Brisbane Airport – Win Flights for Two and See Australia With Virgin Australia
Win Virgin Australia flights for two Terms & Conditions (“Conditions of Entry”)
Promotion: Virgin Australia domestic flights for two
Promoter: Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited ABN 54 076 870 650, 11 The Circuit, Brisbane Airport, Brisbane, QLD
4008, Australia. Ph: 07 3406 3347
Start date: 10/09/20 at 11:00 am AEST
End date: 08/10/20 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to QLD residents who are 18 years and over.
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must visit bne.com.au/competitions, follow the prompts to the Promotion
entry page; sign up to Virgin Australia V-mail; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their
personal details (first name, last name, email address and state/territory/region of residence) during the
Promotional Period (“Initial Entry”).
At the time of completion and submission of the entry form the entrant has the option to ‘share’ the
Promotion via Twitter and/or email to earn bonus entries into the draw.
Maximum of three (3) entries permitted per person, subject to the following:
a) maximum of one (1) Initial Entry;
b) maximum of one (1) bonus entry for ‘sharing’ the Promotion via Twitter;
c) maximum of one (1) bonus entry for ‘sharing’ the Promotion via email; and
d) each entry must be completed in accordance with the entry instructions above.
up to AUD $1,300
Prize Description Number
Value (per prize) Winning Method
The prize is Virgin Australia economy return flights for two
(2) people departing from Brisbane to anywhere on Virgin
Australia’s domestic network and parking at Brisbane
Airport for up to the value of AUD$300.
One (1) Up to AUD$1,300.00
depending on date
and exact point of
random selection –
15/10/20 at 10:30 am
Prize is valid until 31/08/21.
Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
The winner and his/her travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and
Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does
not, once the Prize has been booked, take the Prize (or an element of the Prize) at the time stipulated,
then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
The Prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
The Prize flights will not earn Velocity Points and do not form part of the Prize.
Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, petrol, transport to and
from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs,
unless otherwise specified in the Prize Description, are not included.
Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s Conditions of Carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia
website at www.virginaustralia.com.
If for any reason, the Winner does not, once the flights have been booked, notify Virgin Australia at least
24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight at the time
stipulated, their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash.
The winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner will be published on
the Brisbane Airport’s Website at bne.com.au/winners by 19/10/20.
The Prize must be claimed by 1:00 pm AEST on 15/01/21. In the event of an unclaimed Prize, the Prize will be
redrawn on 18/01/21 at 2:30 pm AEST at XCom, Level 1, 235 Edward Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia. The
winner of the redraw will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the redraw and their details
published on the Brisbane Airport’s website at bne.com.au/winners by 20/01/21.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the
Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these
Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be
received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the
Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and their immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this
Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and
agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto
spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle,
aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
a) The draw will take place at XCom, Level 1, 235 Edward Street, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia at 10:30 am AEST on
15/10/20 using computerised random selection.
b) The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the Prize specified in the Schedule above.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on
the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the
draw on request. The winner of a drawn Prize is determined by chance.
d) The draw conductor may draw additional reserve winners in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If any winner chooses not to take their Prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a Prize by the time specified by the
Promoter, or at the time stipulated by the Promoter for travel, they forfeit the Prize and the Promoter is not obliged to
substitute the Prize.
8. The value of the Prize is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the Prize (inclusive of GST) at the date of
printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize after that date.
9. No part of a Prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in
writing by the Promoter.
10. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the entrant following and acting in accordance with
Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php) and Twitter Terms of Service
(https://twitter.com/en/tos). Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to
Facebook or Twitter. The entrant releases Facebook and Twitter and their associated companies from all liabilities arising in
respect of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with Facebook or Twitter.
11. If a Prize (or portion of a Prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that portion of the
Prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
12. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to
enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their
internet service provider.
13. The Prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third
party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
14. Entrant’s personal information will be collected by the Promotor for this Promotion and will be disclosed to Virgin Australia
(“Collectors”). Personal information will be stored on each Collector’s database. The Promoter may use this information for
future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant electronically. Virgin Australia will use
your personal information for the purposes of signing you up to V-Mail, including providing any prize to you. Please read our
“Privacy Statement – Virgin Australia V-Mail” for information about how we will handle this information. The Collectors are
located at http://www.bne.com.au/privacy-policy (for the Promoter), https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/about-
the entrant may access, update and seek correction of the personal information the respective Collector holds about them
and how the entrant may complain about any potential breach by the Collector of the Australian Privacy Principles or any
other Australian privacy laws and how such complaints will be dealt with. The Collectors obtain personal information about
entrants to enable them to participate in this Promotion and may disclose the entrants’ personal information to third parties
including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers and service providers to assist in conducting this Promotion. If the
entrant does not provide their personal information as requested, they may be ineligible to enter or claim a Prize in the
Promotion. Personal information collected from entrants will not be disclosed to any entity located outside of Australia.
15. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and
State/Territory or postcode of residence.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize, if the Promoter
determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely
participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner and their travel companion may be
required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the Prize. If a
winner or travel companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner or travel companion
will be required to sign the legal release on the winner or travel companion’s behalf.
17. If a Prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize
supplier and the provision of the Prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and
conditions which apply to the Prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the
extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to
deliver the Prize, any delay or failure relating to the Prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in
these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
18. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these
Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights
under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
19. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus,
communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond
the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and
invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a Prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including
an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the
Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete,
indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid
and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third
party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any
other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may
render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the
event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on
each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect,
special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained
(whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or
using any Prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is
limited to the minimum allowable by law).
23. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the
Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the
Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
24. Unless otherwise specified, a Prize is a single prize and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial
advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the Prize or acceptance of the Prize.
26. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.