Cleo Bachelor – Cast your vote for a chance to Win a Renault Clio
Cleo Bachelor of the Year 2014
Voting Terms and Conditions
1. During the Cleo Bachelor of the Year 2014 Competition, readers will be able to cast their votes for their preferred nominee (“Bachelor”) using the “Voting Service” (as defined in clause 9 below) to support the Bachelor’s progress to be deemed the winner of Cleo Bachelor of the Year 2014.
2. Information on How to Vote forms part of these Terms and Conditions. The Voting Service is governed by these Terms and Conditions (available at http://www.cleo.com.au/bachelors/ ) and your use of the Voting Service constitutes your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Bauer Media (Promoter and the “Voting Service Provider”) take no responsibility for any user errors made during voting using the Voting Service, including incorrect responses received and incorrect votes submitted, and will not be liable for any costs incurred as a result of user error.
4. The entire voting period will commence at 00:01am (AEST) on 25th August 2014 and will close at 17:00pm (AEST) on 3 October 2014.
5. Voting open and close times may vary. Bauer Media reserves the right to amend the Voting Period at any time, including but not limited to any changes in the Cleo Bachelor of the year event schedule.
6. In the event that the Voting Period changes, vote open and close times will be announced via the Cleo website at http://www.cleo.com.au/bachelors/ and will also be communicated via Cleo Australia Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/CLEOAustralia)
7. Bauer Media accepts no responsibility or liability for any costs (including but not limited to access costs) incurred or other consequences as a result of a user submitting a Vote outside of the promoted Voting Period as detailed on http://www.cleo.com.au/bachelors/ . If users cast a vote outside of the eligible Voting Period an appropriate voting closed message will be delivered.
8. Voting is available to users who have access to Cleo website http://www.cleo.com.au/bachelors/ page. Please note that access to Cleo website Voting Application may be limited on some mobile, tablet and other portable devices. It is the users responsibility to check their ability to check the functionality of the Application on their device prior to voting.
9. To cast a Vote, Readers must: a. Visit Cleo website at http://www.cleo.com.au/bachelors/ and follow the prompts; b. Click on the Vote button as indicated on the Bachelor you wish to vote for; c. Fill in the entry form including full name, address, current email address and daytime telephone number; and d. Submit the vote and entry as instructed.
10. There is a vote limit of thirty (30) votes per day per person (user), during the Voting Period as outlined in clause 4 above. The per user vote limit will reset at midnight (AEST) every day during the entire Voting Period.
11. Voting is free. Any costs associated with accessing Cleo website, are the responsibility of the person seeking access and reliant on the user’s internet service provider.
12. Bauer Media is not responsible for any technical issues that result in the failure of the functionality described above being properly executed on Cleo website.
13. Bauer Media is not responsible if for any reason whatsoever a user is unable to access the Cleo website at the time they intend on doing so. For any issues relating to access on Cleo website – please refer to the respective Cleo website guidelines.
14. Bauer Media reserve the right to keep all Vote Results confidential. Other than the Vote Results required to (without limitations) be revealed to maintain the format of the competition, meet legal requirements etc. Vote Results will not be made available to the public.
15. Bauer Media reserves the right at its sole discretion to invalidate, discount or disqualify any votes (or individuals casting votes):
a. That tamper with, or attempt to tamper with, the Voting Service and/or process; or
b. Which corrupt or impact, or attempt to corrupt or impact, the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Voting Service (including a Cleo website voting mechanism) and/or the process; or
c. That Bauer Media believe to be submitted via an automated process, including but not limited to computer modems, programs, scripts or any other means other than the Vote Service specified in these Terms and Conditions, will be deemed invalid and discounted; or
d. That Bauer Media considers to be manipulative, unrepresentative, disproportionate, obscene or offensive.
16. Users acknowledge that any votes that are discounted, invalidated, or disqualified, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be done so at the absolute discretion of Bauer Media and will still be subject to the charges and costs outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
17. In the event that there is a tied result, Bauer Media, appointed Cleo Editorial representatives and any other appointed judges by the Promoter will determine the manner in which the final outcome will be decided and judged.
18. Bauer Media’s decision in relation to all issues related to voting is final and binding on all who participate in relation to the Program and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. All Australian residents with valid and completed votes/entries will be automatically entered into the draw to win the major prize. Entrants under the age of 18 years must have prior parental or legal guardian consent to enter the draw. The draw will take place on 7 October 2014 at 11.00am (AEST) at Bauer Media premises, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000. The winner will be notified in writing and by telephone using the contact details given in their entry. The winner’s name will be published on the CLEO website at http://www.cleo.com.au/bachelors/ on 8 October 2014 for 28 days from the publishing date.
