Disney-Star Wars Rebels – WIN an epic Star Wars Rebels prize pack
Stand up to the Empire! Design your own Stormtrooper helmet to support the resistance and spread the word by sharing your design – the top 10 designs as voted by you will WIN an epic Star Wars Rebels prize pack!
Plus, spot the weekly codeword on Disney XD (channel 708), weekdays between 5:30pm-6pm (AEST) to unlock bonus design elements for your helmet!
Winners will be announced during the premiere of Star Wars Rebels on Friday 3 October at 5pm (AEST) on Disney XD, First on Foxtel.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Star Wars Rebels: “Design a Stormtrooper Helmet” Competition
It is important that you read and understand these Terms and Conditions, particularly paragraphs about Disney’s legal responsibility to you such as paragraph 7. If you do not understand these Terms and Conditions, you should seek help to understand them.
1. Competition overview
a) To be eligible to enter Disney’s Star Wars Rebels: Design a Stormtrooper Helmet competition (the “Competition”), you must first register to participate in the Competition. Registration to the Competition is free and open to all Australian residents during the Competition Period and can be completed by going to www.DisneyXD.com.au and clicking through to the Competition page.
b) To enter the Competition, entrants must then go to www.DisneyXD.com.au (the “Website”) and click through to the Competition page. There, entrants must enter the Competition by signing into their Competition account and, using the online creative assets provided on the site, create and submit a Stormtrooper helmet design (the “Entry”). Subject to these Terms and Conditions, each Stormtrooper helmet design submitted will appear on the Website’s Competition gallery with other Competition entrants being able to vote on the design. For the avoidance of doubt, only other Competition entrants are eligible to vote on an Entry.
c) During the Competition Period, entrants will have the opportunity to unlock bonus design elements to be used to design their Stormtrooper helmet. In order to unlock the bonus design elements, entrants must:
watch Disney XD channel during the Codeword Appearance Start and End Times set out in the table below and identify the codeword shown on screen (the “Codeword”); and
during the Competition Period, visit the competition website at www.DisneyXD.com.au and submit the correct Codeword for that Design Period. The Codeword will unlock certain design elements for the Design Period Opening and Closing Times only, as outlined below:
Design Period Codeword Appearance Start and End Times Design Period Opening Times Design Period Closing Times
1 17:30 – 18:00 (AEST) between 1 September 2014 and 7 September 2014 1 September 2014 at 9:00 (AEST) 7 September 2014 at 23:59 (AEST)
2 17:30 – 18:00 (AEST) between 8 September 2014 and 14 September 2014 8 September 2014 at 9:00 (AEST) 14 September 2014 at 23:59 (AEST)
3 17:30 -18:00 (AEST) between 15 September 2014 and 21 September 2014 15 September 2014 at 9:00 (AEST) 21 September 2014 at 23:59 (AEST)
4 17:30 – 18:00 (AEST) between 22 September 2014 and 28 September 2014 22 September 2014 at 9:00 (AEST) 28 September 2014 at 23:59 (AEST)
d) Entry into the Competition is open from Monday 1 September 2014 at 09:00 (AEST) and closes at Sunday 28 September 2014 at 23:59 (AEST) (the “Competition Period”). Entry can only be made during the Competition Period. The Competition will be decided at 12:00 (AEST) on Wednesday 1 October 2014 (the “Selection Date”).
e) Disney reserves the right to invalidate an Entry and disallow a Stormtrooper helmet design submission to appear on the Website gallery if it determines in its absolute discretion that the Entry is inappropriate.
f) You may enter the Competition as many times as you like, however each Entrant is eligible to win one (1).
Prize only (except for South Australian Entrants who may win more than one prize).
g) Entry into the Competition is free (except for any normal internet connection charges that may apply).
h) Each entrant must, with their parent / legal guardian, consent to the Competition content submission form prior to or at the time of submitting an Entry. The Competition content submission form will be made available at the time of submitting an Entry. It is a condition of entering the Competition that entrants and their parents / legal guardians agree to the Competition content submission form.
i) Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions in relation to all Entries made during the Competition Period.
a) The promoter of this Competition is The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited ACN 054 610 025 (“Disney”) of Level 3, 68 York St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia.
a) To be eligible to enter the Competition:
you must be a permanent resident of Australia;
If you are younger than 18 years old, your parent or guardian (over the age of 18) will need to agree to these Terms and Conditions (we may contact this person to confirm their agreement); and
neither you nor anyone in your immediate family may be an employee of Disney, affiliated with Disney or connected to the Competition in any way.
b) Disney may disqualify you if:
you or your Entry do not meet any one or more of the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions;
your Entry includes any objectionable material or infringes the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party; or
you tamper in any way with the operation of the Competition.
c) Your Entry must be complete, in English and legible.
d) If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, unforeseen legal or commercial circumstances or any other causes beyond the control of Disney which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Competition, Disney reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, delay or suspend the Competition.
