Cotton on – Win $20000 Worth of Gift Cards to Share With Your Mates (prize valued at $20,000)
Page 1 of 3
COTTON ON FILL IN THE BLANKS COMPETITION
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this promotion is Cotton On Australia Pty Ltd (“the Promoter”) (ACN
634 090 083) of 14 Shepherd Court, North Geelong, Victoria 3215.
2. Entry is free and open to individuals aged 18+ in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa,
United States of America, Malaysia and Singapore. Employees of the Promoter and
their immediate families and the suppliers and agencies associated with this
competition are ineligible to enter.
3. This competition commences at 9.00am AEST on 12th
October 2020 and ends at
11.59pm AEST on 1st
November 2020 (“Competition Period”). Entrants may enter as
many times as they like. Late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible,
corrupted or misdirected responses will be deemed invalid. Entrants can only enter in
their own name.
4. To enter this competition entrants must, during the Competition Period, submit on
the Cotton On competition entry page, on the Cotton On website:
a. A message to someone they care about in 25 words or less; and
b. Their first name, last name and email address
Completing the above step constitutes a valid “Submission”.
By entering this competition entrants agree to become part of the Promoter’s
marketing database and loyalty program Cotton On & Co Perks, from which they can
‘opt out’ of once they commence receiving email communication.
5. Each Submission will be reviewed and judged by a panel of the Promoter’s marketing
and communications personnel (“Panel”). The Panel will judge each response
according to how relevant, creative and inspiring it is. All decisions of the Panel are
final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
6. Your Submission may be displayed on the Cotton On homepage but will remain
anonymous. All Submissions will be the property of the Promoter, in accordance with
7. There will be one (1) major prize winner.
8. The winner will be notified via the email, to the email address they submitted as part
of their Submission.
9. The winner is required to respond to the Promoter’s email within seven (7) days or
they may forfeit the prize.
10. The prize consists of the following:
100 X $200 AUD Cotton On Vouchers.
Page 2 of 3
Vouchers are governed by their own terms and conditions.
11. The total prize pool is valued at $20,000 AUD.
12. The Promoter is not liable for any other additional costs associated with winning this
competition or the prizes that comprise this competition.
13. If any prize remains unclaimed after 14 days of the winning Submissions being
announced, the Promoter may deem that the grand prize winners and/or the runners-
up are ineligible to receive the prize.
14. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The
Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of prizes. Where a
prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute another item of equal
or lesser value for that prize, as determined by the Promoter.
15. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these terms and
conditions. Entry into the competition is deemed an acknowledgement and
acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and the
identity of entrants. Proof of entry and identity will only be deemed as sufficient at the
discretion of the Promoter.
17. If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being properly
conducted due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the
Promoter reserves its rights to disqualify any entrant or to modify, suspend, terminate
or cancel this competition, to the extent permitted by law.
18. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss
(including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits),
expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or
not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or
accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law
(in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
19. All Submissions will be the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use the name
and any photos from the Submission for promotional, marketing and publicity
purposes without compensation. By participating in this competition, each entrant
assigns to the Promoter the whole of the copyright in their entries and, to the extent
permitted by law, waives his or her moral rights in respect of it. Upon entering their
Submission, each entrant warrants that the posting and use of their Submission does
not violate, misappropriate or infringe on the rights of any third party, including,
without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark and/or other
intellectual property rights.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to reject, disqualify and remove any Submission that
contains offensive, inappropriate or derogatory material. Any Submission containing
such content may be deemed invalid at the discretion of the Promoter.
Page 3 of 3
21. Personal information provided by entrants will be used by the Promoter for the
purpose of conducting this competition and otherwise in accordance with contestants’
consent. The Promoter may disclose entrant’s personal information to its contractors
and agents in relation to the conduct of this competition. The Promoter’s privacy
policy is available at www.cottonon.com.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with
Instagram. By entering, entrants agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify
Instagram from and against any claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of
action, losses or costs arising out of their participation in the promotion.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the Competition Period at any time.