Canberra Times – Win One of 20 Double Passes to Attend Night at The Museum – toga Party (prize valued at $1,000)
Terms and Conditions – National Museum of Australia toga party
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed
acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is The Federal Capital Press of Australia, ABN No: 62 008 394 063, 9 Pirie Street, Fyshwick, ACT 2609
3. Entry is only open to ACT/NSW residents over the age of 18.
4. Entrants may enter once a day during the competition period.
5. Employees and their immediate families of Federal Capital Press and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by natural or by
adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or
How to enter
6. The competition commences on 14/10/18 and concludes midnight, 17/10/18 (“the Competition Period”).
7. Prize judging will take place on 18/10/18 at 10.00am
8. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
9. Entries are online via www.canberratimes.com.au/competitions
10. 1 of 20 double passes to The National Museum’s, ‘Night at the Museum’ Toga Party. Friday, 19
October, 2018 at 6pm. Each double
pass prize valued at $50.00 (Total value $1000.00)
11. Prize is not redeemable for cash. If the prize winner is unable to accept the prize on the nominated date, the prize is not transferrable.
12. In participating in the prize, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the
promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners grant the promoter a perpetual and non-
exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such
How to win
13. Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Competition Period and registered all details in accordance with clauses 6, 7, 8
and 9 will be entered into judging. Judging will take place at The Canberra Times, 9 Pirie Street, Fyshwick ACT 2609.
14. The prize winner will be notified by email or telephone on 18/10/18.
15. All reasonable effort will be made to locate the winner.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
17. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to
proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to
vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its
absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to State Legislation.
18. Federal Capital Press and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including
but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur:
18.1 during judging;
18.2 in the participation in any prize;
18.3 as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
18.4 due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements
made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person;
18.5 due to circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control.
19. Federal Capital Press and its affiliates assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation
or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries, and reserves the
right to take any action that may be available.
20. If, for any reason, this competition is not capable of being conducted as planned, including, but not limited, due to tampering,
unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the
administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion,
to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify
or suspend the competition, subject to State Legislation.