Event Cinemas-Greater Union – Win The Prize (prize valued at $12,000)
Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Promotion – Event Cinemas Competition Page 1 of 4
The Greater Union Organisation Pty Ltd
MAMMA MIA: HERE WE GO AGAIN PROMOTION
WIN* A TRIP FOR 2 TO THE LONDON MAMMA MIA: HERE WE GO AGAIN PREMIERE
EVENT CINEMAS COMPETITION
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Promotion is deemed
acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
The Promotion is open to individuals who:
(a) Are residents of Australia (excluding TAS and VIC); and
(b) Must be over 18 years old; and
(c) Are not employees (or immediate family of such employees) of the Promoter, or any of its related corporations or any of the agencies
associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of the prize); and
(d) Have not been discovered to have breached these Conditions of Entry or Conditions of Entry of previous contests run by the Promoter,
An immediate family member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child, parent, step-parent,
grandparent, step- grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
2. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits
an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. It is a condition of entry that Entrants are able to accept the prize as stated.
Inability to accept the prize as stated will deem the participant an ineligible Entrant and the prize won will be forfeited.
3. All prices stated are in Australian dollars (AUD), and represent the recommended retail price (“RRP”) and include GST. All references to times and
dates are reflected as to times and dates in Melbourne which may be Australia Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or Australian Eastern Daylight Saving
Time (AEDST) depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock.
4. The Promotion commences on Thursday, 12 April 2018 at 09:00 AEST and closes Sunday, 13 May 2018 at 23:59 AEST (“Promotional Period”).
5. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoters for any ineligible or lost entries or entries submitted received by the Promoters after the closing
date. Entries that do not comply with these Conditions of Entry are incomplete, submitted or received by the Promoters after the closing date will
be declared void.
6. The Promotion prize draw for the winner will take place at 14:00 AEST on Monday, 14 May 2018 at MDSA, 40 Yeo Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089.
The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on every Entrant. No correspondence will the entered into.
7. The winner of the Promotion will be notified within 2 business days of the draw, by email and phone relying on the contact details provided by the
Entrant and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
8. UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW: The Promoter reserves the right to redraw a winner in the event of an Entrant failing to comply with these Conditions
of Entry or forfeiting or not claiming the prize by 17:00 AEST Tuesday, 5 June 2018. If the prize remains unclaimed by that date, a second chance
draw will be held at the same time & location as the original draw on Thursday, 7 June 2018. Disposal of the unclaimed prize may be made subject
to any written directions given by any government authority and pursuant to any relevant legislation. The unclaimed prize draw winner will be
contacted by email and phone within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian newspaper on Thursday, 14
HOW TO ENTER
9. To enter, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(a) Purchase a Gift Card or e-Gift Card from the Event Cinemas Gift Shop desktop website [www.giftshop.eventcinemas.com.au] or mobile site
during the Promotional Period.
(b) Entrants who purchase a Gift Card or e-Gift Card through the above Event Cinemas Gift Shop desktop or mobile site during the Promotional
Period will automatically be awarded one entry into the Promotion (one entry per transaction).
(c) Only one opportunity to enter will be awarded per transaction (not per Gift Card or e-Gift Card purchased).
10. Any cost associated with accessing the Promotion website is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Promotion – Event Cinemas Competition Page 2 of 4
11. The prize will be awarded by a random draw conducted by MDSA on behalf of the Promoter.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & VERIFICATION
12. The Promoter may, at their absolute discretion, disqualify any Entrant and declare any or all entries made by an Entrant invalid if Entrants:
a) Tamper with the entry process, including use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permit the
Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly; or
b) Tamper with the operation of the Promotion or web site or found to be using multiple aliases, household addresses or email addresses; or
c) Act in a disruptive manner; or
d) Fail to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction; or
e) Fail to produce items as required or produces items that, in the Promoter’s opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered,
incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
f) Act in violation of these Conditions of Entry.
13. Entrants can only enter in their own name.
14. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt in the Promotion database and NOT the time of transmission by the Entrant.
15. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, entries which are not in the required format or which contain offensive of defamatory comments, or
which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win the prize.
