First Moments Custom Print Designs – Will Receive One Personalised A4 Name Print In Any Word
Tropical Weddings Port Douglas, ‘Win a Romantic Getaway to Port Douglas & the Daintree’
Competition – July 2019 Competition T&Cs
1. This competition is a promotion run by Port Douglas Daintree Tourism Ltd of ABN 35 121 516 916
of 8/40 Macrossan Street, Port Douglas, QLD 4877 (“Promoter”).
2. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of these terms and conditions of entry
(“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this
competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. Entry is open to all Australian residents over the age of 18 years only. Employees of the Promoter
and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
4. Entry to the competition is available by registering for the ‘Win a Romantic Getaway to Port
Douglas & the Daintree!’ campaign via the entry form on the Tropical Weddings Port Douglas
website at https://www.weddingsportdouglas.com.au/.
5. Entrants will be asked to answer the following: ‘In 25 words or less, tell us why Port Douglas and
the Daintree is the perfect place for a tropical romantic getaway’. Entry into the competition is
limited to one entry per person. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the
winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must
be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party
rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any
6. When entering the competition, entrants will be required to provide their name, email address,
telephone number and postcode.
7. The competition commences at 11.00am on Wednesday 3rd July 2019. Entry closes at 11.59pm
Wednesday 17th July 2019. The competition winner will be selected on Friday 19th July 2019 at the
Port Douglas Daintree Tourism office, 8/40 Macrossan Street, Port Douglas Qld, 4877.
8. The winner (1) will be contacted by phone and/or email by Monday 22nd
July 2019. The winner will
be announced by the Promoter on relevant social media channels including Facebook and Instagram.
Details of the winner may also be published in press releases.
9. The winner has four weeks (28 days) from point of first contact to contact the Tourism Port
Douglas Daintree office to claim prize.
10. In the event that a redraw is required it will be held on Tuesday 20th
August 2019 at the Tourism
Port Douglas Daintree office, 8/40 Macrossan Street, Port Douglas Qld, 4877.
11. Incomplete entries will be ineligible.
12. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or
13. The promoter takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted, stored or
uploaded by an entrant or any third party for any loss or damage, mistakes, defamation, slander,
libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, profanity or pornography encountered on Win a Port Douglas
Romantic Getaway campaign website.
14. Any costs associated with accessing the Tropical Weddings Port Douglas website and campaign
landing page is the entrant’s responsibility and are dependent on the Internet service provider used.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserve the right to disqualify
any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in
accordance with these Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any entry by automated
process or by unreasonable means of any sort in its sole discretion and thereby reject any associated
entry into the competition.
16. There will be one winner chosen by two representatives of Tropical Weddings Port Douglas. The
Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17.The winner will receive: two (2) nights’ accommodation at Paradise Links Resort, Port Douglas,
including breakfast hamper and bubbles valued at $575.00; one (1) nights’ accommodation at Cape
Trib Beach House staying in a St. Crispin’s Cabin valued at $255.00; Kuranda Skyrail and Scenic Tour
for two (2) with Down Under Tours valued at $366.00; a Bally Hooley 3 in 1 tour for 2 (two) valued at
$150.00; Breakfast (and photo) with the koalas at Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures valued at $180.00;
pre-dinner drinks and canapés at a secret rainforest location with Port Douglas Weddings and Hire
valued at $800.00; a couple’s photoshoot with Port Douglas Weddings valued at $440.00;
18. The total prize value is two thousand, seven hundred and sixty-six dollars ($AUD2,766.00) and is
based on the recommended retail value of the Prizes as provided by the suppliers and is in
Australian Dollars. The Prize is subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and may not
be taken as cash or for any other consideration. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any
variation in the value of the Prize or any portion between the date of publication of these Conditions
of Entry and the date the Prize is used by the winner. Prize components may alter at the discretion
of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute with an alternative Prize or
component of equal or greater value.
19. The Prize must be taken before 31 March 2020 and Prizes must be used within this timeframe.
Prizes are ineligible for use after this timeframe. The Prizes are for the winner plus one person of
their choice. Block out dates including, but not limited to, all Australian school holidays, apply for
when the prize may be taken and is at the discretion of the companies providing the various prize
20. The Promoter will post or email the prize vouchers to the winner of the competition, who is then
responsible for booking prizes.
21. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason including,
but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud,
technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of any of the Promoters, which corrupts or
affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the
Promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion to take any action that may be available including
cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of the competition.
22. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone
network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software,
technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or on any web site, or any combination
thereof, including but not limited to any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s
computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials relating to this
23. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered including,
but not limited, to indirect or consequential loss or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained,
as a result of taking or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
24. The information that entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of
conducting the competition, and of periodically providing entrants with marketing information
about the Promoter products and services. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use
of their contact details for the purposes described in this clause. The Promoter will not disclose
entrant’s personal information to related entities or other appropriate third parties.
25. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or
merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the
Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission,
deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the
arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner
and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner.
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with