Advertiser – Return Flights From Your Homeport to Adelaide (prize valued at $9,960)
Terms and Conditions – WIN a touring adventure to the Flinders Ranges
1. The Promoter is Advertiser Newspapers Pty Ltd (ACN 007 872 997) of 31 Waymouth
Street, Adelaide SA 5000. Telephone number 1300 130 370.
2. SA Lottery and Gaming Regulations Licence No: T18/719. NSW Permit No:
3. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the
competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that
refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
5. Entry is open to all residents of South Australia, New South Wales, Victoria and
Queensland except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated
companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse,
defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent,
grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step
sister or first cousin.
6. Entrants under 18 years of age must obtain the prior permission of their parent or legal
guardian in order to be able to enter. The Promoter may require any such entrant’s parent or
legal guardian to sign a release at the Promoter’s discretion in which the parent or legal
guardian accepts responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release will
include the parent or legal guardian’s full name, address and telephone number. Failure to
agree to the release and provide these details will invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the
prize, subject to State and Territory legislation. If the competition winner is under 18 years of
age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of
residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of
registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry
considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a
winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no
substitute will be offered.
When to enter
8. The competition commences on Saturday 19th May, 2018 at 12:00am ACST and
concludes on Sunday 17th June, 2018 at 11:00pm ACST. Entries must be received by the
Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
9. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received the Promoter’s
database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including
SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message
due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the
internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is
invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
11. The details of how to enter the competition are set out online at
12. Entrants may enter the competition by logging onto www.newadelaide.com.au and
registering their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, postcode, telephone
number and e-mail address to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional
website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider. In addition,
they must answer 4 short answer questions pertaining to their thoughts on South Australia.
13. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for
ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these
content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos
and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in
connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work.
The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is
the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the
entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify,
delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent.
Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express
consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is
potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory,
indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without
limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or
any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If
an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content
(for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such
content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the
relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use
the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the
winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
14. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the
entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry
process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of
Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion
which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or
reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and
households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM
cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
16. Only one entry per person. Only one prize will be awarded.
Draw and Notification of winner
17. The winner will be the first one (1) valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms
and conditions that is drawn by Advertiser Newspapers Pty Ltd by random computer
selection at 10:00am ACST on Monday 18th June, 2018 at 31 Waymouth Street, Adelaide
SA 5000. One (1) national winner will be drawn from the pool of entrants across all
participating mastheads, with a total of one (1) prize awarded.
18. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the
following business day.
19. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence
regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection
with the Promotion.
20. The winner will be notified by phone within one week of the draw. The winner will be
published online at www.newadelaide.com.au within one week of the draw.
21. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry.
22. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the
entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information
provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
23. Total maximum prize value is up to $9,960 (including GST) as at Monday 23rd April,
2018. One (1) major winner will win a ‘Flinders Dreaming’ tour; a 4-day holiday to the
Flinders Ranges for 4 people. The prize includes flights for four people from their closest
capital city plus airport transfers and one nights accommodation in Adelaide both pre and
one post Flinders Dreaming tour (interstate winners only), accommodation for four for 3
nights at Wilpena Pound Resort or Prairie Hotel, unique dining experiences including all
breakfasts, lunches and dinners, and touring and sightseeing experiences such as Pichi
Richi Railway, Peterborough Steamtown Sound and Light Show and sightseeing flight over
Wilpena Pound and Flinders Ranges. Elements of prize may be changed subject to the
discretion of the Holiday Wonders Travel and Cruise.
24. Choice of date available for travel based on preset tour dates by Holiday Wonders Travel
25. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing
(inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between
now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
26. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions
of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner
to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
28. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal
release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
29. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not,
sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation,
including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
30. Event tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the
provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once
awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged
or tampered with in any way.
31. All winners are advised that the allocated classification guidelines for each film must be
adhered to as per usual standards set out by the film Classification Board and associated
32. Specific travel terms and conditions will apply.
Further Terms and Conditions
33. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter
reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the
control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or
proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has
tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
34. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for
any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of
entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
35. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the
Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with
the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or
suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
36. Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website.
Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
37. If an entrant uses any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times
(including scripting software), organises for a third party to enter on their behalf in breach of
these terms and conditions or enters using incorrect contact details, his or her entry will be
deemed invalid. If such an entrant wins a prize, the entrant must immediately return the prize
to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine whether an entrant has
breached this clause. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it
deems necessary to confirm whether an entrant has breached this clause. Entrants must
provide whatever documents the Promoter requires upon request.
38. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to
substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory
legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the
conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as
stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
39. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by
competition entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered
to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the
prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not
be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
40. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize
winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
41. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby
permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed
during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with News Life Media or
News Pty Limited or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever
throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
42. Each entrant hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all
copyright and all moral rights in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter
in connection with that entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the prize (Works).
Each entrant warrants that the Promoter is free to use the Works (including modifying,
adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or
not at all) and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and neither the entrant nor any third
party will be entitled to any fee for such use.
43. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or
significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and
in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to
vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war,
act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and
recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under
44. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services
under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010)
(Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the
remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter
shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not
limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in
connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The
Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by
entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this
competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the
course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or
satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
45. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any
unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct
of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation
from such an offender are reserved.
46. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal
information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such
information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and
conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
47. All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a
database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone
numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide
without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By
opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants
no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant
should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or
delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
48. The Promoter collects information about you, including for example your name and
contact details which you provide when registering or using our services as well as
information from data houses, social media services, our affiliates and other entities you deal
or interact with for example by using their services. We collect and use that information to
provide you with our goods and services, to promote and improve our goods and services, to
provide you with targeted advertising based on your online activities, for the purposes
collection. We may disclose your information to our related companies, including those
located outside Australia. Any of us may contact you for those purposes (including by email
and SMS) at any time. We may also disclose your information to our service and content
providers, including those located outside Australia. If you do not provide us with requested
information we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services you require. We
may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise
as required by law. Further information about how we handle personal information, how you
can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, how we will deal with a
complaint of that nature, how you can access or seek correction of your personal information