4. Winner selection
a) The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
b) Each Entry will be displayed on the Competition Website’s gallery with other Competition entrants being able to vote on the Entry. Whilst a Competition entrant can vote on multiple different Entries during the Competition Period, an entrant can only vote on any one Entry once during the Competition Period. In the event that multiple Entries receive the same highest number of votes, Disney will appoint judges for the Competition (the “Judges”) to determine the ultimate winner(s).
c) The winner selection will take place on the Selection Date. The ten (10) Entries with the highest number of votes will be awarded as the Competition prize winners (each a “Winner”). In the event that there are multiple Entries with the same amount of highest votes then the Judges will determine the ultimate Winner(s) based on the creativity and innovativeness of the Entry, to be awarded as the Competition prize winners. For the avoidance of doubt, ten (10) Winners will be selected in total. The Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
d) The Winners will be announced on Disney XD channel on Friday 3 October during the premiere of “Star Wars Rebels”. They will also be notified by email within seven (7) days of the Selection Date (see paragraph 1(c)). All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winners. The names of the Winners will also be displayed on the Competition website.
e) The Prizes must be claimed within three (3) months of the Selection Date. If for whatever reason any Prize is not claimed by this date, an unclaimed prize selection will be carried out on Wednesday 7 January 2015.
f) If any proposed selection date falls on a public holiday in New South Wales, that selection will be conducted on the following business day.
g) If any person first chosen as a Winner is found to be ineligible, they will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected as replacement Winner.
a) There will be ten (10) prizes (each a “Prize”) to be won during the course of the Competition. Each Prize will consist of:
One (1) x Disney XD Star Wars Rebels prize pack, including:
1x 32GB Apple iPad Air with Wifi + Cellular valued at AU$849;
1x Star Wars Rebels Command Battle Packs AU$9.99;
1x Star Wars Rebels Command Attack Packs AU$19.99;
1x Star Wars Rebels Command Invasion Pack AU$29.99;
1x Star Wars Rebels Command Millennium Falcon AU$59.99;
1x Star Wars Rebels Inquisitor Lightsaber AU$59.99;
1x Star Wars Rebels Youth T-Shirt AU$19.95;
1x Star Wars Rebels Button Set A AU$5.95; and
1x Star Wars Rebels Button Set B AU$5.95.
Each Prize is valued at a maximum amount of AU$1,060.80.
The total Competition prize pool is valued at AU$10,608.00.
The Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices (inclusive of GST). Disney does not accept any responsibility for a change in Prize value.
b) If you are a Winner:
You may not transfer the Prize to anyone or ask for any alternative Prize (including cash).
Disney may replace the Prize with another prize of equal value in the unlikely event that the Prize becomes unavailable.
If you are not able to take the Prize as stated, you will forfeit the Prize and no payment or compensation will be made in lieu.
Once the Prize has left the premises of Disney, responsibility for any damage, delay or loss to the Prize during transit will pass to you.
Disney may ask you or your parent/legal guardian to provide proof of your age, identity and residency, and to sign any required documentation including release forms as a condition of claiming the Prize.
You or your parent/legal guardian is responsible for all expenses and taxes connected to your participation in the Competition and not included in the Prize.
If requested by Disney, the Winner may be required and must agree to be filmed during the presentation of the Prize. The Winner hereby grants to Disney the right to issue, and authorise others to issue, publicity concerning the Winner, and the right to use Winner’s name (including any professional name or sobriquet adopted by Winner), likeness and biographical data in connection with the promotion of the Competition.
a) Disney will own your Entry and will not return your Entry at the end of the Competition.
b) You agree that all of the rights (including intellectual property rights) in your Entry, including any copyright works in your Entry, belong to Disney and you hereby assign any rights you may have to Disney. This includes all copyright (present or future), other intellectual property rights and rights of ownership. You grant a perpetual worldwide license (including a right to sub-license) to Disney of all rights in your Entry pending completion of this assignment.
c) You agree to do all things necessary (which may include signing documents) to transfer these rights to Disney.
d) You consent to Disney doing or omitting to do anything that infringes your moral rights in your Entry. Moral rights are your inherent rights in your Entry as the author and/or performer in the Entry and comprise the rights:
to be attributed as the author of the Entry;
not to have your authorship of the Entry falsely attributed; and
of integrity of authorship and/or performance.
7. Liability and Indemnity
a) Disney is not liable, and you release Disney from liability, for any loss or damage that you may suffer from your participation in the Competition, including (without limitation) if:
the Competition is cancelled, modified, suspended or delayed, including under paragraph 3d); or
Disney does not receive your Entry within the Competition Period for any reason.
b) The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as well as other laws in Australia may imply certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, and give you other legal rights. If they apply, they cannot be modified or excluded by any contract. You may consider seeking legal advice as to whether they apply to you.
c) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions generally affects your rights under Australian consumer law (as contained in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and equivalent State and Territory fair trading legislation) regarding consumer guarantees to the extent that such consumer guarantees cannot be excluded by law. Other than these consumer guarantees, and subject to paragraph 7b), Disney makes no warranties about any prizes offered as a part of the Competition, including warranties as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of such prizes.
d) You agree to indemnify Disney against all liabilities suffered or sustained by Disney arising from any claim by a third party that your Entry infringes the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.
