Flooring Xtra – Fix My Ugly Floor 2018 – Win 1 of 2 Dream Flooring Makeovers valued at $5,000 each
“FIX MY UGLY FLOOR 2018 – WIN one of two $5,000 Dream Flooring Makeovers”
TERMS, CONDITIONS & ELIGIBILITY:
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions
2. Participation in the promotion is considered acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
3. These Terms and Conditions are available, in full at www.flooringxtra.com.au
4. The promotion commences 01/02/2018 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 31/03/2018 (“Promotional
5. This promotion is only open to Australian residents.
6. Winners must be 18 years or older at the time of the entry.
7. Only domestic residences qualify for the prize. Domestic residences are defined as homes, flats,
town houses and apartments. The domestic residence must be anywhere within Australia only.
8. The entrants must own the domestic residence for which the submission has been made and it is
considered an owner-occupied dwelling. Rental properties are not eligible for the promotion.
9. Eligibility does not extend to:
a) Employees, employee’s immediate families or directors of Flooring Xtra Pty Ltd and associated entities, and
b) Employees, employee’s immediate families or directors of Flooring Xtra franchisees, and
c) Flooring installation contractors contracted by Flooring Xtra group companies and
franchisees, nor their immediate family members, and
d) The term “immediate family members” includes spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto-spouse, child
or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-
grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother or step-sister.
10. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
11. Flooring Xtra reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, age, place and ownership of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the discretion of Flooring Xtra. Failure by Flooring Xtra to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable or inappropriate entries will be deemed invalid.
13. Entries will be displayed on our competition website page along with the photo caption. All other details such as first name, last name, email address, phone number, suburb and state will only be
used by the Flooring Xtra marketing department to contact entrants as required.
14. The 2 winners of the promotion will be determined on 12/4/2018. All entries must be in by 11.59pm
AEST on 31/03/2018. When the competition is closed the 2 winners will be chosen by James Treble
and will be announced on 12/04/2018.
15. The winners will be notified by telephone and in writing within two business days of 12/04/2018 and
be published on Flooring Xtra’s website, Instagram and Facebook pages.
16. If a winner does not meet the terms and conditions, is unreachable after 7 days, or if that winner is
unavailable for prize fulfilment, their prize will not be awarded and an alternate winner will be
17. The promotional prize is two (2) $5,000 (inclusive of GST) flooring makeovers to go towards the area
specified by the entry. The winner can select product from a list of approved suppliers/products
that Flooring Xtra will provide the winner. The prize awarded is not redeemable for cash value or
any other cash in lieu method.
18. Each of the $5,000 flooring prizes can be comprised of:
a) Entirely of product (flooring) (up to $5,000 inclusive of GST at RRP)
b) A combination of product (flooring) and Installation of that flooring (up to $5,000 inclusive
of GST at RRP combined)
19. If the supply and installation of the specified area is below $5,000 the remaining balance can be put
towards new flooring for other areas in the domestic dwelling until the maximum of $5,000 is
reached. Alternatively, the remaining balance can be forfeited.
20. If the supply and installation of the specified area is above $5,000 the balance must be paid by the
winning entrant prior to the commencement of the installation.
21. Winners may waive their right to receive the prize. The Prize is non-assignable and non-
transferable. No substitution will be allowed.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably
anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, Flooring Xtra reserves the right, in its sole discretion to (a) disqualify an entrant, or (b) terminate the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Flooring Xtra will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected entries or the failure to receive entries of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with the sender or receiver of the entries.
24. All entrants and winners consent to Flooring Xtra using their name, backstory, images of themselves, images submitted for the promotion and any other before and after images of the domestic dwelling. This can be in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products/ services provided by Flooring Xtra.
25. The winner consents to Flooring Xtra accessing the property to capture before and after photos to show the transformation. These photos will also be subject to the above clause (23).
26. To enter visit http://www.flooringxtra.com.au/fix-my-ugly-floor-competition/, fully complete the official entry form, including all of the requested details as prompted and submit.
27. The specified area of the winning entries must be able to be viewed by Flooring Xtra representatives for validation for before/ after pictures.
28. The prize is only valid for the domestic residences for which the submission was made.
29. The flooring is expected to be fully installed by Flooring Xtra on or before 30 June 2018.
30. The term ‘ugly’ is subjective and the winning entrant will be the ‘ugliest’ as per the judges opinion.
They may exercise their right to get public or a guest judge’s opinion on who the winner should be and take that into consideration, but this does not waive their right to make the final decision.