BWS Smirnoff – Win One of 6 X Double Udder Mayhem (VIP) Passes Or One of 12 X Double Ga Passes to Groovin The Moo (prize valued at $400)
“SMIRNOFF GROOVIN THE MOO” BWS PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and about prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their
immediate families) of the Promoter, BWS retailers and agencies associated with this
promotion are ineligible to enter and/or claim. Immediate family means any of the following:
spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption),
parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother,
sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1
3. The promotion will be conducted in BWS retailers nationally between 26/12/18 and 11:59pm
AEDST on 29/01/19 (“Promotion Period”).
4. How to enter: To enter the promotion, entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
A) Spend $3.00 or more on any Smirnoff product in a single transaction at any BWS
retailer nationally (“Qualifying Transaction”)
B.) Visit the promotional microsite URL (www.bws.com.au/win/smirnoff) complete the
online entry form including full name, telephone number and a valid and current email
address, select the “Groovin The Moo” festival location you would like to win tickets
to, and submit the completed form.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached
any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any
unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the
promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the
Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender
6. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) limit of one (1) entry per person per
day; (b) limit of one (1) entry per Qualifying Transaction (regardless of much is spent on
Smirnoff in excess of $3.00); and (c) each entry must be submitted separately and in
accordance with the entry requirements.
8. Entrants must retain their original BWS purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of
purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the
absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and
forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify that a Qualifying
Transaction was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
9. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s office at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210
Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 at 3pm AEDST on 05/02/19. Winners will be
notified by telephone and in writing via email within two (2) business days of the draw and
their names published on 06/02/19 at http://www.diageopromotions.com.au.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Entries will be divided into State groups depending on which festival location was indicated at
the time of entry as follows: NSW, ACT, QLD, SA, WA & VIC.
12. The first valid entry drawn in each State group will each win an Udder Mayhem double pass
to the “Groovin The Moo” festival in that State, valued at $400. Each industry pass includes:
access to special access to V.I.P areas, including toilets, bar and phone charging station.
13. The next two (2) valid entries drawn in each State group will each win a General Admission
double pass to the “Groovin The Moo” festival in that State, valued at $210.00.
14. Each prize consists of tickets only and winners are responsible for their own travel to and
from the relevant festival location and any other necessary arrangements. The “Groovin The
Moo” festival locations and corresponding dates for each State group are as follows:
SA: Adelaide Showground, Wayville on 26/04/19.
NSW: Maitland Showground, Maitland on 27/04/19.
ACT: Exhibition Park, Canberra on 28/04/18.
VIC: Prince of Wales Showground, Bendigo on 04/05/19.
QLD: Murray Sports Complex, Townsville on 05/05/19.
WA: Hay Park, Bunbury on 06/05/19.
15. The total prize pool value for this promotion is $4920.
16. The ‘Groovin The Moo” ticket prizes are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and
conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers
hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or his/her companion/s) for any
inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any
element of the prize.
17. The Promoter advocates the responsible service and consumption of alcohol. The Promoter
encourages consumers to drink responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to visit
www.drinkwise.org.au to get the facts on standard drinks and responsible drinking.
18. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then
the prize will be forfeited.
19. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the
prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from
a regulatory authority.
20. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash unless specified
21. A draw for any unclaimed prizes will take place at the same time and place as the original
draw on 10/04/19, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. Winners in
any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone and in writing by email within two (2)
business days of the draw and their names will be published on 12/04/19 at
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to any written
directions from any regulatory authority.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act
or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable
Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-
Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and
agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or
damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential,
arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any
loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access
or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or
misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these
Terms and Conditions; (e) if any “Groovin The Moo” event is delayed, postponed or cancelled
for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by
any winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
25. The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the promotion and may,
for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents,
contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory
authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI
http://diageopromotions.com.au/privacy#cookies. In addition to any use that may be outlined
advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes,
contains information about how entrants may opt out of marketing, access, update or correct
their PI, how entrants’ entrant can contact and may complain about a breach of the Australian
Privacy Principles. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Unless otherwise
indicated by the Promoter, the Promoter may disclose PI to entities outside of Australia, and
cannot guarantee that any overseas recipient will not breach the Australian Privacy
Principles. By entering the promotion entrants consent to the overseas transfer on these
terms as permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles and agree that the Promoter is not
liable in this regard.
26. Entrants grant the Promoter permission to communicate with them by email and/or SMS in
order to provide details of the prize and/or instructions as to how the winner is to claim the
prize and establish his/her entitlement to it.
27. The Promoter is Diageo Australia Limited of 162 Blues Point Road, McMahons Point, NSW,
2060, ABN 33 004 167 720. Consumer enquiries may be directed to 1800 789 344.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/30076