
d) employees of:
i. the Promoter;
ii. the Supplier;
iii. any corporations or agencies related to the entities in paragraphs i.
and ii. above; or
iv. any of the Relevant Parties; or
e) a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by
marriage or adoption) of a person who is an employee of any of the entities
listed in paragraph d) above.
9. Entry to the Promotion commences on the Commencement Date and closes on
the Closing Date.
10. To enter the Promotion, an Entrant must, during the Promotion Period:
a) go to the Website; and
b) click on the Promotion link; and
c) complete all of the required data entry fields on the entry form; and
d) answer the following question, in 25 words or less: “What is the greatest
thing you’ve done as a fan?”(the “Entry Question”).
11. An Entrant’s entry must not be:
e) unlawful or capable of violating any law or giving rise to a civil action;
g) defamatory or libellous;
h) threatening or harassing;
i) pornographic or contain nudity;
k) offensive against a person or group of persons on the grounds of age, colour,
gender, national or ethnic origin, disability, race, religion or sexual preference;
l) incite or be capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a
m) in violation of the social media guidelines, rules or terms of service of the
relevant social media site or platform used to enter the Promotion.
12. An Entrant may enter the Promotion a maximum of one (1) times per day
during the Promotion Period, provided that each answer to the Entry
Question is unique.
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
3 of 8
13. Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the
Promotion Period. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by
the Promoter, not the time of transmission by the Entrant. The Promoter takes no
responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in
any telecommunications services or equipment.
14. Entry via the Website is free. However, any costs associated with accessing the
Website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent
on the internet service provider used.
15. Entrants must make their Website entries manually using an internet browser.
The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the entry
has been made using automated entry means or by use of a computer entry
16. Should an Entrant’s contact details change at any time between the date on
which they enter the Promotion and the Unclaimed Prize Determination Date, that
Entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
17. All entries to the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An
Entrant must, within seven (7) days of being asked, at the Promoter’s cost:
a) allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any other documents the
Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter the Promotion,
including but not limited to evidence of age, residence and/or identity.
18. The Promoter may decide in its sole discretion which documents are considered
suitable for establishing eligibility to enter or win. In the event that the Winner
cannot provide suitable proof of eligibility, they will forfeit the Prize in whole and
no substitute or compensation will be offered.
19. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by
proxy, will be invalid.
20. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by
an Entrant to be invalid if the Entrant:
a) fails to establish their entitlement to win the Promotion to the Promoter’s
b) fails to produce items as required by clause 17 or produces items that
appear to be illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete
or tampered with in any way; or
c) appears, to the Promoter, to have tampered with, or benefited from
tampering with, the entry process; or
d) has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and
21. An Entrant’s response (including any images and videos) (the “Entry Material”)
must be the Entrant’s original work and must not infringe the copyright, moral
rights, trademark rights or any other rights of any third party. Each Entrant
warrants that all Entry Material is their own original work and is not copied in any
manner from any other work or works;
22. Entrants retain all ownership in their Entry Material. However, by submitting their
Entry Material, Entrants hereby grant the Promoter an irrevocable, non-exclusive,
worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use,
reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display the Entry Material
for the purposes of conducting and promoting this Promotion, awarding the Prize
and advertising and marketing the Promoter or the Promotion on all media now
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
4 of 8
known or later devised, in perpetuity.
23. By entering the Promotion, Entrants consent to any use of their Entry material by
the Promoter which may otherwise infringe an Entrant’s moral rights in the Entry
Material, including (without limitation);
a) Exercising any of the rights in the Entry Material without identifying the
b) Using the Entry Material in any way that the Promoter sees fit, even if it
results in derogatory treatment of the Entry Material (as defined in the
Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).
24. Each Entrant warrants that;
a) he/she has the full power and capacity to grant the rights, warranties and
consents set out in these Terms and Conditions;
b) he/she will fully indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage suffered
by the Promoter:
i. in the event that any of the warranties given by the Entrant are false;
ii. as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the
c) they have consent from each person appearing in the Entry Material (or if a
person appearing in the Entry Material is under the age of 18, from that
person’s parent or guardian).
