Advertiser Newspapers – Win the Ultimate Cycling Experience in Adelaide for 2 valued at $4,387
Terms and Conditions – Win the ultimate cycling experience
1. The Promoter is Advertiser Newspapers Pty Ltd (ACN 007 872 997) of 31 Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA 5000. Telephone number: 1300 130 370.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of South Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, Australian Capital Territory, Queensland and Western Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
5. Entry is restricted to entrants 18 years or older.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The competition commences on Saturday, August 5 2017 at 12:00am ACST and concludes on Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 11:00pm ACST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
10. The details of how to enter the competition are set out online at www.newadelaide.com.au.
11. Entrants may enter the competition by:
• Logging onto www.newadelaide.com.au and registering their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, post code, telephone number and e-mail address to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider. In addition, they must answer 4 short answer questions pertaining to their thoughts on South Australia.
12. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
15. Only one entry per person. Only one prize will be awarded per person.
Draw and Notification of winner
16. The winner will be the first one (1) valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by Advertiser Newspapers Pty td by random computer selection at 10:00am on Monday, September 4 2017 at 31 Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA 5000. One (1) national winner will be drawn from the pool of entrants across all participating mastheads, with a total of one (1) prize awarded.
17. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
18. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
19. The winner will be notified by phone within one week of the draw.
20. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry.
21. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
22. One Major Prize Winner will receive a cycling experience in Adelaide for two (2) adults including: (a) Return economy class flights for the Winner and one (1) guest from their closest capital city in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra, Hobart or Darwin) to Adelaide. At the conclusion of the three (3) night’s stay they will return from Adelaide to the winner’s nearest capital city in Australia. The flights include the provision for the
Winner and their guest to fly with a bicycle.
(b) Three (3) night’s accommodation for two (2) guests staying at Peppers on Waymouth
including breakfast (checking in Thursday, January 18 2018 and checking out Sunday,
(c) One (1) food voucher to be used at press* food & wine to the value of $200.
(d) Two (2) complimentary entries in the Bupa Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser
for Friday, January 19 2018 including bus transfers (if required).
(f) Two (2) tickets to the Be Safe Be Seen MAC Stage 6 Corporate Hospitality area on
Sunday, January 2018 to watch the race trackside and enjoy fabulous food and wine.
(g) A Tour Down Under prize pack of assorted Tour Down Under merchandise to celebrate
20 years of the event.
Total maximum prize value is $4,387 (including GST) as at Wednesday, July 19 2017
23. The Major Prize must be taken within the time stipulated in clause 23 a). Prize airfares are subject to availability in the required booking class as determined by the airline.
24. Airline tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points cannot be used with the airline part of the prize.
25. Airline tickets are not endorsable to other people and have no cash value if cancelled or forfeited. Airline tickets included in the Major Prize cannot be used as part payment of another airfare.
26. The Major prize winner and their companion are required to check baggage allowances according to the itinerary provided at the time of booking. There may be baggage restrictions on some flights and the Winner and their companion are required to honour these restrictions and/or be liable to pay fees in the case of excess baggage. Please note the provision for the Winner and their one (1) guest to travel with a bicycle each is included in the prize.
27. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
28. Unless expressly stated, all costs and expenses associated with taking the Major Prize become the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner, including:
(a) Additional taxes (such as airport, government and other taxes which may be applicable and subject to currency fluctuations);
(c) Transfers, except as specified in clause 22 (a) and (b) (ii)
(f) Meals, except as specified in clause 22 (ii)
(g) Transport to/from an airport departure or return point, except as specified in clause 22
(i) Any extra sightseeing or activities; and
(j) All other incidental and ancillary costs incurred by the Winner and/or their travel partner
as a direct or indirect result of taking the Major Prize.
29. Travel dates cannot be changed once the booking is confirmed and tickets are issued. The Major Prize Winner and their travel companion are responsible for any amendment fees issued by airlines, accommodation or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed.
30. All aspects of the Major Prize must be taken together as a package. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, the Major Prize Winner does not book and take the Major Prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, that Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
31. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize
32. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
33. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
35. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
36. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
37. Once the Prizes have left the Promoter’s/Supplier’s premises, the Promoter and the Relevant Parties will not be responsible for any delay in delivery or loss or damage to the Prizes.
38. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of God, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
39. The winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Hobart, or Darwin).
Further Terms and Conditions
40. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
41. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
42. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security,
fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
43. Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website. Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
44. If an entrant uses any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), organises for a third party to enter on their behalf in breach of these terms and conditions or enters using incorrect contact details, his or her entry will be deemed invalid. If such an entrant wins a prize, the entrant must immediately return the prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine whether an entrant has breached this clause. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm whether an entrant has breached this clause. Entrants must provide whatever documents the Promoter requires upon request.
45. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
46. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
47. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
48. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with News Life Media or News Limited or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
49. Each entrant hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright and all moral rights in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with that entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). Each entrant warrants that the Promoter is free to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all) and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and neither the entrant nor any third party will be entitled to any fee for such use.
50. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures,
tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
51. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
52. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
53. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
54. All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.