Event Cinemas-Greater Union – Win a New Guitar” Entries (prize valued at $449)
LOUD KRAZY LOVE – WIN AN ESP GUITAR SIGNED BY KORN’S BRIAN ‘HEAD’ WELCH – Event Cinemas Competition Page 1 of 3
The Greater Union Organisation Pty Ltd
LOUD KRAZY LOVE – WIN AN ESP GUITAR SIGNED BY KORN’S BRIAN ‘HEAD’ WELCH
EVENT CINEMAS COMPETITION
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Promotion is deemed
acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
The Promotion is open to individuals who:
(a) Are residents of Australia (excluding VIC/TAS); and
(b) Over 15 years of age; entrants under 18 years of age have obtained their parent or guardian’s consent to enter the Promotion on these
Conditions of Entry; and
(c) Are not employees (or immediate family of such employees) of the Promoter, or any of its related corporations or any of the agencies
associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of the prize); and
(d) Have not been discovered to have breached these Conditions of Entry or Conditions of Entry of previous contests run by the Promoter,
An immediate family member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child, parent, step-parent,
grandparent, step- grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
2. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits
an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. It is a condition of entry that Entrants are able to accept the prize as stated.
Inability to accept the prize as stated will deem the participant an ineligible Entrant and the prize won will be forfeited.
3. All prices stated are in Australian dollars (AUD), and represent the recommended retail price (“RRP”) and include GST. All references to times and
dates are reflected as to times and dates in Melbourne which may be Australia Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or Australian Eastern Daylight Saving
Time (AEDST) depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock.
4. The Promotion commences on for online ticket purchases from Monday 6 May 2019 at 17:00 AEDT and concludes for:
(a) online ticket purchases on Monday 20 May 2019 at 23:59 AEST;
(b) entry submissions on Tuesday 21 May 2019 at 23:59 AEST (“Promotional Period”)
5. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoters for any ineligible or lost entries or entries submitted received by the Promoters after the closing
date. Entries that do not comply with these Conditions of Entry are incomplete, submitted or received by the Promoters after the closing date will
be declared void.
6. The Promoter’s decision for the winner will take place at 14:00 AEST on Thursday 23 May 2019 at Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited’s
Head Office, at Level 13, 478 George St, Sydney. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on every
7. The winner of the Promotion will be notified within 2 business days of the draw, by email and phone relying on the contact details provided by the
8. UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW: The Promoter reserves the right to redraw a winner in the event of an Entrant failing to comply with these Conditions
of Entry or forfeiting or not claiming the prize by Monday, 29 July 2019. If the prize remains unclaimed by that date, a second chance draw will be
held at the same time & location as the original draw on Tuesday, 30 July 2019. Disposal of the unclaimed prize may be made subject to any
written directions given by any government authority and pursuant to any relevant legislation. The unclaimed prize draw winner will be contacted
by email and phone within 2 business days of the draw.
HOW TO ENTER
9. To enter, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
i. Must purchase a ticket online to LOUD KRAZY LOVE during the promotional period at any Event Cinema, Greater Union, BCC or GU Film
House online at www.eventcinemas.com.au or via the Event Cinema iPhone, iPad or android application or via mobile phones.
ii. Entrants who purchase a ticket online to LOUD KRAZY LOVE through the above Event Cinemas desktop or mobile sites during the
Promotional Period will enter via the Promotion link located on the ticket confirmation banner linking to the Promotion page, and submit
an entry that is 25 words or less that responds to the following question: “Why you would like to win a new guitar?”; and
LOUD KRAZY LOVE – WIN AN ESP GUITAR SIGNED BY KORN’S BRIAN ‘HEAD’ WELCH – Event Cinemas Competition Page 2 of 3
iii. Provide all personal information requested (full name, phone number, and postal address, booking confirmation number or Cinebuzz
Member number and email address).
10. Any cost associated with accessing the Promotion website is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
11. One entry per ticket is counted.
12. The prize will be awarded to the entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter’s judging panel (at its sole discretion), is the most creative of all
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & VERIFICATION
13. The prize will be awarded to the entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter’s judging panel (at its sole discretion), is the most creative of all
14. The Promoter may, at their absolute discretion, disqualify any Entrant and declare any or all entries made by an Entrant invalid if Entrants:
a) Tamper with the entry process, including use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permit the
Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly; or
b) Tamper with the operation of the Promotion or web site or found to be using multiple aliases, household addresses or email addresses; or
c) Act in a disruptive manner; or
d) Fail to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction; or
e) Fail to produce items as required or produces items that, in the Promoter’s opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered,
incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
f) Act in violation of these Conditions of Entry.
