Fitness Australia – Win 2 Business Gold Passes to FILEX 2018 in Sydney PLUS 3-night accommodation
Terms and Conditions: FILEX Competition
1. “The Promoter” of this event is Fitness Australia.
2. Instructions on how to enter this competition form part of the conditions of entry. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
3. Entry is open to current members and registrants of Fitness Australia who have an account on Facebook, enabling them to submit an entry in accordance with clause 4 below. Fitness Australia Employees, Board and Council Members and their immediate families , its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”) and venues/outlets associated with this competition are not eligible to enter.
4. The competition commences online at 8:00 am AEDT on Monday 5 February 2018 and closes at 5:00 pm AEDT on Sunday 25 February 2018 (“Promotional Period”). All online entries must be received by 5:00 pm AEDT on Sunday 25 February 2018.
How to Enter
5. To enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period: a. log into their Facebook account; b. go to the Fitness Australia Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/wearefitnessaustralia/) and c. in a public comment, respond to the competition post by telling us in 25 words or less what you’re most looking forward to at FILEX this year, and tag the friend you’d take with you if you won the prize.
Conditions of Entry
6. The Competition must be entered by submitting an entry at Fitness Australia Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/wearefitnessaustralia/). The entry must fulfil all competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
7. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Promoter.
8. By submitting an entry, entrants warrant to the Promoter that: a. their entry complies with the Submission Criteria; b. they own all of the rights to the entry; and c. their story has not been entered into previous competitions, or won awards in the past or been published previously in any medium.
9. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry, including their story, is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Further, entrants agree that ownership of any intellectual property rights in their entry, is assigned to the Promoter without the payment of any further fee or compensation.
10. Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter may use their entry, during the Promotional Period and afterwards, in any manner the Promoter sees fit including to encourage others to enter the competition on Facebook.
11. Entrants acknowledge that any use of their entry by the Promoter during the Promotional Period does not constitute endorsement of their entry or guarantee that their entry will be shortlisted or will win a prize.
12. Entrants agree to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded their prize. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry. Entrants warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
13. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the story they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such story, to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any story from its websites without notice for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting any other terms and conditions contained herein, entrants agree to indemnify and hold the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees, harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against the Promoter, its affiliates or sub-licensees, due to or arising out of the story submitted by an entrant or the Promoter’s use thereof, or an entrant’s conduct in connection with this promotion.
14. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant whom the promoter believes either has tampered with the entry process, or has submitted an entry otherwise than in accordance with these conditions of entry.
15. Entries (“Submissions”) must:
a. Be original works and not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party;
b. Be in English;
c. Not contain material that is, or that is deemed by the Promoter to be: i. unlawful or fraudulent; ii. in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights; iii. offensive, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, indecent, profane, abusive, harassing or threatening; iv. objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender; v. otherwise unsuitable for publication or display in Australia in any media.
d. Not contain or refer to any logos, names, trademarks or images of fitness products or services products, except for Fitness Australia or FILEX;
e. Not contain any copyrighted works except those owned by the entrant and which the entrant has the right to use and assign ownership in to the Promoter (including copyrighted video, music, artwork or text) such that any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the entry may be assigned to the Promoter in accordance with the terms and conditions.
f. Not contain any elements, including without limitation, music, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, images, video, supers, or any other material, unless it is entirely original, created by the entrant or a third party that has agreed to appear in the Submission, or have their material featured in the Submission in accordance with the terms and conditions, and to assign their ownership in their appearance or material to the Promoter without the payment of any fee or compensation;
g. Not contain any viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or animal;
h. Comply with all relevant laws and regulations (including those relating to copyright, advertising, defamation, privacy, publicity and computer use); the Australian Association of National Advertisers Code of Ethics, and any other relevant Australian Association of National Advertiser Codes (available at http://www.aana.com.au/codes.html).
Promotional Period and Judging
16. All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be reviewed by a panel of judges from the Promoter. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creativity (“Judging Criteria”).
17. The entry deemed to be the most original and creative by the judging panel will be selected as the winning entry.
18. The Winner of the Competition will receive two (2) Business Gold Passes (value $1320 per ticket) OR PT Gold Passes (value $1115 per ticket) to FILEX 2018 in Sydney, plus three (3) nights’ accommodation for two (2) people in a twin / double room at the Novotel Sydney at Darling Harbour (value $339 per night). Total value $3657 (Business passes) or $3247 (PT passes).
19. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. Any and all prize-related expenses, including food and transfers, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
20. The stated prize value is the recommended retail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize prior to acceptance by the winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Notification of winner and verification of entrant
21. The winner will be notified via a post on the Fitness Australia Facebook page, found at https://www.facebook.com/wearefitnessaustralia/ and a private message within the first 5 business days after the Promotion Period. The Promoter will request that the winner send the Promoter a private message with their name, email, phone and postal address for prize delivery.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of identity, residential address and any other information from entrants or voters relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or voter who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in, or benefits from in, any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with this promotion.
24. If a winner does not claim the prize by 5pm AEDT, 8th March 2018, or is otherwise disqualified from the competition, the Promoter may assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry in the competition, or withdraw the prize (subject to the direction of any relevant lottery authority), and the winner will forfeit any and all rights in and to the prizes.
25. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or other communications. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches or viruses. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their sole discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
27. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any harm, illness, allergic reactions, or injuries caused by the use of the prize.
28. If any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
29. Any costs associated with entering the competition and accessing the Fitness Australia Facebook page are the responsibility of the entrant.
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their full name, as represented on their Facebook profile in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
32. The Promoter may post any entry to the Fitness Australia Facebook page to encourage ongoing entries. The Promoter may also use any entrant’s story in other social media mediums or on marketing collateral (digital or print). 33. Each entrant acknowledges that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In participating in this promotion entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this promotion.