Family Parks Ltd-Australia Zoo – Win a New Age Wayfinder Camper (prize valued at $37,990)
WINTER HOLIDAY NEW AGE WAYFINDER CAMPER GIVEAWAY
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering the Winter Holiday New Age Wayfinder Camper Giveaway (the “Competition”), you are
agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Information on how to enter and the Prize form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entrants must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand and aged 18
years of age or over at the date of entry. Patrons under the age of 18 years must have their
entry submitted by a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with the
Competition are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse,
ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent,
stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister,
stepbrother, step-sister or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
4. The Competition commences on Friday, 1 June 2018 at 09.00 (AEST) and concludes on
Monday, 23 July 2018 at 23.59 (AEST) (the “Competition Period”). Entries can be submitted
via the giveaway entry page up to Wednesday, 25 July 2018 at 23.59 (AEST)
5. To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the following steps:
a. Receive an Entry Ticket with a unique code (“Unique Code”) by:
i. checking in at a Family Parks member park in Australia or New Zealand; or
ii. entering Australia Zoo at 1638 Steve Irwin Way, Beerwah QLD 4519 via
paid/pre-paid entry or annual pass (contra/fundraising passes are not
eligible for an Entry Ticket); or
iii. spending $40.00 AUD on Travel Rewards membership at a participating
Family Parks member park in Australia, or $40.00 NZD on Travel Rewards
membership at a participating Family Parks member park in New Zealand; or
iv. spending $40.00 AUD in one transaction at any of Australia Zoo’s food
outlets, retail shops or Fujifilm Photo Lab (transactions for animal
encounters, tours and online retail shop are not eligible).
b. Go to www.australiazoo.com.au/giveaway and fill out the competition form by
registering their first name, last name, date of birth, contact number, email address,
address, Unique Code from the entry ticket and describing in 25 words or less: “If
you worked for a day at Australia Zoo, what would you want to do?” The Unique
Code will become invalid after one use.
6. The entry must be:
a. the original, independent creation of the entrant that has not previously been
published in any form in any country in the world; and
b. free from any claims, including copyright or trademark claims by other parties.
Entries that are found to have been derived from another person’s work in any country in
the world will be considered invalid and, if that entrant is awarded the Prize, the Prize must
be returned to the Promoter. The Winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration
regarding the originality of the entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry
it believes breaches any of these conditions.
7. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s
responsibility to notify the Promoter. Australia Zoo shall receive entrant communications on
behalf of the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry
should be directed to Australia Zoo in writing by:
a. Email with the subject line ‘New Age Wayfinder Camper Giveaway – Marketing
Department’ to email@example.com
b. Fax with ‘Attn: New Age Wayfinder Camper Giveaway – Marketing Department’ to
+61 7 5494 8604
c. Post with ‘Attn: New Age Wayfinder Camper Giveaway – Marketing Department’ to
Australia Zoo, 1638 Steve Irwin Way, Beerwah QLD 4519, Australia
In the request the following information must be included: first name, last name, date of
birth, contact number, email address, address and Unique Code used in the entry.
8. By submitting an entry to the Competition, each entrant assigns all rights in the entry to the
Promoter and Sponsor and consents to the Promoter and Sponsor using the entry in any
manner (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or
modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the
entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry each entrant
consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the
entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content
to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also
allow third parties to do these things.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these
Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibly for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entries will be
deemed void if forged, tampered with, damaged or lost.
1. The prize package (the “Prize”) consists of a New Age Wayfinder Camper Model WF12F
valued at $37,990 AUD and includes all on road costs. All optional extras and accessories,
insurance, petrol, personal costs and all other ancillary or related costs not expressly stated
do not form part of the Prize and are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The prize will be
collected from 1638 Steve Irwin Way, Beerwah QLD 4519 at an arranged time and date not
prior to Monday, 13 August 2018. Ownership transfer documents for the New Age
Wayfinder Camper may have to be signed in person at New Age Sunshine Coast prior to
collection of the prize. If the winner of the major prize does not have a valid Australian
Driver’s License it can be transferred to a nominated family member at the approval of the
Promoter. Neither the Promoter nor the Sponsors are liable for any costs associated with
the Winner travelling to collect the Prize or transporting the Prize upon collection.
2. The Prize is non-refundable and not redeemable for cash. If the Prize is or becomes
unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute all or any part
thereof with a product or prize of equal value. All decisions are final and no correspondence
will be entered into.
3. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of
use of the Prize of the Sponsor. No compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to
use the Prize as the Sponsor states.
4. There is one (1) winner (the “Winner”) over the Competition Period.
5. The Winner will be selected by a panel of judges from Australia Zoo and Family Parks. The
Winner will be chosen within fourteen (14) days of the close of the Competition Period.
6. The Winner will be the entrant whose description in 25 words or less: “If you worked for a
day at Australia Zoo, what would you want to do?” is judged to be the most creative and
original and who satisfies the eligibility requirements as set out in these Terms and
Conditions. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winner. Each
entry received during the Competition Period will be judged based on its merits.
7. The Winner will be notified via phone or email and announced on the Australia Zoo website
and Family Parks Facebook page.
8. The Promoter will attempt to contact the Winner three (3) times over a seven (7) day period
via the nominated contact number or email address. The Winner has five (5) days from the
last contact to respond to the Promoter. If the Promoter has not received a response by the
end of this time the Winner forfeits the Prize in its entirety and, at the discretion of the
Promoter, the Prize may be awarded to the next runner up in the Competition.
9. The Winner’s Entry Ticket must be presented by the Winner to the Promoter in order to
collect the Prize.
10. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Winner may be required to sign legal
documentation in the form required by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, including but
not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
11. In the event that the Winner does not accept the Prize it may, at the discretion of the
Promoter, be awarded to the next runner up in the Competition. This may take place at any
time from 27 August 2018. The runner up will be notified via phone or email.
12. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Sponsor in their absolute discretion using their name,
likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the Winner (including photograph, film
and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration
for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any
products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and Sponsor.
13. The judging panel’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence
regarding the result.
14. The winning entry will not be published in any form.
15. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition
and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar
consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable
Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-
Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and
agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or
damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of the Competition.
16. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any
loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the
b. any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether
or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e. any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
f. use/taking of a prize (independent financial advice should be sought as tax
implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize).
17. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to
disqualify any entrant; or subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
PROMOTER & SPONSOR’S DETAILS
18. The Promoter is Family Parks Ltd (ABN 33 137 903 229).
19. The Sponsor is New Age Caravans Pty Ltd (ACN 112877139) and Australia Zoo Operations Pty
Ltd (ABN 20 653 279 306).