Capricornia News-The Morning Bulletin – Is Deemed Acceptance of These Terms and Conditions (prize valued at $1,000)
Website Digital Promotion
Promoter: Vicinity Centres PM Pty Ltd ABN 96 101 504 045, as disclosed agent for the
owners of the Shopping Centre, Melbourne Corporate Office, Level 4,
Chadstone Tower One, 1341 Dandenong Rd, Chadstone VIC 3148
Win a $100 Furla Voucher
FURLA AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
ABN 96 166 798 723
Prize(s): 3 x $100 Furla Vouchers
valued at [$100] each
Start Date and
11:00am] [AEDT] on Monday
End Date and
11:59pm AEDT on 22ND
Queen Victoria Building Shopping
455 George Street
Sydney New South Wales
Proof of entry: Sign up to QVB newsletter
and tell us in 25 words or
less what you wish for this
lunar new year
State/Territory New South Wales
25th February 2019 at
FURLA AUSTRALIA PTY
Vicinity Centres PM Pty Ltd (ABN 96 101 504 045) (‘We’, ‘Our’ or ‘Us’) on behalf of the Shopping
Centre collects your personal information in order to run this Promotion, understand your interests
and activities in relation to centres which we manage as well as plan, operate and manage these
centres and the digital channels through which we engage with you. Where you consent to us doing
so, we also use your personal information to contact you with centre news updates, events and
promotions. We may disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate and service
providers, including those located in the USA and Singapore. We also de-identify and aggregate your
(http://vicinity.com.au/privacy-policy) provides more information about how we handle personal
information and how you can contact us to access, correct or complain about our handling of personal
Terms and Conditions
1. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. Sign up to receive the QVB newsletter and “tell us in 25 words or less what your Lunar
New Year wish is” competition form and ensure that you obtain consent from any
individual whose personal information has been captured in the Post for their details to
be posted and published for inclusion in this Promotion; and
2. Entrants must be 15 years or older to enter the Promotion and may only enter this Promotion
once. throughout the Promotion Period. All Entrants under the age of 18:
a. must have prior consent from their parent or guardian before entering the Promotion and
must be able to provide evidence of such consent on request; and
b. shall have a Prize awarded to their nominated parent/guardian upon presentation of
photo identification if they win and the parent/guardian shall be deemed the Winner for
the purposes of these terms and conditions.
3. The Prize/s will be awarded via a random automated draw at 11:00am AEDT at Queen Victoria
Building Management Office at the Shopping Centre.
4. Winner/s will have their name published at QVB Website on 25th February for a period of 28
days. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant:
a. gives the Shopping Centre and the Promoter authority to publicly announce and publish
their name (should they be a Winner or Replacement Winner); and
b. grants the Promoter a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable,
royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish
or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their
Entry and/or Post, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each Entrant
consents to the Promoter, the Shopping Centre or their respective agents, employees,
contractors or sub-licensees doing anything in relation to such use which might otherwise
infringe the Entrant’s moral rights and warrants that they have full authority to grant such
5. The Promotion shall run from the Start Date and Time to the End Date and Time (Promotion Period)
and is promoted by the Promoter on behalf of the Shopping Centre. The Promotion is not valid in
conjunction with any other offer.
6. All entrants (Entrants) acknowledge and agree that their entry into the Promotion is subject to, and they
must adhere to, these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions or alterations to
these terms and conditions as set out by the Promoter from time to time. Information about Prizes and
how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. Entries not in accordance with these terms and
conditions are invalid. The Promoter may, at any time, require Entrants to produce documentation to
establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of Entries (including receipts and documentation
establishing identity, age, place of residence and place of employment of Entrants). Failure by the
Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
7. The Promotion is open to all residents of the State except: employees, contractors, agents of Prize
Supplier(s) and Shopping Centre sponsors of the Promotion and their immediate families; employees
of the Promoter or a related body corporate and their immediate families; tenants in the Shopping Centre
and their immediate families; the staff of tenants in the Shopping Centre and their immediate families;
the contractors of tenants in the Shopping Centre and their immediate families; the proprietors and staff
of companies involved in the production, publishing and administration of the Promotion and their
immediate families. Immediate families means spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether
natural or by adoption) and grandparents. Tenant means lessees, licensees and, in the case of a
corporation, includes their directors.
