Expedia Australia – Next Big Idea Giveaway – Win a future travel credit for up to $2,000 AUD in booking value toward Australian domestic travel as available at Wotif.com
Official Rules for Wotif’s ‘Next Big Idea Giveaway’ Competition (“Competition”)
This is a Game of Chance Competition. Information on how to enter, the prizes and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Competition. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein. In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Competition.
1. Promoter: The promoter of this Competition is Expedia Australia Pty Limited ABN 12 101 694 946 of Level 17, No. 1 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000, phone 02 8016 4200 (”Expedia”) and the Sponsor of this Competition is Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, Washington 98004 USA.
2. Eligibility: The Competition is open only to legal residents of Australia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the date of entry and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Employees of the Promoter or Sponsor, their subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers and advertising/promotion agencies as well as their respective immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members (whether or not related) of those employees are not eligible to enter.
3. Competition Period: The Competition Period begins at 6:00am AEST Tuesday, 25 September 2018 and ends at 11:59am AEDT Tuesday, 9 October 2018. Entries submitted before or after the Competition Period will not be eligible. Promoter’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Competition.
4. How to Enter: This Competition is a game of chance. To enter the Competition, you must, at any time during the Competition Period:
Visit www.wotif.com/nextbigthing and from the selections provided, vote for one of the “Next Big Ideas” you want to see brought to life;
Once you have voted, enter your Name and valid Email address; and
Submit the online entry form to receive one (1) entry in the Competition, (your “Entry”).
Each entrant will be deemed to be the individual whose valid Email address is included on the online entry form. All Entries must be received by the close of the Competition Period to be eligible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit an Entry via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
Limit: There is a limit of one (1) Entry in total per valid email address during the Competition Period. Additional entries will not be acknowledged. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If you attempt to obtain entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Competition. Participation is subject to Sponsor’s Terms of Service, https://www.wotif.com/p/info-other/legal.htm. When you enter, you are providing information to Sponsor. Entries received from any person or Email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries; all of which will be void.
5. Winner Selection: All valid Entries received in total during the Competition Period as at the end of that Competition Period will be entered into a random manual draw. The draw will take place at 12:00 pm AEDT, at Gadens Lawyers, Level 25, 600 Bourke Street VIC 3000, Australia on Monday, 15 October 2018.
The first valid Entry randomly drawn will be deemed the winning Entry. The person whose Email is listed on the winning Entry will be deemed the winner of the Prize and will win the prize described in paragraph 7 below.
Additional reserve Entries may be drawn and recorded in order, in case the winning Entry/entrant is deemed void, or a prize is unclaimed (“Reserve Entrants”).
Prize winner will be notified by email using the contact details provided in connection with the Entry within two (2) days of the relevant draw, and published in accordance with paragraph 13 below.
6. Potential Winner Requirements: The potential winner may be required to submit to the Promoter and Sponsor their first name, last name, age, email address, and any other details or documents requested by the Promoter or Sponsor in order to redeem the Competition prize. If you don’t produce the requested details or documentation for all Entries when asked, the Promoter may disqualify your Entries and you will lose any right to the Prize. A Prize winner must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a prize being awarded and adhere to all directions provided by the Promoter.
7. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a prize of a future travel credit for up to $2,000 AUD in booking value toward Australian domestic travel of their choice, as available at Wotif.com (the “Prize”).
Sponsor will work with winner to book their travel. The future travel credit can only be used on one (1) booking up to the value of $2000 AUD. Any prize value remaining after making a qualifying booking costing less than $2,000 is not redeemable. Winner will be responsible for any booking amount in excess of $2000. Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer.
Spending money, meals, beverages, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers other than to/from destination airport, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, any costs associated with luggage, tours and excursions, hotel incidentals, souvenirs, gratuities and all other ancillary costs are not included. Guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of winner and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to the issuance of travel documents. If guest is a child or legal ward of the winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward.