16. One (1) Major Prize will be drawn for Australia (excluding VIC and TAS):
Major Prize Details
2 x Return economy class airfares for two (2) adults departing from winner’s nearest Australian capital city on 13 July 2018. Arriving in
London on 14 July 2018. Departing London on 18 July, 2018 (flight associated taxes are included).
4 x Nights’ accommodation in a standard room twin share with English Breakfast at the Amba Hotel Marble Arch
Return private airport transfers
2 x Red carpet tickets to world premiere of Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again in London on Monday 16 July, 2018
Total prize is up to a maximum value of AU $12,000 including GST.
Prize values are based on recommended retail prizes and are correct at the date of printing individual promotion terms and conditions (inclusive
of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any change in prize value between now and the draw date. The winner is not entitled to
receive any money from any party if there is a difference between the maximum prize value and the actual prize value at the time of the draw.
Pricing is an approximate only and is subject to change based on availability at time of booking, travel dates selected and foreign currency
exchange rates. Above pricing is based on travel during July 2018.
17. Prize must be taken and booked as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. No variations are
permitted and prize must be taken in its entirety.
18. Prize is subject to availability at time of booking. The booking of travel arrangements will be based on availability of airfares and accommodation
at time of booking. Where accommodation outlined in the prize is unavailable, alternative accommodation will be selected and arranged by Flight
19. Package is based on two (2) adults departing from and returning to the same Australian capital city, travelling as a pair. The winner will be
responsible for any costs associated with reaching the capital city of departure as well as any additional costs not included in the prize inclusions.
20. The Prize Winner and their travelling companion must both be over the age of 18 years and must be able to depart from Australia on Friday 13
July 2018, for arrival in London on Saturday 14 July, 2018 and must attend Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Premiere in London, UK. If the Prize
Winner and their companion are not able travel on these specified dates, the prize will be forfeited and will not be transferable or exchangeable
and cannot be taken as cash. Event dates are subject to change and the winner will be notified of new dates if this occurs. The winner and their
companion must make their own way to and from the Premiere in London from their London hotel accommodation. If the event is cancelled, the
winner will receive 2 in season passes to see Mamma Mia Here We Go Again in cinemas.
21. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and remains the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter recommends that the prize winner and
their travelling companion purchase adequate travel insurance from a reputable travel insurance provider prior to their departure from Australia.
22. Winner to provide minimum of 30 days’ notice of intent to travel (from intended departure date). Passenger names, current passport copies and
intended travel dates will be required.
Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Promotion – Event Cinemas Competition Page 3 of 4
23. Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other goods or services nor can it be taken in parts. The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for any variation in the value, performance, or availability of the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or substitute the
advertised prize for a prize of equivalent or greater retail value if, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter is not able to give
the prize-winner the advertised prize, subject to relevant state or territory regulations. Any incidental costs relating to the prize are the
responsibility of the winner.
24. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or the Prize
Provider (Universal Pictures International Australasia Pty Limited (“Universal”)) in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal
release and indemnity form.
25. The prize choice is subject to the standard Conditions of Entry of individual prize and service providers.
26. The Prize Winner and their traveling companion must be in possession of a valid 5-year passport and must have a minimum of 90 days validity for
the duration of the prize holiday. All entry visas and/or travel documents are the sole responsibility of the winner including visa costs if applicable.
The Promoter and Universal do not arrange entry visas.
27. The Prize Winner and their traveling companion must provide the Promoter with a copy of their passports to ensure names are spelled correctly
and validity of their passports. The Prize Winner and companion must supply the above information to the Promoter at least 30 days’ notice prior
to the specified departure date.
28. Personal Information about the Prize Winner and their traveling companion will be shared with the Promoter, Universal and their agents to the
extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the Prize Winner and their traveling companion.
29. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those traveling are not changeable without incurring extra fees at the expense of the Prize
Winner and their traveling companion.
