Channel Ten-The Living Room/Shop-a-docket – Win a Prize In this Competition (prize valued at $100,000)
The Living Room Shop a Docket Promotion TCs 280318 FINAL Page 1 of 6
The Living Room Shop A Docket Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into The Living Room Shop
A Docket Promotion (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, however, employees and the
immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”), WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd
(Producers of The Living Room), Shop A Docket Pty Ltd, Ansible Pty Ltd and employees and
families of associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with
the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the
time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Friday 6 April 2018 at 19:30 AEST and closes on Sunday 23
September 2018 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”). Individual entry periods are listed below
in Table A. The draws will take place at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster St, Adelaide SA 5000
on the dates and times stipulated in Table A. The Major Prize Winners will be announced during
the broadcast of The Living Room on the dates stipulated in Table A, in writing, and via phone
within two (2) days of the in program announcement. Network Ten and/or WTFN Entertainment
may phone the Winner/s and/or have them come into the studio for the on air announcement,
this is at the discretion of the Promoter. The winner’s details will be published on the TENPlay
website at tenplay.com.au from the dates stipulated in Table A and may be announced on-air
during the broadcast of The Living Room on TEN.
Entries Open Entries Close Draw Date and Time Winner Announced in
1 Friday 6 April 2018
at 19:30 AEST
Sunday 22 April 2018
at 23:59 AEST
Monday 23 April 2018
at 11:00 AEST
Friday 27 April 2018 Monday 30 April 2018
2 Friday 4 May 2018
at 19:30 AEST
Sunday 20 May 2018
at 23:59 AEST
Monday 21 May 2018
at 11:00 AEST
Friday 25 May 2018 Monday 28 May 2018
Friday 6 July 2018
at 19:30 AEST
Sunday 22 July 2018
at 23:59 AEST
Monday 23 July 2018 at
Friday 27 July 2018 Monday 30 July 2018
Friday 3 August
2018 at 19:30 AEST
Sunday 26 August
2018 at 23:59 AEST
Monday 27 August
2018 at 11:00 AEST
Friday 31 August 2018
Monday 3 September
5 Friday 7 September
2018 at 19:30 AEST
Sunday 23 September
2018 at 23:59 AEST
Monday 24 September
2018 at 11:00 AEST
Friday 28 September
Monday 1 October
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN, www.tenplay.com.au.
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Watch the broadcast of The Living Room each Friday from 19:30 AEST/AEDT on Network
TEN and obtain the weekly code word, and either
b. Go to tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) weekly code
word, name, address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth to become
a TENPlay member, OR
The Living Room Shop a Docket Promotion TCs 280318 FINAL Page 2 of 6
c. SMS the weekly code word, first name, last name and email to 1999 1111 (Charge $0.55 –
Ansible Pty Ltd Helpline 1300 851 419), OR
d. CALL 1902 555 011 and register the weekly code word, full name, state, post code and
phone number (including STD area code) (Charge $0.55, calls from Mobile extra) Ansible
Pty Ltd Helpline 1300 851 419
6. It is free to become a TENPlay member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website
is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in
conjunction with the TEN Members rules.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants who have won a Major Prize in any Network Ten competition in the past 12 months
are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
9. Code words will be announced during the broadcast of The Living Room, currently scheduled to
air each week Friday at 19:30 local time, from Friday 6 April 2018 to Sunday 23 September 2018
inclusive as outlined in Table A. Each code word is valid until the next code word is announced.
The last code word, announced on Friday 21 September 2018 will be valid until the competition
closes on Sunday 23 September 2018 at 23:59 AEST.
10. If for any reason during the Competition Period any The Living Room episodes do not go to air
and the promotional code word is not displayed during any The Living Room episode or
replacement program, the promotional code word may be made available on The Living Room
Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/livingroomtv/ at a time to be determined by the
Promoter, in its sole discretion.
11. Entries will only be considered valid if the correct code word has been provided for the
corresponding broadcast period and entry phase. Any entry submitted with a code word that
has expired, due to a new code word being announced, will be deemed invalid.
12. A limit of one online entry per day per TENPlay member applies. Entrants can enter via SMS
and 1902 as many times as they like. Online and SMS entrants may opt in to receive more
information from Shop A Docket. Entrants who opt in online will be allowed one (1) Bonus
Entry per entry period.
13. Entries must be received by the closing dates and times for each entry period stipulated in Table
A to be included in the Prize Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the
Competition Period will be entered into the applicable Prize Draw.
14. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s
database or the SMS or 1902 entry is received by the Ansible Pty Ltd database. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions,
network congestion or for any other reason.
15. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be
responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this.
Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
The Living Room Shop a Docket Promotion TCs 280318 FINAL Page 3 of 6
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
17. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits
the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s
participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN, WTFN Entertainment, The
Living Room or the advertising or marketing thereof, in perpetuity, in any media whatsoever
throughout the world and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
18. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
19. If required, unclaimed prize draws will take place at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street,
Adelaide, South Australia 5000 on the dates stipulated in Table B. The Unclaimed Prize
Winner/s will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s initial, surname and
State will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from the dates stipulated in
Entry Period Unclaimed Prize Draw Date and Time Publication Date
1 Monday 23 July 2018 at 11:00 AEST Tuesday 24 July 2018
2 Tuesday 21 August 2018 at 11:00 AEST Wednesday 22 August 2018
3 Tuesday 31 October 2018 at 11:00 AEDT Wednesday 1 November 2018
4 Tuesday 27 November 2018 at 11:00 AEDT Wednesday 28 November 2018
5 Friday 11 January 2019 at 11:00 AEDT Monday 14 January 2019
20. There will be a total of Ten (10) Major Prize Winners, Two (2) per draw, drawn from all entries
received (Online, SMS, 1902) who will win the following prize package:
Number Prize Details AUD Value
10 x Major
1 x $10,000 cash prize $10,000.00
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE – AUD $100,000.00
21. The total Prize Pool is valued at $100,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter and its officers,
employees and agents accept no responsibility for any change in prize value between now and
the ultimate prize redemption date.
22. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the
responsibility of the Winner.
23. All prizes are non-transferrable. No alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken
as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize that the winner is not
entitled to, is not exchangeable. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special
The Living Room Shop a Docket Promotion TCs 280318 FINAL Page 4 of 6
offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any
variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from
their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of
24. Prize monies will be transferred into the bank account nominated by the Winner. The Promoter
and its officers, employees and agents are neither responsible nor liable for the Winner not
receiving prize funds as a result of incorrect bank account number details or other details
affecting the transfer.
25. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges they may incur ongoing costs associated
with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Winner.
26. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State
27. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
28. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of
use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
29. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at
the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the
Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
30. Personal information about all prize Winners will be shared with the prize provider, their agents
and WTFN Entertainment, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize
31. If the Major Prize Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid
entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner will have no further
claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
32. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
33. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in
a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
34. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions
to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to
reallocate the Major Prize to a valid Winner.
35. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being
The Living Room Shop a Docket Promotion TCs 280318 FINAL Page 5 of 6
interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the
36. WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd may wish to film the participants receiving their prize or
participating in the Winner announcement The entrant gives permission for the filmed vision to
be used by WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd in perpetuity, in any media whatsoever throughout the
world and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. For the avoidance of doubt,
this includes but is not limited to the broadcast of The Living Room on Network TEN, online and
through unlimited social media platforms and any repeat episodes. The Winner/s may need to
make themselves available for filming at a date nominated by WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd,
with details to be determined in conjunction with WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd.
37. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition, subject to government legislation.
38. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of
your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. The method of validation (without limitation)
will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed
to be a Winner, the Winner will be notified in accordance with these terms and conditions. In
the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the
verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined
by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal
39. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
40. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government
The Living Room Shop a Docket Promotion TCs 280318 FINAL Page 6 of 6
41. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including
but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained
in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The
Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the
phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this
Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the
course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or
satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
42. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). As such, your personal information may be disclosed
to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to WTFN
Entertainment Pty Ltd, Ansible Pty Ltd and Shop A Docket Pty Ltd. Your personal information
may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ first name, surname
and State published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public
statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s first name,
surname and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed
to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
43. By choosing to opt in, you consent to The Promoter providing your personal information to
Shop A Docket Pty Ltd for the purposes of sending you information regarding products and
services available through them. Shop A Docket Pty Ltd is required to handle your personal
information (e.g. first name, last name, address, suburb, state, postcode, phone number, email
updated from time to time and it will be the entrant’s responsibility to keep up to date with any
Shop A Docket by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
44. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network Ten Pty
access personal information that is held by Network Ten Pty Limited about you and seek
correction of such information. See www.tenplay.com.au/privacypolicy to view Network Ten
information about how you may complain about a breach of the APPs, or a registered code that
is binding on how Network Ten Pty Limited will deal with such complaints. Network Ten may
disclose your personal information to related entities and third party service providers outside
45. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont
46. Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 18/00575, NSW: LTPS/18/22995, SA: T18/503.