Event Cinemas – Win The Minor Prize
Page 1 of 5 ” AVENGERS: ENDGAME – REPEAT VISITATION PROMOTION – MINOR PRIZE
THE GREATER UNION ORGANISATION PTY LTD
AVENGERS: ENDGAME – REPEAT VISITATION PROMOTION
EVENT CINEMAS COMPETITION – MINOR PRIZES
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry into this Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
The Promotion is open to individuals who:
i. are residents of Australia (excluding VIC & TAS);
ii. Entrants under 18 years of age have obtained their parent or guardian’s consent to enter the Promotion
on these Conditions of Entry;
iii. are not employees (or immediate family of such employees) of the Promoter, or any of its related
corporations or any of the agencies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of the prize); and
iv. Have not been discovered to have breached Conditions of Entry of previous contests run by the
An immediate family member means any of the following: spou.se, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-
child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, step- grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-
brother, step-sister or 1
3. By entering this Promotion, Eligible Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter
reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry
process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. It is condition of entry
that Eligible Participants are able to accept the prize as stated. Inability to accept a prize as stated, on the dates
indicated, will deem the participant an ineligible entrant and any prize won will be forfeited.
4. All prices stated are in Australian dollars, represent the recommended retail price (“RRP”) and include GST. All
references to times and dates are to times and dates in Sydney, which may be Australian Eastern Standard Time
(AEST) or Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (AEDT) depending on the date. All times are stated using the
5. The Promotion commences on for ticket purchases from Wednesday, 3 April 2019 at 00:01 AEDT and concludes
I. Ticket purchases on Wednesday, 29 May 2019 at 23:59 AEST (“Promotional Period”)
II. Entry submissions on Sunday, 2 June 2019 at 23:59 AEST
6. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any ineligible or lost entries or entries submitted or received
by the Promoter after the closing date. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions are
incomplete, or submitted or received by the Promoter after the closing date will be declared void.
7. The Promoter’s decision for one-hundred (100) minor prize winning entries will take place at 14:00 AEST on
Thursday, 6 June 2019 at Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited’s Head Office, at Level 13, 478 George St,
Sydney. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on every Entrant.
8. The winner of the Promotion will be notified within 2 business days of the draw, by email and phone relying on
the contact details provided by the Entrant.
9. UNCLAIMED PRIZE AWARD: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the originally awarded winners and
appoint any replacement winner of a Prize in the event that an originally awarded winner fails to comply with
these terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize by 8.01am (AEST) on Tuesday, 10 June 2019. If
Page 2 of 5 ” AVENGERS: ENDGAME – REPEAT VISITATION PROMOTION – MINOR PRIZE
a prize remains unclaimed by that date, the Promoter will announce a replacement Prize Winner at 12.01pm
(AEST) on Tuesday, 10 June 2019 at the same location as the original announcement. Disposal of any unclaimed
prize may be made subject to any written directions given by any government authority and pursuant to any
relevant legislation. An unclaimed Prize Winner will be contacted by phone or email immediately.
HOW TO ENTER
10. To enter, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
I. Be a Cinebuzz member and be subscribed to receive emails from Cinebuzz.
II. Cinebuzz members must register (sign in online or scan their card at the Box Office) for every unique
“Avengers: Endgame” film session on their Cinebuzz account purchased between the promotional period;
Wednesday, 3 April 2019 at 00:01 AEDT, till Wednesday, 29 May 2019 at 23:59 AEST.
III. Purchase two (2) tickets at a minimum (with one ticket per session & per member counted) to see any
unique session of “Avengers: Endgame” from any Event Cinema, Greater Union, BCC or GU Film House
online at www.eventcinemas.com.au or via the Event Cinemas iPhone, iPad or android application or via
mobile phones at m.eventcinemas.com.au or at the box office during the Promotion Period.
IV. Qualifying Cinebuzz Members will be sent an e-mail containing a link to the Promotion entry form within
24-48 hours after their second purchase where they will be asked to submit a 25 words or less entry that
responds to the following question: “Who is your favourite Avengers: Endgame character and why?”
Entries close Sunday, 2 June 2019 at 23:59 AEST.
V. Provide all personal information requested (full name, phone number, and postal address, booking
confirmation number and email address).
11. Any cost associated with accessing the Promotion website is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the
Internet service provider used.
12. One ticket per session counted.
13. One entry per qualified Cinebuzz membership number.
14. The prize will be awarded to the entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter’s judging panel (at its sole
discretion), is the most creative of all entries received.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & VERIFICATION
15. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, disqualify any Entrant and declare any or all entries made by an
Entrant invalid if Entrant/s:
i. Tamper with the entry process, including use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical
or electronic means that permit the Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly; or
ii. Tampers with the operation of the Promotion or web site or found to be using multiple aliases, household
addresses or email addresses; or
iii. Acts in a disruptive manner; or
iv. Fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction; or
v. Fails to produce items as required or produces items that, in the Promoter opinion, are illegible, stolen,
forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
vi. Acts in violation of these Conditions of Entry.
16. Entrants can only enter in their own name.
17. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt in the Promotion database and NOT the time of
transmission by the Entrant.
18. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, entries which are not in the required format or which contain offensive
of defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual
property rights, are not eligible to win a prize.
Page 3 of 5 ” AVENGERS: ENDGAME – REPEAT VISITATION PROMOTION – MINOR PRIZE
19. Total of One-Hundred (100) Minor Prizes will be awarded for Australia.
Minor Prize Details
100 x Avengers: Endgame Collectable Coins. Maximum valued of one coin is RRP$19.95.
The total maximum minor prize pool is $1,995 AUD including GST.
20. Prize values are accurate as at Tuesday, 2 April 2019. Neither the Promoter nor the prize suppliers accept
responsibility for any change in prize value. The winners are not entitled to receive any money from any party if
there is a difference between the maximum prize value and the actual prize value at the time of the draw.
21. Prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as
22. Prizes are subject to availability. If the Promotion is cancelled no compensation will be offered. The prizes, or
any unused portion of the prizes, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. In the event
of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify
or suspend the Promotion.
23. As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner and companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the
form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a
legal release and indemnity form.
24. The prizes are subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
25. If a winner selected is deemed not to comply with the terms and conditions of this Promotion, their entry will be
declared invalid and a new winner will be judged in the Unclaimed Prize Award.
26. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies, and prize suppliers
exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or
incurred by any Entrant and/or prize winner in connection with the Promotion or prize, including:
i. any indirect, economic or consequential loss or loss of profits;
ii. any loss arising from the negligence of the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies;
iii. Any liability for personal injury or death.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
Independent financial advice should be sought by the winner.
28. The Promoter, other entities associated with this Promotion and their related bodies corporate, and each of
their officers, employees and agents, and prize suppliers shall not be liable for and shall be held harmless in
respect of any loss, damage, or injury whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or
consequential loss) or sustained, as a result of or arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of a prizes,
except to the extent that any such liability cannot be excluded by law.
29. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. Acceptance of a prize is deemed to be acceptance by the
winner of these terms and conditions and approval to use the winner’s name and photograph for publicity
purposes, unless specifically requested by the winner not to do so at the time of entering the Promotion.
Further, the winner may be required to participate in a media interview/s and/ or other promotional
engagement as determined by the Promoter. A photograph of the winner experiencing the prize is required to
Page 4 of 5 ” AVENGERS: ENDGAME – REPEAT VISITATION PROMOTION – MINOR PRIZE
be provided to The Greater Union Organisation Pty Ltd for use on via their marketing assets and social media
pages, at a later date.
30. If the Promotion does not run for its duration due to, but not limited to, computer viruses, tampering,
unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the Promoter’s control that
corrupts or affects administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves
the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter will
not be responsible for:
i. Malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system,
servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website;
ii. Failure of any entry to be received by the Promoter as a result of those matters; nor
iii. Any injury or damage to entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the
Promotion or downloading any materials relating to the Promotion.
31. Neither the Promoter nor the prize suppliers accept responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to
technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
32. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the
Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions
of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil
unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel or reschedule the
Promotion, subject to state legislation.
33. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the user or for any
of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion , or for any technical error, or
any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion including any
omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone,
mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of claims.
34. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to
believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct
calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover
damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
35. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer
virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper
conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who
tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or
suspend the Promotion, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
36. Neither the Promoter nor the prize suppliers assume responsibility for:
i. any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to
(or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines,
computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
ii. any technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be
available at all times; or
iii. any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; or
iv. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the
conduct of the Promotion; or
v. Any incorrect or incomplete information, which may be communicated in the course of the administering
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal
and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek
damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Page 5 of 5 ” AVENGERS: ENDGAME – REPEAT VISITATION PROMOTION – MINOR PRIZE
37. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies and prize suppliers assume no responsibility for any
error, omission, interruptions, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure,
theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action
that may be available.
38. All claims and any copyright subsisting in the claims become and remain the property of the Promoter. The
Promoter collects personal information about Entrants to include Entrants in the Promotion and where
appropriate award any offer. Personal information may be disclosed to the prize suppliers for the specific
purpose of providing the Prize. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant may not
participate in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant also acknowledges that a further
primary purpose for collection of Entrants’ personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to
use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact Entrants in the future
with information on special offers or provide Entrants with marketing materials via any medium including mail,
telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message
Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional
communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share information with its
Australian related companies who may contact Entrants with relevant special offers in this way. Personal
information may also be accessed by the Promoter’s marketing and website service providers for the purpose of
processing and conducting the Promotion and assisting with marketing communications. By entering the
Promotion, each Entrant agrees that the Promoter may use Entrants’ personal information in this manner.
Entrants can also request to gain access to, update or correct any personal information by contacting the
Promoter at the address or phone number below. Entrants wishing to opt out of the Promoter’s marketing
communications can also use the address or phone number below. All personal information will be stored at the
office of the Promoter or in the Promoter’s database.
39. The Promoter is The Greater Union Organisation Pty Ltd (ABN 99 000 024 439), 478 George St, Sydney NSW
2000, telephone number (02) 9373 6600