Channel Ten – Win a Prize In this Competition (prize valued at $3,000)
Crown Perth Race Day Competition T&Cs Page 1 of 6
Crown Perth Race Day Competition ” Network 10
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Crown Perth Race
Day Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Western Australia only. However, employees and the
immediate families of Network TEN Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies
and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize are
not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Western Australia at the time of entry, or their
entry may be deemed invalid.
3. Entrants must be aged 18 years of age and over.
4. If the Major Prize Winner is unable to complete the travel to Crown Towers Perth (Great
Eastern Highway Burswood, Perth WA 6100) on November 4th
2019 they will forfeit the
prize in full and a re-draw will take place as specified in these terms and conditions.
5. The competition commences on Friday 18th
October 2019 at 12:00 AEST and closes on Sunday
October 2019 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
6. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network 10, www.10play.com.au.
How to Enter
7. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Log on to 10play.com.au/win and register their details including (but not limited to)
name, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth, to become a 10 Play
8. It is free to become a 10 Play member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website
is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in
conjunction with the 10 Members rules.
9. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
10. A limit of one online entry per day per 10 Play member applies. One membership per person
11. Entrants who have won a prize in any Network 10 competition in the past 12 months are not
eligible to win a prize in this competition.
Crown Perth Race Day Competition T&Cs Page 2 of 6
12. Entries must be received by Sunday 27th
October 2019 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the Prize
Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered
into the Prize Draw.
13. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s
database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due
to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
14. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
15. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss,
damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use
another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
17. In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits
the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s
participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network 10 or the advertising or
marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the Winner will not be
entitled to any fee for such use.
18. The Prize Draw will be held on Monday 28th
October 2019 after 1:00 AEST at Network 10, 1
Saunders St, Pyrmont, NSW, 2009.
19. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by a phone call within one (1) day of the draw and in
writing and the Winner’s details will be published on the 10 Play website at 10play.com.au from
20. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
21. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Network 10, 1 Saunders St, Pyrmont,
NSW, 2009 on Wednesday 30th
October 2019 after 10:00 AEST. The unclaimed prize Winner
will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s details will be published on the
10 Play website at 10play.com.au from Thursday 31st
October 2019 after 10:00 AEST.
Crown Perth Race Day Competition T&Cs Page 3 of 6
22. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win
the following prize package each:
Number Prize Details
Up to AUD
One (1) x
– Two nights stay at Crown Towers Perth (2 x premier
twins on 4th
November 2019) for winner and 3
– 4 tickets to Classique at Crown Ballroom
– $1000 AUD Crown gift card
inc. GST (AUD)
TOTAL PRIZE VALUED AT UP TO ($AUD) $4,200
inc. GST (AUD)
23. The total Prize Pool is valued at up to $4,200 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date.
24. Daily breakfast is not included as part of prize package. $1000 Crown Gift card can be used to
pay for daily breakfast for winner and 3 companions.
25. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the
responsibility of the Winner.
26. The Major Prize Winner and their companions are responsible for all other expenses including
spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified)
incidentals, gratuities and all other ancillary costs.
27. The Prize Winner, and its invited guests, must comply with Crown Perth policies and
procedures, including Terms of Entry (www.crownperth.com.au/general/terms-of-entry) .
28. The Prize Winner, and its invited guests, must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the
Major Prize redemption and must not be barred from entry into Crown Perth.
29. Crown Perth practises the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
30. The Major Prize Winner and their companions must make their own way to and from the Crown
Perth Sports Bar on the date specified and no compensation will be provided for any costs
associated with doing so.
31. These terms and conditions are in addition to terms applicable to supply of components of the
Prize, including terms applicable to entry to games and Crown venues.
32. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be
taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not
entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in
conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. The Prize Winner is advised that
tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial
advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
Crown Perth Race Day Competition T&Cs Page 4 of 6
33. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs
associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Winner.
34. The Major Prize must be completed on the dates specified in clause 4, is subject to availability.
Restaurants and beverages are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may
be offered dependent on availability.
35. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State
36. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the
delivery of the prize.
37. The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
38. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner and their companions must comply with
all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
39. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at
the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the
Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
40. Personal information about the prize Winner will be shared with the prize provider, and their
agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winner.
41. If the Major Prize Winner does not provide proof of meeting the valid entry requirements, the
Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be
held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
42. Once confirmed in writing, the names of those attending are not changeable. The Promoter and
Crown Perth (Prize Provider) do not accept responsibility for any fees incurred as a result of any
changes made and these costs will be borne by the Winner and their companion/s.
43. The Major Prize Winner and their companions must use the prize at the same time, on the date
specified. It is the Winner’s responsibility to organise transfers and cover associated costs to
and from the Winner and their travelling companion’s residence to the Crown Towers Perth –
Great Eastern Highway Burswood, Perth WA 6100.
44. The Major Prize Winner, or their companions, may be required to provide a credit card as a
security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
45. Network 10 and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual
associated with the provision of the Prize make no representation as to the safety conditions or
other issues that may exist at any destination.
46. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled on the specified date and they cannot be
split across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the
Crown Perth Race Day Competition T&Cs Page 5 of 6
time of booking.
47. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
48. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a
form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
49. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions
to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to
reallocate the Major Prize to a valid Winner.
50. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being
interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the
51. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition, subject to government legislation.
52. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances, the validity of your
entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be
determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a
Winner, the Winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that
the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of
their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the
Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal
53. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
Crown Perth Race Day Competition T&Cs Page 6 of 6
54. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government
55. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about you to enable you to participate in this promotion, but no further use of this information
will be made without prior consent.
56. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including
but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained
in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The
Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the
phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this
Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the
course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or
satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
57. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a
third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd.
Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and
Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of
public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s surname,
initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to
the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.
58. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network TEN Pty
access personal information that is held by Network TEN Pty Limited about you and seek
correction of such information. See https://www.cbsinteractive.com/legal/cbsi/privacy-
the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on our organisation and how Network TEN Pty
Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose your personal information to related
entities and third-party service providers outside Australia.
59. The Promoter is Network TEN Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont