Apollo Motorhome Holidays – Win a Road Trip Adventure around Australia or New Zealand
APOLLO & FAMILY PARKS SPRING COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering the Apollo & Family Parks Spring Competition (the “Competition”), you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Information on how to enter and the Prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Apollo Motorhome Holidays can vary these Terms and Conditions at any time and will take effect upon publishing on the Family Parks website (www.familyparks.com.au).
3. Entrants must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand.
4. Entrants must be over 21 years of age and have a valid credit card.
5. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with the
Competition are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
6. The Competition commences on Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 00.00 (AEST) and concludes on Tuesday, 31 October 2017 at 23.59 (AEST) (the “Competition Period”).
7. To enter the Competition, entrants must visit www.familyparks.com.au/win and complete the entry form by entering their contact details and answering in 25 words or less “Which Family Park would you most like to visit on your adventure and why?”
8. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoters. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Apollo & Family Parks Spring Competition‘. In the request the following information must be included: first name, last name, date of birth, contact number, email address, and address.
9. By submitting an entry to the Competition, each entrant assigns all rights in the entry to the Promoters and consents to the Promoters using the entry in any manner (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoters may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
10. The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
11. The Promoters accept no responsibly for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entries will be deemed void if forged, tampered with, damaged or lost.
12. Each entrant agrees to receive an automatic subscription to email and marketing communications from both Apollo Motorhome Holidays Pty Ltd and Family Parks Ltd when selecting ‘Yes’ in the Opt in, however may opt out at any time.
13. There is one (1) winner (the “Winner”) over the Competition Period.
14. The Winner will be selected by a panel of judges selected by the Promoters. The Winner will
be chosen within seven (7) days of the close of the Competition Period.
15. The Winner will be the entrant whose description of “Which Family Park would you most like
to visit on your adventure and why?” is judged to be the most creative and original and who satisfies the eligibility requirements as set out in these Terms and Conditions. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winner. Each entry received during the Competition Period will be judged based on its merits.
16. The judging panel’s decision is final and the Promoters will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
17. The Promoters will attempt to contact the Winner three (3) times over a seven (7) day period via the nominated contact number or email address. The Winner has five (5) days from the last contact to respond to the Promoter. If the Promoter has not received a response by the end of this time the Winner forfeits the Prize in its entirety and, at the discretion of the Promoters, the Prize may be awarded to the next runner up in the Competition.
18. In the event that the Winner does not accept the Prize it may, at the discretion of the Promoters, be awarded to the next runner up in the Competition. This may take place at any time from 31 October 2017. The runner up will be notified via phone or email.
19. The Winner will be announced on the Family Parks Facebook page.
20. Winners give permission for photos and/or quotes of/from them to be utilized by the
Promoters for promotional purposes, across all mediums including: online, press and social media.
21. The prize package (the “Prize”) consists of 1 × Apollo Motorhome Holidays rental voucher to the value of $1,000 AUD or $1,000 NZD, depending on country of travel, 10 × Family Parks accommodation vouchers with a cumulative value of up to $500 AUD or NZD, depending on the country of travel, and 1 × Family Parks Travel Rewards membership.
22. Apollo Motorhome Holidays Rental Voucher
a. Can be redeemed in either Australia or New Zealand and can be used towards: Daily
motorhome rental hire, Liability Reduction Option 2 (VIP cover), up to 6 camp chairs, up to 2 camp tables, toilet chemical, one way fees, extended roadside assistance, gas refill fee, taxes, diesel recovery tax (New Zealand only). Bond not included – $250 authorization required on credit card with Liability Reduction Option 2 as per rental terms and conditions.
b. Available for all Apollo 2WD vehicles (subject to availability) – Excluding 4WD vehicles.
c. Guests must make own transfer arrangements to get to and from the Branch.
d. Availability of prize is subject to change. Availability is based on seasonality and
e. Blackout dates apply: Australia and New Zealand: 15 Dec 2017-15 Jan 2018, 30
March – 6 April 2018 (Easter). Australia only: V8 Supercars Bathurst Weekend 2017
and Moto GP Phillip Island weekend 2017. New Zealand only: 15 – 21 February 2018.
f. Drivers must be 21 years of age and have held a full manual driver’s license for a
minimum of 2 years. For full licence terms please see:
i. Australian terms: www.apollocamper.com/campervan-hire-conditions.aspx i. New Zealand terms: www.apollocamper.co.nz/campervan-hire-
g. Standard rental terms and conditions apply and are subject to change without notice
– refer to above terms links.
h. Prize value is subject to approval by Apollo at all times. There are areas of exclusion
for liability cover outlined in the rental terms and conditions. By entering this
competition winners acknowledge and accept areas of exclusion.
i. See the rental terms and conditions for information on areas covered under
VIP/Liability Reduction Option 2 and for areas listed as “your own responsibility”.
j. Valid for hire to/from the following Apollo Australian branches only: Cairns, Darwin,
Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Alice Springs and Adelaide. Valid for hire from
Auckland and Christchurch Apollo branches in New Zealand.
k. For New Zealand travel Ferry costs for one way rentals are not included.
l. Multiple bookings will not be allowed. If the winner does not use the full $1,000 in
one booking no credit is given.
m. Up to one booking amendment is granted – subject to availability as per terms and
conditions. If booking is not use before expiry date prize is forfeit.
n. If the Winner choses to go above $1,000 prize value they can do so at their own
cost. This must be payable prior to pick up and will be subject to normal terms and
o. Travel is to be taken by the 30th July 2018
p. NB: Rental pricing is dynamic and changes daily dependent on seasons, demand and
location. For full information on vehicles, including the number of people they sleeps and child restraints policy, please go to www.apollocamper.com/campervan-hire- conditions.aspx
23. Family Parks Accommodation Vouchers
a. Family Parks accommodation vouchers that form part of the prize will be in the form
of 10 × vouchers, each of which can be redeemed at a Family Park to cover the cost
of 1 night’s accommodation on a powered site up to the value of $50.
b. Voucher need to be used by the 30th July 2018 and can only be redeemed at Family
Parks member parks as listed on www.familyparks.com.au.
c. If the Winner chooses to spend more than $50 for a night’s accommodation they
can do so at their own cost.
24. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Travel to and from the Apollo branch
pick up and drop off is at the winner’s expense. These terms and conditions apply in conjunction with any third party vendor terms and conditions.
25. The Winner will be required to cover incidentals including petrol, holiday/travel insurance, visas and passports etc. that are not included in the prize. Comprehensive insurance, additional options and all ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Winner. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the Winner. The Promoters recommend additional travel insurance when using the Prize.
26. The Promoters will take no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit.
27. The Prize is not refundable, not transferable and not redeemable for cash. If the Prize is or
becomes unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute all or any part thereof with a product or prize of equal value. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize of the Promoter. No compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Prize as the Promoter states.
29. It is the winner’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation and a full Driver’s Licence at the time of the hire. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred during the hire period or as a result of such documents being obtained or not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winner. If the licence is not written in English a full authorized translation as well as International licence is needed.
30. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
31. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether
or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoters;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e. any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
f. use/taking of a prize (independent financial advice should be sought as tax
implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize).
32. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to disqualify any entrant; or subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
33. The Promoters are Family Parks Ltd (ABN 33 137 903 229) and Apollo Motorhome Holidays (ABN 81 051 584 153).