25. There will be one (1) Winner determined from all entries received during the
Promotion Period. The Winner will receive the Prize.
26. The Winner will be determined on the Determination Date by the Promoter at 5
Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW 2113. The Winner will be the Entrant who,
in the sole opinion of the judges, has most creatively answered the Entry
27. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Winner will be notified by phone/email within two (2) days of the
29. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize is:
a) not claimed by the Winner by 9:00hrs on the Unclaimed Prize
Determination Date; or
b) forfeited for any reason,
the Prize will be awarded to another Entrant in an unclaimed prize determination
(the “Unclaimed Prize Determination”), which will take place at 10:00hrs on the
Unclaimed Prize Determination Date and will be conducted by the Promoter at 5
Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW 2113. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize
Determination will be notified by phone/email within two (2) days of the
Unclaimed Prize Determination Date.
30. The Prize is as follows:
return economy flights for the Winner and one (1) guest from the
Australian capital city closest to the Winner’s primary residence to San
Diego Airport, valued at a maximum of $5,200.00;
six (6) nights’ accommodation for the Winner and one (1) guest in San
Diego at a minimum 3 star hotel (selected at the Promoter’s discretion)
(the Hotel), valued at a maximum $4100.00;
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
5 of 8
private return transfers between the San Diego Airport and the Hotel for
the Winner and one (1) guest, valued at a maximum of $600.00;
two (2) tickets for the Winner and one (1) Guest to four (4) days at Comi-
con International: San Diego 2018 (including preview night) from 18-22
July 2018, valued at a maximum $700.00; and
$1,000.00 spending money for the Winner.
THE TOTAL PRIZE POOL FOR THIS PROMOTION IS VALUED AT A MAXIMUM
31. All Prize values are correct as at 26 September 2017 and are reflective of the
recommended retail price and are in Australian dollars. The Promoter takes no
responsibility for any variations in the Prize values.
32. If the Prize or any part of the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter
will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser
retail value and/or specification. The Promoter accepts no other liability or
responsibility for any loss incurred by the Winner or any other party if the Prize or
any part of the Prize is unavailable for any reason.
33. The Prize cannot be refunded or exchanged and, except as expressly permitted
by these Terms and Conditions, cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
34. The Prize may be transferred at the Promoter’s sole discretion. In the event that
the Promoter exercises its discretion to allow the Winner to transfer the Prize, the
transfer will be on the condition that the transferee accepts all terms and
conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions and the Promoter may require
such acceptance in writing at its absolute discretion.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a Winner to take part in an
aspect of a Prize, if the Promoter determines, based on the advice of an
appropriate and relevant medical professional, that a Winner is not in the mental
or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in that aspect
36. The Winner is advised that tax implications may arise from them winning the
Prize and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the
37. If the Determination Date or Unclaimed Prize Determination Date is a public
holiday, the determination will be conducted on the following business day.
38. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special
39. The Prize will be awarded to the person named in the winning entry.
40. The Prize will be awarded to the Winner in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
41. Unless expressly stated, all costs and expenses associated with taking the Prize
become the responsibility of the Winner and their guest, including:
a) additional taxes (excluding departure and any other flight-associated
taxes, where flights are included in the Prize);
b) costs associated with inoculations, passports and/or visa applications;
d) travel insurance;
e) spending money;
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
6 of 8
g) transport to/from an airport departure or return point;
h) any extra sightseeing or activities; and
i) all other incidental and ancillary costs incurred by the Winner and/or their
guest as a direct or indirect result of taking the Prize.
42. The Winner and their guest, must ensure that they have valid documentation for
travel, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the
requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every
destination. The Winner and their guest must apply for an Electronic System for
Travel Authorisation permit (ESTA) at least 72 hours prior to their departure from
Australia. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of
such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole
responsibility of the Winner and their guest. If the Winner or their guest are
refused entry to the United States of America for any reason or prior to their
departure from Australia are not granted an ESTA, they will forfeit the Prize and
no compensation or substitute will be offered.
43. The Winner and their guest is responsible for any amendment fees issued by
airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed.
