Big W – Win One of 1000 Hasbrotm Boardgames (prize valued at $32,265)
M&M’S® WIN A HASBRO® BOARD GAME PROMOTION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This “M&M’S® Win a HASBRO® Board Game” competition (“Competition”) is
conducted by Mars Australia Pty Ltd trading as Mars Chocolate Australia, ABN 48 008
454 313, of Ring Road, Wendouree VIC 3355, telephone (03) 5337 7000 (“Promoter”).
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual
who: (i) is a resident of Australia aged 13 years or older as at the time of entry; and
(ii) is not an employee of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of
their agencies associated with the Competition; (iii) is not a spouse, defacto spouse,
parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee.
An Eligible Entrant who is under 18 years of age, must obtain the permission of a
parent or guardian to enter, and further, the parent/guardian of the Eligible Entrant
must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be
required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent
to the minor entering this Competition.
4. The promotion commences at 9am on 02/07/18 and ends at 5pm on 05/08/18
5. Unless otherwise indicated, all times and dates referenced are in AEST.
6. In this Competition, a “Promotion Product” is any M&M’S Product ranging in size from
35g to 640g available for purchase from any Big W retail outlet in Australia or online.
7. To be eligible to enter, an Eligible Entrant must first purchase two (2) Promotion
Products from any Big W retail outlet anywhere in Australia or online
(www.bigw.com.au) in one (1) transaction during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying
8. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted
per Qualifying Purchase (regardless of how many Promotion Products purchased in
that transaction in excess of two (2)); (b) each entry must be submitted separately
and in accordance with entry requirements; and (c) a maximum of one (1) entry per
person per day is permitted.
9. Entry can only be made by internet.
10. Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during
the Promotional Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for, and will not
compensate any Eligible Entrant for, any late or misdirected entry or for any delays
or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
11. Entrants must retain their original Big W purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of
purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested
may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an
entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly
specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional
Period but prior to entry.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and
Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence)
and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions,
tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper
misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the
Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation
from such an offender are reserved.
13. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant
14. All entries into the Competition may be subject to verification by the Promoter. The
Promoter may in its sole discretion, reimburse an Eligible Entrant for any reasonable
costs incurred in complying with the following points of this condition:
(i) An Eligible Entrant MUST, within seven days of being asked, deliver to the Promoter
(by a means reasonably determined by the Promoter) all of the items which condition
11 requires the Eligible Entrant to retain and which are requested by the Promoter;
(ii) An Eligible Entrant MUST also deliver to the Promoter (by a means reasonably
determined by the Promoter) copies of any other documents the Promoter may
request establishing eligibility to enter and/or win, including evidence of age,
residence or identity. The Promoter may make one or more requests for such
documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an Eligible
Entrant must deliver requested copies within seven (7) days of being asked to do so.
15. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an
Eligible Entrant invalid if the Eligible Entrant: (i) fails to establish their entitlement to
enter the Competition to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction; or (ii) fails to
produce items as required by conditions 11 or 14 or produces items that, in the
Promoter’s reasonable opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered,
incomplete or tampered with in any way; or (iii) in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion,
tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (iv) in the
Promoter’s reasonable opinion, submits an entry which is incomplete, inaccurate,
erroneous, ineligible, offensive, misleading, inappropriate or incomprehensible, or
