Compare The Market – Win One of Three Bill-Busting Prizes Worth $20000 (prize valued at $60,000)
Win 1 of 3 $20,000 Bill Busting Prizes Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Promoter is Compare the Market Pty Ltd ABN 83 117 323 378, of Level 2, 88 Jephson St,
Toowong 4066 (Promoter). Authorised under NSW Authority No. TP/00214, ACT Permit No. TP
20/01093.1, SA Permit No. T20/968.
2. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prize form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is only open to residents of Australia. The directors, management and employees (and their
immediate families) of the Promoter and its related entities, suppliers, providers and agencies that
are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
4. The Promotion starts at 12:01AM (AEST) on 01/09/2020 and ends at 11:59PM (AEDT) on
31/10/2020 (Promotion Period).
5. To be entered into the prize draw, during the Promotion Period you must:
a. purchase an Eligible Policy through the Promoter’s website
(www.comparethemarket.com.au) or the Promoter’s call centre on 1800 554 815 (or
partner web/phone services as required to complete the policy transaction);
b. provide proper contact details to the Promoter and our partners from which you purchase
an Eligible Policy; and
c. maintain the Eligible Policy for a minimum of 30 days.
6. Eligible Policies are Health Insurance (excluding overseas visitor cover), Car Insurance (excluding
roadside assist) and Home and Contents Insurance.
7. Eligible entrants will receive one entry into the prize draw for each Eligible Policy purchased
during the Promotion Period (provided that the transaction is Eligible in accordance with the terms
outlined in paragraph 5).
8. In the event an Eligible Policy is held by more than one person, only one entry will be issued to the
first named policy holder of the Policy.
9. There is a limit of 1 entry per household, per Eligible Policy type. Each entry must be submitted
separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
10. There is a limit of 1 prize per household (except for SA residents).
11. The first 3 Eligible entries randomly drawn from all entries received during the Promotion Period
will each win $20,000.00 (Prize).
12. The random draw to determine the winners of the Prize will take place at 11:00AM (AEDT) on
01/12/2020 at Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade, Cromer NSW 2099.
13. The total individual Prize value is capped at $20,000.00. The total value of the prize pool is
$60,000.00 (Prize Pool). The Prize will be issued via electronic transfer and is not transferable or
exchangeable. The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts
no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. Independent
financial advice should be sought.
14. Each winner will be notified in writing and by telephone within 1 business day of the Prize draw.
The name and locality of each Prize winner will be published on the Promoter’s website within 4
business days after the Prize draw. All reasonable steps to notify each winner of the results of the
Promotion will be taken by the Promoter.
Prize re-draw if required
15. If a Prize remains unclaimed by 11:00AM (AEDT) on 02/03/2021 whether because a winner:
a. cannot be contacted;
b. is not Eligible or entitled to the Prize for a reason set out in these Terms and Conditions; or
c. otherwise has not claimed the Prize,
then the Promoter will conduct a further Prize draw at the same time and place on 03/03/2021 to
determine a replacement winner, and that person will be notified in writing and by telephone within
2 business days of the draw and the name and locality of the winner will be published on the
Promoter’s website and social media by 05/03/2021 for a period of 28 days.
16. In the event that a Prize is not awarded from the advertised prize pool, this information will be
published on the Promoter’s website on 15/04/2021.
17. Entrants must not:
a. provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information in relation to the Promotion;
b. engage in any unlawful or improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper
conduct of the promotion; or
c. use any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows
an entrant to automatically make repeated entries.
18. Any entrant or entry that breaches these Terms and Conditions will be invalid and void.
19. Purchases of Eligible Policies must be completed during the Promotion Period and will be deemed
to be completed for the purpose of allocating an entry into the Promotion only when confirmation of
the sale is received by the Promoter.
20. Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal
functioning of the promotional website or the information on the promotional website, or to otherwise
undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws
and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right
to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any
costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by
an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to request each winner to produce (within the requested time)
appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole
discretion) in order to confirm their Eligibility under the promotion, identity, age, eligibility to enter
and claim a Prize, and any information submitted by them upon entering the promotion, before
issuing a Prize.
22. Prizes must be taken as and when offered or will be forfeited, and if forfeited, the Promoter will not
23. If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, your entry
will be invalid (at the Promoter’s discretion).
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between an entrant and any person with whom
they choose to, or choose not to, share a Prize.
25. If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or
claiming a Prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider your point of view, taking into
account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time.
In all other respects, the Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this promotion is final.
26. The Promoter is not liable for entries, Prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced,
misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
27. By entering, entrants request that their full address not be published.
28. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including for
negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable
Consumer Guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss
and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i)
technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials
related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in
the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays
or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries,
Prize claims or the Prize; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of the Prize. The Promoter will not be
responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of,
or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the
reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
29. If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter’s
reasonable control, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster
(including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention,
technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity
or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize or
prizes to the same value as the Prize, subject to any written directions made under applicable State
or Territory legislation.
30. As a condition of entering this promotion, an entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner,
the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film
and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further
notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing
the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured,
distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner,
the entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as
requested by the Promoter and its agents.
31. An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at the time of entry, the
property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about an entrant to include
the entrant in the promotion and, where appropriate, award the Prize. The Promoter may collect
your personal information directly or through the Promoter’s partners, agents or contractors. The
Promoter will use your personal information to conduct and manage the competition. The Promoter
may disclose your personal information to the Promoter’s related companies, agents and
contractors to assist in conducting this competition, communicating with you or storing data. An
entrant also agrees that the Promoter may, in the event the entrant is a winner, publish or cause to
be published the entrant winner’s name and locality in any media, as required under the relevant
State or Territory lottery legislation. An entrant can gain access to, update or correct any personal
information held by the Promoter, complain about a breach of privacy and how the Promoter will
deal with such a complaint by contacting the Promoter at: Level 2, 80 Jephson Street, Toowong
Qld 4066 or email@example.com. The Promoter is bound by the Privacy Principles
of personal information is available online or may be obtained by contacting the Promoter.
32. By entering the promotion, an entrant also acknowledges that a further primary purpose for
collection of the entrant’s personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use
the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact the entrant
in the future with information on special offers or to provide the entrant with marketing materials via
33. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social
media platform, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You provide your information to the
Promoter and not to any social media platform. You completely release any relevant social media
platforms from any and all liability.