Channel 9 – The Block – Win a $10,000 luxury Sheridan home makeover
The Block Terms & Conditions (“Conditions of Entry”)
The Block Sheridan competition
Nine Network Australia Pty Ltd ABN 88 008 685 407, 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby, NSW 2068, Australia. Ph: (02) 9906 9999
Start date: 04/09/17 at 09:00 am AEST End date: 10/09/17 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 13 years and over. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must, during the Promotional Period, visit https://www.facebook.com/TheBlock follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page, fully complete the entry form with all requested details and an answer to the promotional question: Tell us in 25 words or less why your home needs a Sheridan makeover.
Only one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Total Prize Pool:
$10,000 Sheridan voucher
Number of this prize
Judging 11/09/17 at 10:00 am AEST
No part of this prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
The winner can purchase Sheridan products of their choice in store and online. The voucher is valid for 12 months from date of issue.
The winner will be contacted by contact details give in their entry within three (3) days of the judging.
In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry, conduct a further judging to award the prize, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
a) The winners will be determined by representatives of the Promoter. Each entry will be judged on the basis of the
individual creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
i) The best one (1) valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win the prize specified in the Schedule above.
ii) The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in
order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
iii) The winner will be determined by skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges’ decision is final
and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
8. If the winner chooses not to (or is unable to) take their prize or a portion of their prize, or for any reason whatsoever the
winner does not take their prize or a portion of their prize at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize
or that portion of the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to offer a substitute or compensation.
9. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the entrant following and acting in accordance with
Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php). This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php. Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook. The entrant releases Facebook and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
10. Thevalueoftheprizesisaccurateandbasedupontherecommendedretailvalueoftheprizes(inclusiveofGST)atthedate of creation of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
11. Ifanywinnerchoosesnotto(orisunableto)taketheirprizeoraportionoftheirprize,orforanyreasonwhatsoevera winner does not take their prize or a portion of their prize at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize or that portion of the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to offer a substitute or compensation.
12. NoentryfeeischargedbythePromotertoenterthePromotion.Whereentryisallowedonline,thereisnoadditionalcostto enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
13. Eachprizewillbeawardedtothepersonnamedintherespectivewinningentryandanyentrythatismadeonbehalfofan entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
15. ThePromoterreservestherighttorefusetoallowawinnertotakepartinanyorallaspectsofaprize,ifthePromoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if
under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release or other legal document as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release or other legal document on the winner’s behalf.
16. IfaprizeisprovidedtothePromoterbyathirdparty,theprizeissubjecttothetermsandconditionsofthethirdpartyprize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
17. Anyguaranteeorwarrantygivenisinadditiontoanyrelevantstatutoryguaranteesandwarrantiesandnothinginthese Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
18. IfforanyreasonanyaspectofthisPromotionisnotcapableofrunningasplanned,withoutlimitation,includingbyreasonof computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
19. ThePromoterreservestheright,atanytime,tovalidateandchecktheauthenticityofentriesandentrant’sdetails(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute or compensation will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing (in the opinion of the Promoter) objectional content including offensive or defamatory images or language, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
20. Allmaterialsubmittedonentry(e.g.photo(s),image(s),drawing(s),comment(s),sound/videorecording(s)andanswer(s)to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be (in the opinion of the Promoter) defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph.The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the
entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
21. ThePromoterreservestherighttodisqualifyentriesintheeventofnon-compliancewiththeseConditionsofEntry.Inthe event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. ThePromoteranditsassociatedagenciesandcompanieswillnotbeliableforanyloss(including,withoutlimitation,indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
23. Theentrantwillparticipateinandco-operateasrequiredwithallreasonablemarketingandeditorialactivitiesrelatingtothe Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
24. ThePromoteracceptsnoresponsibilityforanytaximplicationsandtheentrantmustseektheirownindependentfinancial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.