otherwise is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
16. An entry by more than one (1) person (i.e. a joint entry) is invalid.
17. To submit an entry an Eligible Entrant must, during the Promotional Period, visit
www.m-ms.com.au (“Competition Website”) and follow the directions to the entry
page. For each entry, the Eligible Entrant must provide:
(i) the last 6 digits of the barcodes on the packs of the two (2) Promotion Products
being used to enter;
(ii) the receipt number of their Qualifying Purchase; and
(iii) all other details required at the Competition Website, including the entrant’s
first and last names, postal address, contact telephone number and valid e-mail
18. Any costs associated with accessing the Competition Website are the responsibility
of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider
19. Eligible Entrants must submit their entry manually using an internet browser. The
Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have
been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
20. Incomplete and/or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
DRAWS AND PRIZES
21. There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each week of the
Promotional Period, for a total of five (5) draws (“Weekly Draws”). Entries into each
Weekly Draw will open and close at the times and dates in the following table. Each
Weekly Draw will take place at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra
VIC 3141 at 12:00pm on the business day after entries close for that Weekly Draw,
with the first Weekly Draw taking place on 09/07/2018 and the last Weekly Draw
taking place on 06/08/2018. For the removal of doubt, no draws will be conducted
during the weekend or on VIC public holidays. Entries in each Weekly Draw will NOT
be entered into any subsequent Weekly Draws. The Promoter may draw additional
reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant
Entries received between 9am
02/07/18 and 11:59pm
Draw 12:00pm 09/07/2018 Winners published
Entries received between
12:00am 09/07/2018 and
Draw 12:00pm 16/07/2018 Winners published
Entries received between
12:00am 16/07/2018 and
Draw 12:00pm 23/07/2018 Winners published
Entries received between
12:00am 23/07/2018 and
Draw 12:00pm 30/07/2018 Winners published
22. There will be two hundred (200) winners in each Weekly Draw. The first seventy (70)
valid entries drawn in each Weekly Draw will each win the board game Scattergories®
(RRP $32.99 each). The next sixty five (65) valid entries drawn in each Weekly Draw
will each win the board game Cranium® (RRP $39.99 each). The next sixty five (65)
valid entries drawn in each Weekly Draw will each win the board game Speak Out
(RRP $32.99 each).
23. The total prize pool is $35,265.00
24. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to
substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to
any written directions from a regulatory authority.
25. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
26. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or other circumstances
beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to
cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or suspend or modify a prize,
subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
27. All Prize winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the relevant
Weekly Draw via the email address provided at the time of entry. Winner’s name will
be published online at www.m-ms.com.au from the dates specified in the table in
clause 21 above.
28. An entrant winner will only be deemed a winner once their entry has been verified
by the Promoter.
29. All prizes will be mailed by tracked postage to the winners’ postal address that they
provided at the time of entry.
30. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not
redeem a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be
31. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 06/11/2018 at the same time and
place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the redraw
via the email address provided at the time of entry and their names will be published
at www.m-ms.com.au from 12/11/2018. All reasonable attempts will be made to
contact any winners.
Entries received between
12:00am 30/07/2018 and
Draw 12:00pm 06/08/2018 Winners published
32. Eligible Entrants may win a limit of one (1) Prize in the Competition, excluding SA
33. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or
disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts
of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures),
the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted
by law, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition,
subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
34. Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay
in the operation or transmission of any communication including any SMS
communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Eligible Entrant whether caused
by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or
internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any
theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications;
(iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other
equipment used for the conduct of the Competition.
35. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE
INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COMPETITION, TO CAUSE
DAMAGE TO OR TO INTERFERE WITH THE FUNCTIONING OF THE SMS PROCESSES, OR
TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS
COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER
RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY
LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT
ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
36. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
37. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an
Eligible Entrant participating in the Competition. Eligible Entrants should obtain
independent tax and financial advice.
38. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and
agencies and all those entities’ personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability
for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered
or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or prizes,
including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from
the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify an
Australian Eligible Entrant’s rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
39. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is unenforceable for any reason, it will
be severed and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
40. Each winner of a prize consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image
and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media
at any time or times without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this
Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products.
41. The Promoter (Mars, we, us or our) collects your personal information via the entry
form when you submit an entry into this Competition.
42. We collect this personal information for the purposes of your entry into the
Competition, and to send you marketing communications about our brands,
products and/or services. We may also use the personal information you give us to
provide prizes, for consumer care and research purposes, and for other purposes,
43. We may disclose your personal information to our family of companies and to our
vendors or service providers that may use it, in any media for future promotional,
marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment to the
entrant. These companies may be based overseas, including in Hong Kong,
Singapore and the United States. We require these companies to comply with the
Australian privacy laws that apply to your personal information.
44. If we do not collect the personal information you have provided in the entry form,
you may not be able to submit a valid entry into the Competition and may not be
able to receive communications about our brands, products and services which may
be of interest to you.
http://www.mars.com/global/policies/privacy/pp-australia-en.aspx and contains
How you may access the personal information that is held by us and seek
correction of such information; and
How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or
a registered privacy code that binds us, and how we will deal with such a
45. If you need to contact us, or have any questions, please use the online contact form
or the other contact details at http://www.mars.com/australia/en/about-
46. Authorised under Permit Numbers: NSW LTPS/18/23590 ACT TP18/00669 SA