DMA – Per State Capital (prize valued at $7,500)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
LG BIG SCREEN TV
1. Information on “How to Enter” and Prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry
(“Conditions”). Submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of these Conditions. Entries not
completed in accordance with these Conditions will be ineligible.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents currently residing in Australia who are aged 18 years or
over. Entrants must submit an entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
3. Employees, directors and/or officers (and their immediate family members and members of their
households) of the Promoter or of its subsidiaries or related companies or agencies associated
with the promotion, are ineligible to participate. Immediate family means any of the following:
spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent,
step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-
brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the following definitions apply:
a) ‘Prize’ and ‘Prizes’ means an LG 65″ C8 OLED TV valued at $5,299 RRP.
b) ‘Prize Pool’means five LG 65″ C8 OLED TVs. The value of the Prize Pool at the time of
printing is RRP $26,495. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value
of the Prize or Prize Pool from that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
c) ‘Promotional Period’ means the period commencing at 12:00am AEDT on 26 November
2018 and ending at 11.59pm AEDT on20 January 2019.
Entry and Verification
5. To enter, entrants must answer in 25 words or less ‘Why you should win an LG Big Screen TV’
by entering on the promotion page at www.lg.com.au/WINLGTV and the most creative post will
6. One entry per calendar month per person is permitted.
7. Entries will not be valid if the judging panel deems their content to be inappropriate, disrespectful
Judging & Prize
8. There will be five winners across the competition. The best five eligible entries during the course
of the competition will receive the Prize from the Prize Pool. The Promoter may select additional
reserve entries and record them in the case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant being chosen.
The winner will be the best valid entries submitted as judged by the judging panel, having regard
to skill, creativity and originality.
9. Judging will take place at LG Electronics Australia, 2 Wonderland Drive, Eastern Creek, NSW
2766byMonday, 28 January 2019. The winners will be notified via the email provided in their
entry, and be asked to provide contact details to facilitate delivery of the Prize within 48 hours of
receiving a notification from the Promoter. If any of the initial winners fail to provide acceptable
delivery details to the Promoter, the next best entry will be judged the winner and will be
contacted. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. All valid entries will be
individually judged according to their skill, originality and creative merit and the entry judged to be
the best in a calendar month will win the Prize. All entrants must submit only their own original
answers and answers cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide.
11. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s promotion page on
their website. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete
information caused by an entrant or occurring during transmission. The Promoter is not
responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer
network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or
computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or
any other person’s handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or
receiving of any communication or of any materials in this promotion.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
13. The delivery method for the Prize will be discussed with the each winner upon notification of win.
Promoter’s Rights and Liabilities
14. The Promoter is not responsible for the safety of the individual as result of redeeming the Prize.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrants age and
residence), at any time during or after the promotion, and reserves the right to disqualify any
entrant (and entries submitted by that entrant) for tampering with the entry process, including but
not limited to submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions or if the entrant
is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and
proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other
compensation from such an offender are reserved. The Promoter also reserves the right to verify
the age and identity of an entrant. The Prize will only be awarded to the winner or their
parent/guardian following any validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole
16. Failure of the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
17. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the Prize, that winner will
forfeit the Prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to next best valid entry selected. The
Promoter will not be liable for a winner that cannot be contacted and no correspondence will be
18. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows
an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted from
that source and by those entrants invalid.
19. Costs of accessing the Internet is the entrant’s responsibility and may be dependent on the
internet service provider used.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incomplete, damaged or incomprehensible entries.
All such inaccurate entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or
misdirected entries. Any entry that does not comply with these Conditions will be invalid.
21. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
22. In the event that the Prize/s are/is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to
procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater
recommended retail value.
23. All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any
entrant. As a condition of entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all of their
rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter. Each entrant
warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original artistic work of the entrant that
does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter
against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants
consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the
Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
24. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the content of the entry they submit (Content).
The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law.
Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent,
or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other
rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive,
harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender or otherwise
unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly
created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (c) their Content shall not
contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (d) they will comply with all
applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content,
defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication
systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Promoter and the
Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to reject entries for any breach of the above
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers,
employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any
loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained in
connection with this promotion or taking or utilising any goods/services offer as a prize, including
but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any theft, unauthorised access or third
party interference; (b) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not
after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(c) any variation in the offer value to that stated in these Conditions; (d) use of the prize; (e) any
equipment malfunction or programming malfunction, or for any technical error, or any combination
thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this promotion including any
omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or
telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, technical problems or traffic congestion on the
internet or website, software failure (f) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s
computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials in the
26. Certain legislation implies guarantees or conditions or imposes obligations upon the Promoter
which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or cannot be excluded, restricted or modified
except to a limited extend. These Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit the application of
any statutory provision where to do so would contravene that statute or a cause any part of these
Conditions to be void.
27. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to
cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions from a
relevant Regulatory Authority.
28. The Promoter collects personal information about entrants to include entrants in the promotion,
awarding the Prize, and for direct marketing and publicity purposes. If the personal information
requested is not provided, the entrant may not be eligible to participate in the promotion or LG
may not be able to award the Prize. By participating in the promotion, the entrant consents to the
use of their personal information for the purposes disclosed above, which will involve storage of
their personal information on the Promoter’s database and expressly consents to the Promoter
using the information for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including contacting
entrant in the future with information on special offers or provide entrant with marketing materials
via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short
Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or
any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether
existing now or in the future. Entrants will have the right to opt out of receiving any receiving
direct marketing material.
29. The Promoter may share information with its related companies, with third parties for the purpose
of fulfilling the terms of the promotion, and promotional partners who may contact entrants with
special offers in this way, both within Australia and overseas. The Promoter may also share the
personal information collected with its related companies overseas and the entrant consents to
the use and disclosure of their personal information to any such overseas entities. Entrants can
also gain access to, update, correct or destroy any personal information, make a complaint about
a breach of privacy, or opt out of receiving any communications by contacting the Promoter at the
collected may be obtained at http://www.lg.com/au/privacy or by contacting the Promoter.
31. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees to the Promoter using their entry, name or image
for printing, broadcast, publicity, commercial and promotional purposes without compensation and
agrees to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use any such material in
all media worldwide (including but not limited to TV, web, radio, catalogue, press, and point of
sale) and agrees not to object to any such use on the basis of any moral right.
32. If an entrant does not provide the Promoter with all the information requested on the entry form,
the entry form will be invalid.
33. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection
by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention,
fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or
affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, the Promoter reserves the
right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory
Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter may in its sole
discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
34. The Promoter is LG Electronics Australia Pty Ltd A.B.N. 98 064 531 264 of 2 Wonderland Drive,
Eastern Creek, NSW, 2766.