15. Entrants can only enter in their own name.
16. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt in the Promotion database and NOT the time of transmission by the Entrant.
17. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, entries which are not in the required format or which contain offensive of defamatory comments, or
which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win the prize.
18. 1 x prize will be awarded:
1 x ESP LTD M-10 in Black Satin signed by Brian ‘Head’ Welch from KoRn
Total prize is up to a maximum value of $449.00 AUD including GST.
Prize values are based on recommended retail prizes and are correct at the date of printing individual promotion terms and conditions (inclusive
of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any change in prize value between now and the draw date. The winner is not entitled to
receive any money from any party if there is a difference between the maximum prize value and the actual prize value at the time of the draw.
19. The prize or any unused portion of the prizes, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prize must be taken as stated and
no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. No variations are permitted and prize must be taken in its
entirety. Any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited.
20. If the Promotion is cancelled no compensation will be offered.
21. The Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
22. If the winner selected is deemed not to comply with the Conditions of Entry of this Promotion, their entry will be declared invalid and a new
winner will be drawn in the unclaimed prize draw.
23. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. In the event of war, terrorism, state
of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
LOUD KRAZY LOVE – WIN AN ESP GUITAR SIGNED BY KORN’S BRIAN ‘HEAD’ WELCH – Event Cinemas Competition Page 3 of 3
24. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be
sought by the winner.
25. The Promoter, other entities associated with this Promotion and their related bodies corporate, and each of their officers, employees and agents
shall not be liable for and shall be held harmless in respect of any loss, damage, or injury whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to
direct or consequential loss) or sustained, as a result of or arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the prize, except to the extent that any
such liability cannot be excluded by law.
26. If the Promotion does not run for its duration or is not able to be run as planned due to, but not limited to, computer viruses, tampering,
unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the Promoter’s control that interferes with, corrupts or affects
administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, reschedule
or modify the Promotion and disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter will not be responsible for:
a) Malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer
equipment, software, or website;
b) Failure of any entry to be received by the Promoter as a result of those matters; nor
c) Any injury or damage to Entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion or downloading any
materials relating to the Promotion.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other
28. The Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoters have reason to believe has breached any of
these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the
Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
29. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay
in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the
right to take any action that may be available.
30. The Promoter and the prize suppliers make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or
services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, their employees and agents and the prize suppliers are not liable for any
loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or their employees or agents or the
prize suppliers, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and,
where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to
be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or their employees or agents for breach of
any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should
such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
31. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. Acceptance of the prize is deemed to be acceptance by the winner of these Conditions of Entry
and approval to use the winner’s name and photograph for publicity purposes, unless specifically requested by the winner not to do so at the time
of entering the Promotion. Further, the winner may be required to participate in a media interview/s and/ or other promotional engagement as
determined by the Promoter.
32. All claims and any copyright subsisting in the claims become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about Entrants to include Entrants in the Promotion and where appropriate award any offer and/or prize, and Entrant acknowledges that such
personal information may also be disclosed to relevant third parties including the prize suppliers for the specific purpose of administering the
promotion and providing the prizes. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant may not participate in the Promotion. By
participating in the Promotion, each Entrant also acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of Entrants’ personal information by
the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact Entrants in
the future with information on special offers or provide Entrants with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and
commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any
other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may
share information with its Australian related companies who may contact Entrants with relevant special offers in this way. Personal information
may also be accessed by the Promoter’s marketing and website service providers for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion and
assisting with marketing communications. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees that the Promoter may use Entrants’ personal
information in this manner. Entrants can also request to gain access to, update or correct any personal information by contacting the Promoter at
the address or phone number below. Entrants wishing to opt out of the Promoter’s marketing communications can also use the address or phone
number below. All personal information will be stored at the office or in the electronic database of the Promoter.
33. The Promoter is The Greater Union Organisation Pty Ltd (ABN 99 000 024 439), 478 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, telephone 02 9373 6600.