Coopers Brewery – Win 1/3 Yours And Owls Weekender Tickets (prize valued at $1,307)
Yours and Owls Festival Ticket Competition
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Promotion commences at 11:59am (ACST) on Monday 4th of September, 2017 and
ends at 11:59pm (ACST) on Saturday 16th September 2017 (“Promotional Period”).
3. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over (“Eligible
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated
with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the
following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or
by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt,
niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. To enter:
a. Visit the Coopers Brewery website at https://www.coopers.com.au and
access the online entry form for the promotion, fully complete the online
b. Consent to receive marketing communications from Coopers Brewery and
c. Submit by 11:59pm on Saturday 16th of September 2017
6. The cost of accessing the website will depend on the entrant’s individual Internet
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and
entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to
disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these
Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions
may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce
any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. One entry per person, per day.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry
will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be
an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any
third party rights. Three winners will be contacted by email.
12. Prize consists of one (1) double weekender passes to Yours and Owls Festival 2017
(September 30th – October 1st 2017) for the winner and one guest (valued at
$435.60). There are three (3) double weekender passes to be won (total value of
prize pool is $1,306.80). All other ancillary costs including but not limited to
insurance, taxes (excluding GST), travel, meals, drinks, transfers and any and all
other expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for any costs or expenses associated with attending
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or
disrupted in any way by a cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter
(including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest,
strikes, tampering, computer bugs or viruses or technical failures), the Promoter
reserves the right, subject to any written directions of the lottery authorities, to
cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Promotion.
16. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to
substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to
any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
18. If Coopers Brewery is unable to contact the winner within 30 days of the draw and
Coopers Brewery has made every effort to contact them with the information
provided by the entrant then Coopers Brewery will award the prize to another valid
19. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in
the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the
same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of
promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products
manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
20. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted
as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised,
intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the
fullest extent permitted by law a. to disqualify any entrant; or b. subject to any
written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or
cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s
responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to
limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the
Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the
ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of
Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law
be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its
respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including
negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way
out of the promotion.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the NonExcludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is
not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal
injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect,
special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under
the Promoter’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected
(whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason
beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e. if the party event is postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter;
f. any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
g. attendance at the prize event.
24. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner may be required to sign any legal
documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers
in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity
25. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and
may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not
limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to
Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the
information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes,
including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should
direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
All entries become the property of the Promoter.
26. The Promoter is Coopers Brewery Limited (ABN 13 007 871 409) of 461 South Road,
Regency Park, South Australia 5010.