30. The Prize Winner and their traveling companion must travel from Australia on the same flights. Travel arrangements to and from the Prize
Winner’s nearest capital city airport (if applicable) do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the Prize Winner and their traveling
companion. Any alterations to flights that have been confirmed by the prize winner and/or accommodation details will be at the expense of the
Prize Winner and their traveling companion. Airport taxes and government levies must be paid by the Prize Winner at the time of booking if
applicable. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. In the event that flights are not available, the Promoter reserves
the right, where practical, to offer alternative travel arrangements.
31. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (including Universal, the Prize Provider) make no representation as to the safety,
conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the responsibility of the Prize Winner and their traveling companion to ensure
that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be held responsible for
any loss or delay that may occur as a result of any identification documents not being produced for travel.
32. The Prize Winner and their traveling companion are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers (unless
specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), energy surcharges, hotel car parking, other hotel incidentals, visas, ground transportation,
taxes not included in the price of the ticket, travel, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation,
optional activities or excursions, merchandise or any other costs of a related, ancillary or incidental nature and all other ancillary costs. Unless
expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other travel and prize related expenses become the responsibility of the winner. A credit card
imprint or cash deposit may be required from the Prize Winner at check-in to the hotel for all incidental charges.
33. If the Prize Winner and their traveling companion wishes to extend the trip it’s at their expense. Flights are non-transferrable.
34. If the winner selected is deemed not to comply with the Conditions of Entry of this Promotion, their entry will be declared invalid and a new
winner will be drawn in the unclaimed prize draw.
35. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. In the event of war, terrorism, state
of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any written
directions from a regulatory authority.
36. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be
sought by the winner.
37. The Promoter, other entities associated with this Promotion and their related bodies corporate, and each of their officers, employees and agents
shall not be liable for and shall be held harmless in respect of any loss, damage, or injury whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to
direct or consequential loss) or sustained, as a result of or arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the prize, except to the extent that any
such liability cannot be excluded by law.
38. If the Promotion does not run for its duration or is not able to be run as planned due to, but not limited to, computer viruses, tampering,
unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the Promoter’s control that interferes with, corrupts or affects
administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, reschedule
or modify the Promotion and disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter will not be responsible for:
Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Promotion – Event Cinemas Competition Page 4 of 4
a) Malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer
equipment, software, or website;
b) Failure of any entry to be received by the Promoter as a result of those matters; nor
c) Any injury or damage to Entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion or downloading any
materials relating to the Promotion.
39. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other
40. The Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoters have reason to believe has breached any of
these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the
Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
41. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay
in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the
right to take any action that may be available.
42. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes. To
the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, their employees and agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any
act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or their employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the
supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause
does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any
liability of the Promoter or their employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should
such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
43. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. Acceptance of the prize is deemed to be acceptance by the winner of these Conditions of Entry
and approval to use the winner’s name and photograph for publicity purposes, unless specifically requested by the winner not to do so at the time
of entering the Promotion. Further, the winner may be required to participate in a media interview/s and/ or other promotional engagement as
determined by the Promoter.
44. All claims and any copyright subsisting in the claims become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about Entrants to include Entrants in the Promotion and where appropriate award any offer and/or prize, and Entrant acknowledges that such
personal information may also be disclosed to relevant third parties including to Universal and its agents for the specific purpose of administering
the promotion and providing the prizes. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant may not participate in the Promotion.
By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant also acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of Entrants’ personal information
by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact Entrants
in the future with information on special offers or provide Entrants with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and
commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any
other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may
share information with its Australian related companies who may contact Entrants with relevant special offers in this way. Personal information
may also be accessed by the Promoter’s marketing and website service providers for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion and
assisting with marketing communications. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees that the Promoter may use Entrants’ personal
information in this manner. Entrants can also request to gain access to, update or correct any personal information by contacting the Promoter at
the address or phone number below. Entrants wishing to opt out of the Promoter’s marketing communications can also use the address or phone
number below. All personal information will be stored at the office or in the electronic database of the Promoter.
45. The Promoter is The Greater Union Organisation Pty Ltd (ABN 99 000 024 439), 478 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, telephone 02 9373 6600.
46. Authorised under NSW Permit No LTSP/18/23476, ACT TP18/00642 & SA licence No. T18/565.