8. The Winner/s are eligible to win the Prize(s) as specified by the Promoter. All available Prizes are
collectively valued at the Prize Pool Total Value. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion
to disqualify any Entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms
and conditions, or engaged in unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and
proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter reserves its rights to recover damages or other
compensation from such a person.
9. The Prizes are supplied by the Prize Supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions
of the Prize Supplier(s). Any warranty on the goods and services obtained as a result of a Prize remains
the sole responsibility of the relevant Prize Supplier.
10. The Prize/s will be awarded in descending order of value to valid Entrant/s whose valid Entry is randomly
drawn in the Draw (Winner/s). The Promoter may draw additional reserve Entries in the Draw and
record them in order, in case a Winner is deemed invalid or a Prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
11. Winning Entries drawn in a Draw must conform to all terms and conditions. No responsibility will be
accepted for late, lost, illegible, incorrectly submitted or incomplete Entries. Entries which contain
incorrect contact details shall be deemed invalid.
12. The Promoter and Centre Management reserve the right to remove any Entry that contains offensive,
inappropriate or derogatory material. Any Entry containing such content shall be deemed invalid.
13. Any decision made by Centre Management at the Shopping Centre in respect of the Promotion or a
Prize is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Winner/s do not need to be present at the Draw(s) and will be notified via the social media platform
on which they entered within 2 days of the Draw or re-draw. The Winner/s must respond as directed
during the Winner Contact Period to claim their Prize. Centre Management for the Shopping Centre will
arrange a time with the Winner/s to collect the Prize.
15. If a Winner cannot be contacted (i.e. attempts to contact the Winner have met with failure) or does not
claim the Prize or the Shopping Centre does not receive any return communication within the Winner
Contact Period following a Draw , the Winner will no longer be entitled to a Prize and the Promoter may
award the Prize to a Reserve Entrant and/or undertake a re-draw at the Shopping Centre on the next
business day after the Winner Contact Period has ended. In such case, the Reserve Entrant or the first
valid Entry drawn in the re-draw will be entitled to the Prize (Replacement Winner). The Replacement
Winner is then the Winner of the Prize for the purposes of these terms and conditions. Replacement
Winner/s will have their name published at the same location as specified in 4 above on the next
business day after the Prize is awarded to them, for a period of 28 days.
16. If a Prize is unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of
equal or greater value, subject to any applicable statutory requirements.
17. Proof of identity will be required to claim a Prize. A Prize must be taken as offered, is not transferable,
refundable or exchangeable for cash or kind and is subject to these terms and conditions. The Promoter
is not responsible for any change in Prize value.
18. Winner/s must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter
requires, without any compensation. Winner/s consent to the Promoter using their names and images
in any promotional or advertising activity.
19. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any
statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
20. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter, the Shopping Centre owners and their respective
related entities, officers, employees, contractors and agents shall not be liable (including in negligence)
for any loss, liability, cost, damage, personal injury, illness, death, expense or claim whatsoever which
is suffered (including but not limited to personal injury and indirect, special or consequential economic
loss) as a result of the Promotion or in connection with a Prize except for any liability which under statute
cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
21. All internet, mobile phone and/or SMS charges in relation to the Promotion are the sole responsibility
of the Entrant.
22. If the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way by any cause
outside the reasonable control of the Promoter or the Promotion is not capable of running as planned
(including, but not limited to, by reason of misdirected Entries, tampering, unauthorized intervention,
fraud or technical failure, software, hardware or communications issues or tampering), the Promoter
reserves the right (in its absolute discretion) to (subject to any statutory requirements) suspend, modify,
cancel, recommence or terminate the Promotion as appropriate.
23. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social
media platform provider (including, but not limited to, the providers of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
or any of their related entities (Provider).
24. Each Entrant agrees to release any Provider from all liability in connection with, or in relation to, the
25. The terms and conditions of the Promotion do not intend to conflict with, or derogate from, a Provider’s
terms and conditions of use, statement of rights and responsibilities (if any), data use policy or any other
terms and conditions imposed by the relevant Provider on Entrants from time to time to use the relevant
social media platform.
26. Any provision of these terms and conditions which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is
ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. That does not
invalidate the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions nor affect the validity of the provision
in any other jurisdiction.
27. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for:
a. any tax implications that may arise from the Prize;
b. any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication
sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication
networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet providers, congestion on any carrier
networks or otherwise;
c. any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; and
d. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used
for the conduct of the Promotion.