ABC – Win The Major Prize (prize valued at $750)
ABC Terms and Conditions
Schedule to the Terms and Conditions
Competition ABC Radio Melbourne’s ‘2020 The meals that make Melbourne’
competition, with Matt Preston.
Promoter Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABN 52 429 278 345) of 700
Harris Street, Ultimo 2007, New South Wales, Australia.
1. Entry to the Competition is open to: residents of Victoria.
Period (Clause 5)
Commences: 05.30am (AEST) Wednesday 23 September 2020
Ends 11.59pm (AEST) Wednesday 30 September 2020
To enter, entrants must:
Enter online and complete the competition webform by entering their
contact details and a sentence about the meal that makes Melbourne,
plus be an existing subscriber or become a subscriber of the ABC
Radio Melbourne e-newsletter.
Be prepared to talk about your Melbourne meal on the Breakfast
program, from Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October, 2020.
You may only enter the competition once.
The entries (x5) the Breakfast team select as the most unique,
creative and inspiring entries will win the major prize.
Please see full Terms and Conditions.
The major prize (5) winners will win:
Prize No. Of Prize
1 x $100 Providoor E-gift
Voucher, as featured on the
Click for Vic webpage.
1 x $50 Co-Lab Pantry gift card,
as featured on the Click for Vic
(Clauses 10 – 18)
The e-gift cards will be issued and emailed to the winner, no later than
Friday 9 October 2020.
The daily winner, will be announced each day during the week from
Monday 28 September – Friday 2 October 2020.
Rights in Your
(Clauses 20 – 24)
Additional Terms N/a
General Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions
of the Competition. The Terms and Conditions governing the Competition include
these General Terms and Conditions, the Schedule to these General Terms and
Conditions and any instructions relating to the Competition on the Promoter’s
2. Any capitalised terms used in these General Terms and Conditions have the
meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. In the event of any
inconsistency between the Schedule to the Terms and Conditions (Schedule) and
these General Terms and Conditions, the Schedule will take precedence.
3. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion refuse to award any Prize to any entrant
who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions. An entrant of
the Competition must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Directors,
immediate family members, employees and contractors of the Promoter and any
agencies, retailers and suppliers directly associated with the Competition, or with the
provision of the Prize, are not eligible to enter.
5. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. Any entry
received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No
responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must enter the Competition in accordance with
the Entry Method (and any other entry details provided by the Promoter on the
Website) during the Competition Period.
Maximum Number of Entries
7. Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries
must be submitted separately and each entry must individually meet the
requirements in the Schedule and are subject to the Entry Restrictions.
8. The entrant(s) whose entry is judged by the Promoter’s panel of judges to be the
most original and creative (and any judging criteria set out in Judging Details of the
Schedule) will win the Prize. The Promoter and its panel of judges may, in their
absolute discretion, decline to award any or all Prizes, including where the judges
determine that the entry is not of publication standard. Chance plays no part in
determining the Prize winners. Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are
final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no
correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Prize will be awarded as specified in the Schedule. The Prize values are the
recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier, are in Australian
dollars and are correct as at the time of the commencement of the Competition
Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value.
10. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, the Promoter will not be responsible for
any additional costs associated with use of the Prize. The Prize winner (and, if
applicable, their guest(s)) is responsible for all costs associated with using the Prize
including (if applicable) travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food
and beverages, travel and medical insurance costs and spending money.
11. If a Prize is available in various locations, the Prize winner is only eligible to claim
the Prize in their nearest capital city. If the Prize occurs in the Prize winner’s home
city, the Prize winner will not be eligible to receive any accommodation or airfares
(which may otherwise have formed part of the Prize).
12. If the Prize is date specific, the Prize winner must be available to redeem the Prize
on the dates stipulated by the Promoter. If the Prize winner is not able to redeem
the Prize on that date, the Promoter may determine another Prize winner in its
13. No component of the Prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
14. All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a
Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable
control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or
greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written
directions made under applicable legislation.
15. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner (and any guests participating
in using the Prize) must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize
16. If the Prize includes flights, entrants agree that:
(a) the Prize does not include transfers to and from the winner’s place of
residence to the departure point and transfers between the accommodation
and airport (unless otherwise specified in the Schedule);
(b) the flights must be utilised at the same time, for the same travel dates, to and
from the same destination;
(c) no frequent flyer (or equivalent rewards program) points will accrue to the
Prize winner (and any guest participating in using the Prize) on the Prize
flights or accommodation; and
(d) the booking time of the flights will be determined by the Promoter in its
complete discretion and blackout periods may apply including all public
17. If the Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the
Prize winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon
arrival at any accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their
stay. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize winner acknowledges that the
accommodation part of the Prize includes room charges only (and no ancillary costs
such as room service).
18. If the Prize involves tickets to an event, the Promoter is not responsible for any
changes in times or dates, or cancellations or rescheduling of events that may
prevent the Prize winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
19. Unless advertised differently, the Prize winner(s) will be notified in accordance with
the Winner Notification details in the Schedule. Please allow at least twenty-eight
(28) days from the date of notification for the delivery of the Prize.
Rights in Your Entry
20. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, all physical entries become the
property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
21. To be eligible for a Prize your entry must only include original material created by
you or material which you have permission to use, which may be included in your
22. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees
(a) the Rights in Your Entry specified in the Schedule to exercise all rights in your
entry, including without limitation, the right to reproduce and communicate
your entry to the public in whole or in part, in perpetuity and throughout the
world in any media; and
(b) the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public your name,
character, likeness or voice for any promotion or matter incidental to the
Competition with no compensation to you for such use.
23. You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by
the Promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
24. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation
as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute
discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. If the method of entry instructs you to include any material owned by the Promoter
(ABC Material) such as an ABC trade mark or logo, you agree that:
(a) you must not use the ABC Material for any purpose other than for the
purpose of including it in your entry in the Competition;
(b) any use of the ABC Material by you will not give you or any other person
(other than the Promoter) any right, title or interest in the ABC Material;
(c) you must not carry on a business under a name which includes the ABC
Material or any trade mark similar to the ABC Material; and
(d) you must not apply to register a trade mark similar to ABC Material.
26. No other party may use the ABC Material without prior approval of the Promoter.
27. The Promoter will collect your personal information for the purposes of conducting
the Competition. In doing so, the Promoter may disclose your personal information
to its contractors, agents, any partner or co-promoter and to State and Territory
gaming departments. Prize winners’ names may be published as set out in these
Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may also use your personal information for
any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter. Additional
information about how personal information is collected, used and disclosed, and
part of these terms and conditions.
28. Any attempt to interfere with the normal functioning of the Website or to otherwise
undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition is prohibited and will render
all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
29. You warrant that:
(a) your entry is your original work, and to the extent it is not, you have obtained
the relevant permission;
(b) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
(c) you have all necessary rights to grant the Promoter the rights granted under
these Terms and Conditions;
(d) use of your entry by the Promoter, in accordance with these Terms and
Conditions, will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and
(e) your entry does not breach any law.
30. You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any
breach of the warranties above and acknowledge that the Promoter may, in its
absolute discretion, not award the Prize to you for breach of the warranties above.
31. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and
any reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter
(in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the
32. You acknowledge this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or
administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or
complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to the ABC through the
Website rather than to Facebook.
33. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the
Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the Prize to the Prize winner(s), the
Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at
another time under the same conditions.
34. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for
any failure of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the
Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the
administration of the Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any
error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or
alteration of entries.
35. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter is not liable for any delay,
death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or
consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the
Competition or accepting or using any Prize, including without limitation non-receipt
of any Prize or damage to any Prize in transit and the Prize winner’s failure to
comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party.