American Express – Win 1 of 5 prize packages of 2 A Reserve tickets to Lionel Richie and more (trip included)
Terms and Conditions
T & C’s
American Express Card Member Promotion:
WIN A BACKSTAGE DOUBLE PASS TO SEE LIONEL RICHIE IN SYDNEY
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Registration and entry in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. The Promoter (the “Promoter” or “American Express”) in Australia is American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
3. The Promotion Period commences at 5:00 PM AEDT Wednesday, 28 February 2018 and closes at 11:59pm AEDT on Thursday, 15 March 2018. Entries received outside the Promotion Period will not be accepted.
4. Eligible Entrants must be:
(a) Over the age of 18 years; and
(b) The PRIMARY card holder of an American Express Card issued by American Express Australia Limited or a Licensed Network Partner and whose account(s) are in good standing.
i. Eligible Cards issued by a Licensed Network Partner are American Express Cards issued by Westpac Banking Corporation (ABN 33 007 457 141); Commonwealth Bank of Australia 2009 (ABN 48 123 123 124).
5. Supplementary Card Members are ineligible to enter.
6. Employees of American Express and any related bodies corporate, any other agencies associated with this promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
7. By entering the competition Eligible Entrants agree that American Express may provide their personal information including name, phone number and address details to AEG OGDEN (“AEG OGDEN”) (and its related companies and affiliates), for the purpose of awarding the prizes.
8. The Total Prize Value is up to AU$22,000 consisting of five (5) equal value Prizes.
9. Each Eligible Entrant will only be eligible to win one (1) of the five (5) prizes on offer. There will be a total of five (5) Prize winners.
Details of the Prize:
10. The five (5) Prize winners will receive the following:
(a) 2 x A Reserve tickets to Lionel Richie on the 29 March 2018 at Qudos Bank Arena at 7:30pm
(b) VIP Parking at Qudos Bank Arena
(c) Exclusive backstage meet and greet with the Lionel Richie (to include professional photographs)
(d) 1 x Merchandise gift per guest (total of 2 x gifts per competition winner)
(e) A pre-show function in a themed private space to include canapes and beverages
(f) Return flights for the winner and their guest to Sydney from their nearest capital city.
(g) Two (2) nights’ accommodation at a minimum 4 star hotel in a twin room
11. Prize conditions:
(a) If you are located in New South Wales, no travel arrangements will be made, this includes no flights, transfers or accommodation.
(b) Winners must be able to travel within:
I. 28 March 2018 – 30 March 2018
II. 29 March 2018 – 31 March 2018
(c) The prize cannot be transferred in part or in full to other persons, redeemed for cash or altered or amended in any way that differs from the details outlined in these Promotion Conditions of Entry.
(d) The winner and his/her travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together from their nearest capital city airport in Australia.
(e) Airline frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the Prize.
(f) Travel insurance is not included in the prize and is the sole responsibility of the winner and guest. Neither the Promoter, nor AEG OGDEN will be liable for any injury, loss, theft or damage to any person or possessions related directly or indirectly to the Prize.
(g) Airport transfers are not included.
(h) The winner and his or her travel companion must be over the age of 18 years
(i) The winner may be required to present their credit card at check in at any hotel accommodation.
(j) American Express does not cover any other costs Including but not limited to hotel meals, transfers to and from Qudos Arena.
(k) All air travel must be on the services provided as part of the Prize, and special requests regarding airline(s) and flights may not be accommodated.
(l) Neither cash nor other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of the forfeited whole or part of the prize.
(m) All components are subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
How to Enter
12. To enter the competition Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
(a) Visit amexinvites.com.au;
(b) Go to the Competition promotion page; and
(c) Follow the prompts to complete their entry including providing their full name, phone number, address and email address.
(d) Supplementary Card Members are ineligible to enter.
13. Eligible Entrants must agree to these Conditions of Entry and to being contacted by the Promoter and/or AEG OGDEN for the purposes of this competition
14. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant.
Draw & Winner Notification
15. The prize draw will take place as follows:
(a) Prize draw will take place at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on Friday, 16 March 2018 at 12:00PM (AEDT).
(b) Winners will be notified in writing within 2 business days of the draw and must claim the Prize by 12:00PM (AEDT) on Monday, 19 March 2018.
(c) Prize Winners’ names will be published on the competition page at www.amexinvites.com.au by Tuesday, 20 March 2018.
16. A draw for any unclaimed prize will take place as follows:
(a) Any unclaimed Prize draw will take place at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on Tuesday, 20 March 2018 at 12.00PM (AEDT); and
(b) Unclaimed Prize draw winners will be notified in writing within 2 business days of the draw, and their names will be published on the competition page at www.amexinvites.com.au by Thursday, 22 March 2018.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Prizes will be awarded to the Eligible Entrant named on the entry form.
19. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash in part and/or in full. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be entirely forfeited by the winner. No cash or other compensation will be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
20. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting any prize.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity. The suitability and verification of such proof is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Eligible Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including but not limited to any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this competition.
24. It is a condition of acceptance of the prize that the winning Eligible Entrant’s American Express Card account must be current, not in default and in good standing, during the Promotion Period and at the time of notification that they have won.
25. Unless expressly stated in these Conditions of Entry all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner. This includes, but is not limited to, meals, taxes, government surcharges, optional activities, insurances, visas, inoculation, in-room hotel charges, spending money transport to and from the airport, accommodation or event venue. Items of a personal nature and all other ancillary costs not mentioned in the prize description are not included.
26. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written regulatory direction or as required by law.
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
28. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
29. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter (including its related companies) or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee, payment or other compensation for such use.
30. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
31. Should an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
32. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
33. Any cost associated with accessing amexinvites.com.au is the Eligible Entrant’s sole responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
34. The Promoter and their related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
35. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the website user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
36. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
37. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
38. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written regulatory direction or as required by law.
39. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
40. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid
41. All entries become the property of American Express. The winner agrees to allow American Express to use his/her particulars for the purposes of marketing, publicity, promotional or direct mailing (unless they have already notified American Express not to do so).
(a) Transfer personal information confidentially to the Promoter’s related companies or organisations that provide services in relation to this competition. This includes transferring personal information to the United States of America or other countries for data processing and servicing;
(b) Disclose Eligible Entrants’ personal information to State and Territory lottery departments (if required);
(c) Publish winners’ names as required under the relevant lottery legislation (if required); and
(d) use the winner’s personal information in any media for publicity purposes associated with the competition without any further payment or other compensation, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at time of accepting the prize.
Authorised under Permit Number NSW:LTPS/17/20625; Permit Number ACT: TP 17/02578; Permit Number SA: T17/2408