Prize must be taken by 31 December 2019 and must be booked by 30 June 2019. Prize is subject to booking and availability. Other blackout periods may apply. Once the Prize has been booked, any alterations or extensions must be approved in advance by the Sponsor, in its absolute discretion, and any associated costs will be the Prize winners’ responsibility. The Sponsor, its associated agencies and companies make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
It is the responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her companions to ensure that they have full and correct documentation, if required, for travel.
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize is up to $2,000 AUD.
Winner is responsible for paying all applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to ground transportation, airfare (if not included in booked travel), luggage fees, meals, beverages, hotel accommodations (if not included in booked travel), hotel incidentals, activities, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for the prize, a winner authorises Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Winners may not transfer, assign or substitute the prize except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities. Prize must be accepted as awarded. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
8. Redraws/Unclaimed Prizes: Prize winner must claim their Prize by 5.00 pm AEDT Tuesday, 16 January 2019 (“Prize Claim Date and Time”). In the event prize winner fails to claim his or her prize by the Prize Claim Date and Time or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter / Sponsor can’t contact a drawn prize winner (or a drawn prize winner does not contact the Promoter) by this Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant Entry will be void and the prize winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and will not be entitled to any supplementary prize or benefit. In this case, the Promoter will re-award the relevant prize/s to Reserve Entrants and/or carry out a redraw no later than 12.00 pm AEDT Wednesday, 17 January 2019 at the same location as the original draw and in respect of the original pool of valid Entrants received during the Competition Period. Disposal of any unclaimed prize may be made subject to any written directions given by any governmental authority and pursuant to any relevant legislation. The Promoter will notify any such potential winner within two (2) business days of the determination by email and published in accordance with paragraph 13 below.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Competition is impaired in any way, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, (a) suspend the Competition to address the impairment and then resume the Competition; or (b) award the prizes according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Competition, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. If an entrant or their Entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Official Rules, their Entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of their Entries) may be discarded. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules or any of its rights at any stage shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to the Promoter or the Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by the Promoter or the Sponsor (as applicable). The Competition is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
In the case of any act, agent or event which prevents or hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Official Rules, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion but subject to the approval of those authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of this Competition, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
All prizes awarded, and travel undertaken, in connection with the Competition are subject to the standard terms and conditions applicable to such prizes and/or travel, as notified to you at the time of booking or at the time of redeeming the prize.
The Promoter’s decisions in relation to all aspects of the Competition are final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence.
All entrants in the Competition acknowledge that: (a) the Promoter does not own or operate the website located at Wotif.com; and (b) the website is owned and operated by Expedia, Inc., a company incorporated in Washington, USA.
how to seek access to the personal information the Sponsor hold about you and seek correction of the information; and
how to complain about a privacy breach and how the Sponsor will deal with such a complaint.
A prize winner consents to the use of their name, place of residence, travel destination, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) for promotional and marketing purposes in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration. Prize winner agrees to participate in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the Promoter and the Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Competition or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information; (b) unauthorised human intervention in the Competition; (c) purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because of any transmission errors or if they are misdirected or stolen; (d) any problems, delays or technical failures of any kind, including delay in delivery of prizes, malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, computers, servers, providers, or software; (e) any errors on the Competition site that may impact may entry; (f) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (g) any variation in the Official Rules; (h) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition; (i) any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss (including economic loss) by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a prize winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a prize winner; or (j) any injury, illness, death or damage to persons or property, including to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this Competition, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law). You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Nothing in these Official Rules restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Competition using Facebook or Instagram. However, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
The Promoter and Sponsor are not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a Prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
12. Disputes: Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New South Wales, Australia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Promoter or the Sponsor in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New South Wales, Australia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of NSW or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New South Wales, Australia.
13. Results: Winner’s name (including any redraw/unclaimed prize draw winner/s) will be announced on/by 17 October 2018 and for redraw/unclaimed prize draw on/by 17 January 2019 on (or via) https://www.wotif.com/g/rf/competition-winners and displayed for a period of 28 days.
14. Permit Numbers: This Competition is authorised under: LTPS/18/27577.