20. If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 7 January 2015 at the same time and place as the original draws in order to distribute any unclaimed. Any winner from this draw will be notified by email and their name will be published on in the public notices section of the Australian on 12 January 2015.
21. The first valid entry drawn from all valid entries received during the voting period will win: A Clio Dynamique TCe 120 EDC valued at up to $29,990 (including GST) (value may vary depending on winner’s state of residence). Prize value includes 12-months registration and on road costs but excludes comprehensive insurance (WA with customisation options)
22. The Prize (car) must be chosen from the preselected pool of cars specified by Renault Australia (prize supplier). The colour of the prize will be based on availability. Colour of vehicle is at the sole discretion of the Promoter and prize supplier.
23. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf. Any additional optional extras and accessories, comprehensive insurance and any other insurance, fuel personal costs, transport and damage from date of delivery and any other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are excluded and are the responsibility of the Winner. Subject to agreement by the supplying dealer, stock availability and subject to the Winner agreeing to pay any additional amount requested by the supplying dealer, the Winner may choose to include optional extras and accessories. Except as expressly stated in these conditions, the supplying dealer will not provide a substitute model. The supplying dealer will not exchange the prize for cash.
24. It is a condition of winning that the prize winner provides the Promoter with their full name, address, license and a copy of their current Australian driver’s license prior to the awarding of the prize. Winner must have a current valid Australian driver’s license. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the vehicle in their own name, then such winner may assign the vehicle prize to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the vehicle is awarded.
25. The Winner must provide all information and sign all documentation necessary to enable Promoter to register the prize in the Winner’s name prior to collection. Receipt of the prize is subject to the Winner being able to lawfully take possession of the prize and comply with all registration and compulsory third party insurance requirements of the State/Territory in which the Winner elects to register the prize.
26. The Winner must collect their prize from their nearest dealership, as specified by the Promoter, and the prize must be registered prior to collection. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any mechanical, body or paint repairs from the date and time of delivery. Comprehensive insurance, Petrol/ fuel/ diesel costs and any other ongoing costs are the responsibility of the winner
27. If the Winner is unable to collect the prize, the Winner may incur cost of transporting the prize, if needed, from their nearest dealership to an alternate prize claim point as nominated by the Winner and deemed acceptable by the Promoter. Any costs associated with the transport of the prize to an alternate location will be responsibility of the Winner.
28. The external and interior colour of the prize is subject to availability at time of redemption of prize. Any colour or number plate details for the vehicle used in the promotional material are representational only.
29. Bauer Media reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
30. All content for the Voting Service is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Your mobile telephone carrier and its suppliers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Your mobile telephone carrier, Bauer Media do not warrant that access to either the Cleo website or the Voting Service will be available, uninterrupted, free from delay or error-free or that any defects will be corrected. 31. Bauer Media will not accept responsibility for any votes not received (or delayed) for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, any votes not registered due to technical disruptions, network congestion, network failures or any other reason. A vote is validated and included in the vote count only after receipt into the relevant database.
32. Bauer Media will not accept responsibility for any attempted votes received outside of the relevant Voting Period.
33. If for any reason the Voting Service is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Bauer Media, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Voting Service, Bauer Media reserve the right to take any action that may be available to reach a final voting result from any and all legitimate voting data available.
34. Bauer Media is not liable to you in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred by you or which may arise directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Voting Service.
35. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the user to automatically enter repeatedly are not valid and will not be accepted, and may at Bauer Media’s complete discretion render all votes submitted by that participant invalid.
36. At its sole discretion and without notice, Bauer Media may eliminate or disqualify any bachelor (nominee) at any time from the competition. Bauer Media’s decision in this matter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In this event, voters acknowledge that if the Bachelor for which they have voted is eliminated or disqualified, votes made in relation to such Bachelor will not count in determining the Bachelor’s progress through Cleo Bachelor of the Year 2014 competition nor will these votes be transferred to any other nominee.
37. All information, text, audio, material, graphics, software and advertisements contained in or forming the Voting Service (the “Content”) is owned or licensed by Bauer Media. The Content is protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark laws. You must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this Content in any way unless expressly authorised in writing by Shine.
38. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
39. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
40. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
41. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
42. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
43. The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
44. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
45. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
46. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
47. If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
48. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
49. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
50. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
51. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
53. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546), Address:
54 Park Street Sydney NSW 2000, Telephone: 02 9282 8000. 54. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW:LTPS/14/05767 ACT: TP14/02530 VIC:14/4720 SA:T14/1341