Discover Your Own Backyard – Win a Share In More Than $800 Worth of Fantastic Prizes (prize valued at $800)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
WHO CAN ENTER
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the
parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter (Destination Melbourne) to enter into a
further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter including but not limited to City of
Whittlesea staff and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or
stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-
grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first
WHEN TO ENTER
5. The competition commences on Monday 5 March 2018 at 12:01am (AEDT) and concludes on
Friday 27 April 2018 at 11:59pm (AEDT) (“the Competition Period”). Entries must be received
by the Promoter by the competition close date and time.
6. Entrants are able to submit more than one entry.
HOW TO ENTER
7. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(a) Take a photo or video of your favourite foodie hot spot in the City of Whittlesea.
(b) Upload the photo/s or video/s to Instagram before 27 April 2018.
(c) Include the hashtag #whittleseafoodie in the caption.
(d) Follow @dyobmelbourne and @citywhittlesea on Instagram.
8. Entrant’s Instagram page must be set on public.
9. Only photos or videos taken within the municipality of the City of Whittlesea are eligible for
entry. The City of Whittlesea consists of the following suburbs:
10. There are four prize packages on offer:
Overnight stay in a two-bedroom apartment with in room Breakfast Pack
$100 dinner voucher for Ziffano’s restaurant
Package valid until 30 June 2019
Pacific Epping Urban Diner Entertainment package
Four Reading Cinema general admission (admit one) tickets
$50 Pacific Epping gift card
$50 TGI Fridays dining voucher
Package valid for one year for issue date
That’s Amore Cheese
One ticket to That’s Amore Cheese’s Cooking with Mozzarella class on Saturday 9 June
$100 Farm Vigano dining voucher
Voucher is valid for 12 months and can be used for lunch or dinner at any time.
TOTAL PRIZE POOL is valued at $817(AUD)
11. Validity of the prizes cannot be extended and prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any
other offer. Prizes are subject to terms and conditions as specified on the vouchers.
12. The winners will need to make contact with all venues/businesses directly to book/redeem
their prizes. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included.
Redemption of the prizes is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer, not limited to
those specified on the vouchers. All components of the prizes are subject to availability at the
time of booking.
13. The prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winners are
unable to use the prizes as stated. If the winners are unable to satisfy these terms and
conditions or a prize is not utilised or able to be taken within the specified timeframe, the
prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
14. The prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable, exchangeable, refundable
or redeemable for cash. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its
discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to
the equal value and/or specification.
15. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and cooperate as required in all
editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed
and photographed. The winners grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to
use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled
to any fee for such use.
16. The winners agree that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs
to any media or other organisation. The winners undertake to be personally liable to observe
these terms and conditions.
HOW TO WIN
17. Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Competition Period in accordance
with clause 2 to 9 will be entered into the running to win. The judging will take place at City of
Whittlesea, 25 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang on Tuesday 8 May 2018 at 2:00pm (AEDT).
18. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be
individually judged based on creative merit of the photo or video uploaded.
19. The winning photo and video entries will be determined as follows:
(a) At the conclusion of the competition period a first place, second place, third place and
fourth place winner will be drawn.
(b) The four winners will be announced on the @dyobmelbourne Instagram account on
Thursday 10 May 2018.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The winners must, on request by the Promoters, be able to provide evidence which, to the
reasonable satisfaction of the Promoters, demonstrates that the winner is an eligible entrant
(as per clause 2, 3 and 4) and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
22. As a condition of accepting the prizes, the winners must sign any legal documentation as and
in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion,
including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
23. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
24. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process.
25. When an entrant submits any materials via the promotion including comments, and images
(“Content”), the entrant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the
Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide,
irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display
such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use,
attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and
warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including
photograph) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of
promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products
manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to moderate any photos submitted by entrants using a
28. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall
not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter
may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever (if uploaded onto the
Promoter’s website). Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content
that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual
property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic,
sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to
race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise
unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that
appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has
jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their
Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they
will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those
governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’
computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant
agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
29. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
30. Destination Melbourne, City of Whittlesea and associated agencies and companies will take
no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries, or for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
31. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and
is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
32. Destination Melbourne and associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any
misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim
that may occur:
a. during the draw;
b. as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected entries;
c. due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication
of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member,
journalist, other entrants or any other person;
d. arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone
network or lines or mobile communications network related to or resulting from
participation in this promotion;
e. during the use of the prizes;
f. due to circumstances outside the Promoters’ reasonable control.
33. Destination Melbourne and their affiliates assume no responsibility for any error, omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure,
theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries, and reserves the right
to take any action that may be available.
34. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
35. The Promoter is Destination Melbourne (ABN – 39110657264) of Level 12, 50 Queen Street,
Melbourne Victoria 3000.
36. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for
this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents,
contractors, service providers and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this
information. Your details are kept private and only used for the purpose of contacting you,
should you be a winner in this competition. Destination Melbourne will not contact you
unless in relation to this competition. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless
otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and
profiling purposes. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct
information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.