44. All aspects of the Prize must be taken together as a package. The Prize must be
taken on 17 – 24 July, 2018. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the
Winner does not take the Prize or an element of the Prize at the time stipulated
by the Promoter, the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the
45. Airline tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and
are subject to seasonal embargoes. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted
depending on the airlines’ departure city and their current flight schedule.
46. Frequent Flyer points are not available for any of the flights included in the Prize.
47. Airline tickets included in the Prize cannot be used as part-payment of another
48. If the Winner and/or their guest determine that travel insurance is required, they
will be responsible for arranging and paying for such travel insurance.
49. The Winner and their guest must travel at the same time, including flights and
accommodation. The Winner and their guest must depart from and return to the
same capital city airport in Australia, being the capital city airport that is closest to
the Winner’s place of residence. The Winner and their guest are responsible for
transport to and from their residence to the Winner’s nearest capital city airport.
50. The accommodation will be one (1) room to be shared by the Winner and their
51. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the Winner and/or
their guest at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
52. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety conditions or any other
conditions that may exist at any destination.
53. By entering the Promotion, the Winner and their guest agree that:
a) if requested by the Promoter, the Winner and their guest will:
i. provide comments about the Promotion and/or a photograph or
audio-visual clip of themselves; and
ii. participate in a promotional shoot in connection with the Promotion;
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
7 of 8
b) the Promoter may use their name, image, comments, photographs or clips
(“Materials”) for publicity and promotional purposes in any form of media,
without reference or compensation to the Winner and their guest/s or any
c) the Promoter may use, reproduce, edit and communicate to the public the
Materials at any time in any form of media;
d) the Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the
Materials to others to do the same; and
e) the Winner and their guest/s unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any
act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the
Materials and waive all moral rights in the Materials that arise outside
54. Unless expressly stated all other costs and expenses associated with taking the
Prize become the responsibility of the Winner.
55. The Prize may not, without the prior written consent of the Supplier and the
Promoter, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line
auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes
(including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for
other goods or services. If the Prize is sold or used in breach of this condition, the
Promoter or the Supplier may, at their absolute discretion, withdraw the Prize.
Where a ticket has been withdrawn in accordance with this clause, no refund,
substitute or compensation will be offered and the Winner and any person who
has purchased or otherwise bears that ticket will be refused entry.
56. The Promoter reserves the right to take any action necessary in its sole discretion
at any time.
57. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Relevant Parties will not be liable for
any loss, damage, claim, cost, expense or personal injury suffered or sustained
(including, but not limited to, that caused by any person’s negligence) by any
Entrant in connection with the Promotion or the Prize, including:
a) any indirect, economic or consequential loss or loss of profits;
b) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and
c) any liability for personal injury or death.
58. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including,
without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering,
unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond
the control of the Promoter that corrupt or affect the administration, security,
fairness or integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves
the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the
entry process or take any other action, including to cancel, terminate, modify, or
suspend the Promotion.
59. The Winner acknowledges that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and
conditions imposed by third parties. The Winner must become acquainted with
any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the Prize. The Promoter
does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions
imposed on the taking of the Prize, or for the breach of those conditions by any
60. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not
Foxtel Management Pty Ltd
8 of 8
a) any problems or technical malfunction with any telephone network or lines,
computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or
software, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer
system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not
limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s
property related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion;
b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused either by users, by any of
the equipment or programming associated with or used in connection with
the Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the
c) any error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or
transmission; communications line failure; theft; or destruction or
unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or Entrants’ details.
61. Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website
associated with this Promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate
operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The
Promoter reserves the right to seek damages in the fullest extent permitted by
law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt
results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
62. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales. The
Promoter and all Entrants irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of
New South Wales.
63. These rules are Terms and Conditions and constitute the entire terms and
conditions between the Entrant and the Promoter with respect to the Promotion.
The Promoter may alter, modify, or amend these Terms and Conditions at its sole
discretion and will only provide Entrants with notice of substantial amendments.
64. Except for the ‘Entry Material, all entries become the property of the Promoter.
65. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act
1988. Entrants’ personal information will be collected, used and disclosed as set
out in the Foxtel Competition Privacy Notice for this Promotion (at