Aurelian Crystals – Win a Brazilian Amethyst Cluster (prize valued at $100)
Terms and Conditions
Schedule to the Terms and Conditions
Competition WIN a copy of Happy Farter’s Day!
Promoter HarperCollins Publishers Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 36 009 913 517) of Level 13,
201 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
1. Entry to the Competition is open to: Residents of Australia
If an entrant is under 18 years of age, they must obtain the permission of their
parent or guardian before entering this competition.
Commences: 5:00pm AEST, Friday 16th
Ends: 12:00am AEST, Monday 19th
1. Leave a comment on the competition post on
2. Answer, in twenty-five words or less, the following question: ‘Why do
you want to win?’
One per person
The prize winner will win:
Prize No. Of Prize
1x Happy Farter’s Day 1 $16.99
(Clauses 10 – 18)
In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter
reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as
the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made
under applicable legislation.
Unless advertised differently, the prize winners will be notified by phone,
email and/or mail at the end of the competition period and by no later than
17:00 AEST Tuesday 20th
Rights in Your
A non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free licence.
Happy Farters Day competition
(Clauses 20 – 24)
Happy Farters Day competition
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any
instructions relating to the Competition on the Promoter’s Website form part of these Terms
2. Any capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the
Schedule, unless stated otherwise. In the event of any inconsistency between the Schedule
to the Terms and Conditions (“Schedule”) and these Terms and Conditions, the Schedule
will take precedence.
3. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any Prize to any entrant who fails to
comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions. An entrant of the
Competition must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Directors, employees
and their immediate families of HarperCollins Publishers Australia Pty Ltd, and their
associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of
the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by natural or
by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece,
nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
5. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. Any entry received after
the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for
late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the Entry Details during the Competition
7. Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must be
submitted separately and each entry must individually meet the requirements in the
Schedule and are subject to the Entry Restrictions. The Promoter reserves the right, at any
time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and
place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure
by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those
8. The entrant(s) whose entry is judged by the Promoter’s panel of judges to be the most
original and creative (and any judging criteria set out in Judging Details of the Schedule) will
win the Prize. The Promoter and its panel of judges may, in their absolute discretion, decline
to award any or all Prizes, including where the judges determine that the entry is not of
publication standard. Chance plays no part in determining the Prize winners. Decisions of
the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters
the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Prize will be awarded as specified in the Schedule. The Prize values are the
recommended retail value, are in Australian dollars and are correct as at the time of the
commencement of the Competition Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any
variation in the Prize value.
10. The Promoter will not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the
Prize. The Prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with using the Prize including
Happy Farters Day competition
(if applicable) travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food and beverages,
travel and medical insurance costs and spending money.
11. If a Prize is available in various locations, the Prize winner is only eligible to claim the Prize
in their nearest capital city. If the Prize occurs in the Prize winner’s home city, the Prize
winner will not be eligible to receive any accommodation or airfares (which may otherwise
have formed part of the Prize).
12. If the Prize is date specific, the Prize winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the
dates stipulated by the Promoter. If the Prize winner is not able to redeem the Prize on that
date, the Promoter may determine another Prize winner in its absolute discretion.
13. No component of the Prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
14. All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize
becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the
Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the
original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable
15. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner (and any guests participating in using
the Prize) must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize supplier’s
16. If the Prize includes flights, entrants agree that:
a. the Prize does not include transfers to and from the winner’s place of residence to the
departure point and transfers between the accommodation and airport (unless
otherwise specified in these Terms and Conditions);
b. the flights must be utilised at the same time, for the same travel dates, to and from the
c. no frequent flyer (or equivalent rewards program) points will accrue to the Prize winner
(and any guest participating in using the Prize) on the Prize flights or accommodation;
d. the booking time of the flights will be determined by the Promoter in its complete
discretion and blackout periods may apply including all public holidays.
17. If the Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize
winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any
accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the
avoidance of doubt, the Prize winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the Prize
includes room charges only (and no ancillary costs such as room service).
18. If the Prize involves tickets to an event, the Promoter is not responsible for any changes in
times or dates, or cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize winner
from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
19. Unless advertised differently, the Prize winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner
Notification details in the Schedule. Please allow at least twenty-eight (28) days from the
date of notification for the delivery of the Prize.
Rights in Your Entry
20. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
21. To be eligible for a Prize your entry must only include original material created by you or
material which you have permission to use, which may be included in your entry.
22. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and
Happy Farters Day competition
a. the Rights in Your Entry specified in the Schedule to exercise all rights in your entry,
including without limitation, the right to reproduce and communicate your entry to the
public in whole or in part, in perpetuity and throughout the world in any media; and
b. the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public your name, character,
likeness or voice for any promotion or matter incidental to the Competition with no
compensation to you for such use.
23. You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the
Promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
24. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and
in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion,
including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. If the method of entry instructs you to include any material owned by the Promoter
(“HarperCollins Material”) such as a HarperCollins trade mark or logo, you agree that:
a. you must not use the HarperCollins Material for any purpose other than for the purpose
of including it in your entry in the Competition;
b. any use of the HarperCollins Material by you will not give you or any other person (other
than the Promoter) any right, title or interest in the HarperCollins Material;
c. you must not carry on a business under a name which includes the HarperCollins
Material or any trade mark similar to the HarperCollins Material; and
d. you must not apply to register a trade mark similar to the HarperCollins Material.
26. No other party may use the HarperCollins Material without prior approval of the Promoter.
27. To provide you with this Competition, the Promoter needs to collect personal information
about you. If you do not provide the information requested, the Promoter may not be able to
provide you with the Competition entry.
28. You agree that, subject to the Privacy Act, the Promoter or its agents may do the following
a. transfer personal information confidentiality to organisations that provide services in
relation to this Competition;
b. disclose personal information to State and Territory lottery departments;
c. publish the winners’ names as set out in these Terms and Conditions and as required
under applicable law; and/or
d. use the prize winners’ personal information in any media for publicity purposes
associated with the Competition without any further payment or other compensation,
unless the prize winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the
29. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter, and their related entities and are collecting
the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this
Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). The entrant may
request access to his or her personal information by calling the HarperCollins Privacy Officer
on 02 9952 5000.
30. Any attempt to interfere with the normal functioning of the Website or to otherwise undermine
the legitimate operation of this Competition is prohibited and will render all entries submitted
by that entrant invalid.
31. You warrant that:
Happy Farters Day competition
a. your entry is your original work, and to the extent it is not, you have obtained the
b. all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
c. you have all necessary rights to grant the Promoter the rights granted under these
Terms and Conditions;
d. use of your entry by the Promoter, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, will
not infringe the rights of any third parties;
e. your entry does not breach any law; and
f. your entry is free from viruses and similar destructive programs.
32. You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach
of the warranties above and acknowledge that the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion,
not award the Prize to you for breach of the warranties above.
33. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and any
reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter (in
accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
34. You acknowledge this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this
Competition must be directed to HarperCollins rather than to Facebook.
35. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or
the Promoter’s ability to deliver the Prize to the Prize winner(s), the Promoter may, in its
discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same
36. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure
of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any
technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition. The
Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect,
delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or
unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
37. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any delay, death,
injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons
or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any
Prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any Prize or damage to any Prize in transit
and the Prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by
any third party.