Channel Ten – The Loop – Win 1 Of 75 Double Passes To The Sheppard Performance In Sydney On 31st August (prize valued at $300)
Twitter Sheppard Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition
is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate
families of Network TEN, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible
4. The competition commences on Wednesday 23rd August, 2017 at 09:00AM (AEST) and
concludes on Monday 28th August, 2017 at 09:00 AM (AEST).
5. The competition will be advertised during broadcast of The Loop on Saturday 26th
August, 2017, and at http://twitter.com/loopeleven.
6. To enter, participants must in 140 characters or less:
a. Log into their personal Twitter account
b. Post a Tweet answering the following question: “What do you love about
Sheppard and why?”
c. Include the hashtag #LoopSheppard in the tweet
7. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with
Twitter. You are providing your information to The Promoter and not to Twitter. The
information you provide will only be used for the purpose of this competition unless
otherwise specified in these terms and conditions.
8. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian
over the age of 18 to enter.
9. Inaudible, illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Entrants in the competition may enter as many times as they like as long as each entry
is significantly different from any previous entry. However, only one prize per person is
11. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of
residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity
(including phone bill or store receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize.
Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the
discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof,
the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry
which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity,
potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant
who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance
with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged
in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or
generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses
to register single or multiple entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner
if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type
described in this clause.
13. Entries must be received by Monday 28th August, 2017 at 09:00 am AEST. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any misdirected entries due to technical disruptions,
network congestion or for any other reason.
14. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
15. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s
individual Internet Service Provider.
16. The prize includes:
75 winners will each receive:
1 x double pass to the Sheppard performance at Twitter’s Sydney
Headquarters on Thursday 31st August, 2017 valued at up to $300 per double
Total prize pool is valued at a maximum of up to $22,500.00 (including GST)
17. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
18. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the
responsibility of the winner.
19. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to
substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all
aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a
winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely
participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be
required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute
21. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for
prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
22. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as
required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including
but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned
throughout the duration of the prize.
23. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby
assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material
created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The
winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights
in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby
permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during
the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN or the
advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and
the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
25. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the
prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be
forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the
26. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing
(inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value
between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
27. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result
of accepting the prize.
28. If the competition winner is under 15 years of age, the winner must be accompanied
by a parent or legal guardian 18 years or over.
29. Winners will be judged from all entries received throughout the promotional period and
75 winners will be selected by a judging panel at Network Ten, 1 Saunders Street,
Pyrmont, NSW, 2009 from 09:01 AM AEST on Monday 28th August, 2017. The Winners will
be the Entrants who, in the sole opinion of the judges, have submitted the most creative
and original answer to the question in point 5. The Prize Winners will be notified by Twitter
direct message within 24 hours of the Prize Determination Date. The Prize Winner may
be asked to follow @loopeleven in order for a direct message to be sent.
30. If a winner is under the age of 16, their guest must be a parent or legal guardian over
the age of 18 and must accompany them through all components of the Prize.
31. The Prize Winners may be asked to send an email to a relevant Network TEN e-mail
address verifying their identity and providing their details. If the Prize Winner does not
provide these details within 24 hours of the direct message, Network TEN reserves the
right to re-allocate the prize to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best
meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize.
32. The judge’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence
regarding the Competition result
33. Prizes will be awarded to persons named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be
awarded to the account holders of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e.
social media account holder).
34. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the
entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any
information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
35. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the
conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
36. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal
release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
37. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or
significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates
and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited
to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike,
war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the
competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions
38. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered
(including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury
suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which
cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or
inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment
or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error,
or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this
competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation
or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure,
theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
39. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in
any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and
proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or
other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
40. Network TEN and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility
for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration
of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
41. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due
to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud,
technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or
affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this
promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any
individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available,
and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition
42. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal
information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use
of this information will be made without prior consent.
43. You consent to the Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining
and notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be
disclosed to third party service providers for this purpose. Your personal information may
be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published
as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and
advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A
request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the
Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
44. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988
(Cth) and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to
how you may access personal information that is held by Network TEN about you and
seek correction of such information. See www.tenplay.com.au/privacypolicy to view
information about how you may complain about a breach of the APPs, or a registered
code that is binding on our organisation and how Network TEN will deal with such
complaints. We may disclose your personal information to related entities and third
party service providers in Australia.
45. The Promoter is Network TEN (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders St, Pyrmont NSW 2009.