8. Representations and warranties
You represent and warrant that you have all of the rights necessary to effect the transfer of rights to Disney under paragraph 6.
a) Disney will collect your personal information (such as your name and biographical data) as part of the Competition and may use this information anywhere in the world for the purposes of administering the Competition, and other purposes for which we obtain your express consent. Where you have expressly consented, your personal information may be provided to Disney affiliates, including overseas affiliates for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by you.
10. Disney Intellectual Property
a) Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, your participation in the Competition does not entitle you to use any of Disney’s intellectual property rights (including any Disney trade mark or copyright) for any purpose.
b) You may not disclose your Entry to anyone other than Disney. You may only use your Entry to participate in the Competition. You may keep any copy of your Entry for your personal records.
11. Governing law
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts exercising jurisdiction there, and waive any right to claim that those courts are an inconvenient forum.
Any provision (or part thereof) of these Terms and Conditions that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. That does not invalidate the remaining provisions (or parts thereof) of these Terms and Conditions nor affect the validity or enforceability of that provision (or part thereof) in any other jurisdiction.
13. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions contain the entire agreement between you and Disney with respect to the Competition. They set out the only conduct that you have relied on and supersede all earlier conduct and prior agreements and understandings between you and Disney in connection with the Competition.
Star Wars Rebels: Design a Stormtrooper Helmet Campaign
Click-through content submission terms
In consideration of Disney providing you with an opportunity to participate and contribute to the ‘Star Wars Rebels: Design a Stormtrooper Helmet’ campaign (the “Campaign”), held between Monday 1 September 2014 at 09:00 (AEST) and Sunday 28 September 2014 at 23:59 (AEST) (the “Campaign Period”), and other good and valuable consideration, receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged, you irrevocably authorise Disney to make use of your design(s) submitted at any time during the Campaign Period in accordance with the Campaign (the “Design”), subject to the following terms:
1. (Licence to use the Design) You hereby grant Disney an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free licence to copy, reproduce, broadcast, transmit, communicate, perform, exhibit, distribute, alter, edit, arrange, translate and otherwise exploit the Design and incorporate the Design in the Campaign and/or other Disney or affiliated programming in accordance with the terms of this Release. Disney is not obligated to use the Design or the rights herein granted or to produce or transmit the Campaign.
2. (Intellectual property rights) You acknowledge Disney shall have the right, without payment, to use and exploit the Design and any part of it in any way and in all media (including broadcast television, online and via mobile services) now known or hereafter devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, including by any other theatrical or television productions based on the Campaign or its characters, title or story; and uses ancillary to the Campaign (such as uses in toys, merchandising, games, studio tours, theme parks, attractions, trailers, promotional films and advertisements for any or all of the foregoing). You also grant Disney the right to issue, and authorise others to issue, publicity concerning you, and the right to use your name, likeness and biographical data in connection with the distribution, exhibition, advertising and exploitation of the Design or any programming in which the Design may be used as authorized hereunder.
3. (Moral rights) To the extent permitted by law, you consent to Disney (and its licensees, contractors, assignees and successors and their licensees) and any other person authorised by any of them, anywhere in the world: (a) using, disclosing, editing, distorting, copying, producing, amending, adapting, publishing, performing, exhibiting, communicating or transmitting the Design or any adaptation of the Design, or engaging in any other act or omission in relation to the Design as Disney deems fit; and (b) performing any of the aforementioned acts without identifying you. You irrevocably grant all consents and waivers (to the extent permissible by law) necessary to enable Disney to make fullest use of the Design (including in all advertising, marketing, promotion, distribution and other exploitation of the Campaign).
4. (Indemnity) You agree to indemnify and at all times keep Disney fully and effectually indemnified from and against all actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal costs), claims, damages and losses whatsoever suffered or incurred by Disney as a result of any breach or non-performance of this Release by you or any of your warranties or undertakings hereunder.
5. (Assignment) Disney may assign and/or license the benefit of this Release (wholly or in part) without your consent. This Release and the rights granted hereunder are and shall be non-assignable by you or by operation of law, and you shall not assign, mortgage or otherwise encumber the same.
6. (Liability) you acknowledge that damages are an adequate remedy for any breach of this Release by Disney and in no event shall you have the right to terminate or rescind this Release or Disney’s rights hereunder or to seek or obtain, for any reason whatsoever, an injunction or any other form of equitable relief with respect to and/or against Disney or its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns. Your sole remedy being an action at law for damages (if any).
7. (Warranty) You warrant that (i) you have the full power, capacity and authority to enter into this Release and grant the rights herein granted and that the terms of this Release do not in any way conflict with any existing commitment you may have; (ii) the Design and all material contained in the Design is a design created by you, original to you and does not contain any third party material; (iii) you have obtained all necessary clearances and permissions from all persons appearing in the Design to enable Disney to fully exploit its rights as granted under this Release; (iv) neither Disney’s use of the Design pursuant to this Release nor anything contained in the Design is defamatory or infringes upon the rights (including privacy rights) of any third parties; and (v) if you are below the age of 18 years old, you have your parent’s or legal guardians permission to enter into these terms and conditions (we may contact this person to confirm their agreement).
8. (Governing law) This Release is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of NSW, Australia.