Fairfax Media – Canberra Good Food Month – Win a prize package valued at $1,000
Canberra Good Food Month 2018 | Post Event Survey Terms & Conditions
Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed
acceptance of these terms and conditions. This is a game of chance.
1. Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or over. However,
employees and their immediate families of Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited and their
associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
2. The entries commence on Thursday, 15 March 2018 at 9:00am (AEST) and conclude on
Tuesday, 3 April, 2018 at 23:59 (AESDT).
3. The competition will be advertised through a Post Event Survey eDM distributed via email.
4. To enter, participants must: a. Enter the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cgfm18
5. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
6. Entrants in the competition may enter only once per person.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity proof of
residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to
claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification
is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable
proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry
which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially
insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with
the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and
conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in
entering the competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging
to the goodwill or reputation of the competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter
reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the
9. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AESDT) on Tuesday, 3 April 2018.The Promoter accepts
no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or
delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other
reason. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be deemed
10. Winners will receive one of the following prizes: 1 x 1 night stay at a local Canberra hotel and
a $200 Restaurant Voucher, or a (1) signed copy of ‘White Heat’ by Marco Pierre White and a
case (1) of Chardonnay wine, or a case (1) of Cabernet Sauvignon wine (valued at $150) , or a
case (1) case of beer (valued at $50)
11. Total prize value is up to $1000 (including GST). Anything spent over this amount is at the
cost of the winner.
12. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash and the prize ticket must be
taken as offered and cannot be sold, battered or exchanged for cash. The prize cannot be
used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
13. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects
of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in
the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a
condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a
form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
15. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for
prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
16. The winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Fairfax Media
Publications Pty Limited or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever
throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
17. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize
at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the
winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
18. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive
of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and
the ultimate prize redemption date.
19. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the competition
period will be entered into the competition. The judging of the entries will commence 12
noon on Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 at Fairfax Media, 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW
2009 and a winner will be picked based on their response to the competition question. The
winner will be notified by email within seven days of the judging completion.
20. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the
following business day.
21. The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, the prize
will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry.
22. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the competition period, it is the entrant’s
responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information
provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
23. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence
regarding the competition result.
24. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of
use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
25. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or
significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and
in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to
vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war,
act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and
recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions
given under State Regulation.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered
(including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury
suffered or sustained in connection with any prize except for any liability which cannot be
excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate
information, either caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or
utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may
occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or
satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of
27. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any
unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct
of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation
from such an offender are reserved.
28. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, and their associated agencies and companies assume
no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or
transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or
alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
29. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the
Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers
with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate,
modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State
30. The entrant’s personal information will be used for the purpose of determining the winner
by Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot
participate in the competition.
31. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments
and the winner’s name published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For
purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the
winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information
should be directed to the Promoter.
32. The Promoter is Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, (ABN: 33 003 357 720) of 1 Darling
Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009.