ABC Music – Win One Of Two Tim Rogers Prize Packs (prize valued at $153)
ABC Terms and Conditions
Schedule to the Terms and Conditions
Competition Win a Tim Rogers prize pack!
Promoter Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABN 52 429 278 345) of 700 Harris
Street, Ultimo 2007, New South Wales, Australia.
1. Entry to the Competition is open to all residents of Australia.
Entrants and guests must be 18 years or over.
Commences: 5.00pm AEST Tuesday 19th September 2017
Ends: 11.59pm AEST Tuesday 26th September 2017
To enter, entrants must:
1. Complete the online entry form available at:
2. Answer the competition question in 25 words or less what is your
favourite Tim Rogers song and why?
One entry per person.
See Terms and Conditions.
One (1) major prize winner will win:
Value (incl. GST)
An Actor Repairs – (CD) $24.99
An Actor Repairs – (Vinyl)
Detours – (Book)
2 x Concert tickets to a Tim Rogers Show
(accommodation and travel costs not included)
Total Prize Value
(Clauses 10 – 18)
See Terms and Conditions.
Winner will be notified via email and/or phone.
Rights in Your
(Clauses 20 – 24)
806399 v2 (as at 2 June 2014) 2
Applicable to this
806399 v2 (as at 2 June 2014) 3
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any
instructions relating to the Competition on the Promoter’s Website form part of these Terms
2. Any capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the
Schedule, unless stated otherwise. In the event of any inconsistency between the Schedule
to the Terms and Conditions (Schedule) and these Terms and Conditions, the Schedule will
3. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion refuse to award any Prize to any entrant who
fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions. An entrant of the
Competition must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Directors, immediate
family members, employees and contractors of the Promoter and any agencies, retailers and
suppliers directly associated with the Competition, or with the provision of the Prize, are not
eligible to enter.
5. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. Any entry received after
the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for
late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must enter the Competition in accordance with the Entry
Method (and any other entry details provided by the Promoter on the Website) during the
Maximum Number of Entries
7. Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must be
submitted separately and each entry must individually meet the requirements in the
Schedule and are subject to the Entry Restrictions.
8. The entrant(s) whose entry is judged by the Promoter’s panel of judges to be the most
original and creative (and any judging criteria set out in Judging Details of the Schedule) will
win the Prize. The Promoter and its panel of judges may, in their absolute discretion, decline
to award any or all Prizes, including where the judges determine that the entry is not of
publication standard. Chance plays no part in determining the Prize winners. Decisions of
the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters
the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Prize will be awarded as specified in the Schedule. The Prize values are the
recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier, are in Australian dollars and
are correct as at the time of the commencement of the Competition Period. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value.
10. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, the Promoter will not be responsible for any
additional costs associated with use of the Prize. The Prize winner (and, if applicable, their
guest(s)) is responsible for all costs associated with using the Prize including (if applicable)
travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food and beverages, travel and
medical insurance costs and spending money.
806399 v2 (as at 2 June 2014) 4
11. If a Prize is available in various locations, the Prize winner is only eligible to claim the Prize
in their nearest capital city. If the Prize occurs in the Prize winner’s home city, the Prize
winner will not be eligible to receive any accommodation or airfares (which may otherwise
have formed part of the Prize).
12. If the Prize is date specific, the Prize winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the
dates stipulated by the Promoter. If the Prize winner is not able to redeem the Prize on that
date, the Promoter may determine another Prize winner in its absolute discretion.
13. No component of the Prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
14. All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize
becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the
Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the
original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable
15. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner (and any guests participating in using
the Prize) must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize supplier’s
16. If the Prize includes flights, entrants agree that:
a. the Prize does not include transfers to and from the winner’s place of residence to the
departure point and transfers between the accommodation and airport (unless
otherwise specified in the Schedule);
b. the flights must be utilised at the same time, for the same travel dates, to and from the
c. no frequent flyer (or equivalent rewards program) points will accrue to the Prize winner
(and any guest participating in using the Prize) on the Prize flights or accommodation;
d. the booking time of the flights will be determined by the Promoter in its complete
discretion and blackout periods may apply including all public holidays.
17. If the Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize
winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any
accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the
avoidance of doubt, the Prize winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the Prize
includes room charges only (and no ancillary costs such as room service).
18. If the Prize involves tickets to an event, the Promoter is not responsible for any changes in
times or dates, or cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize winner
from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
19. Unless advertised differently, the Prize winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the
Winner Notification details in the Schedule. Please allow at least twenty-eight (28) days from
the date of notification for the delivery of the Prize.
Rights in Your Entry
20. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, all physical entries become the property of the
Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
21. To be eligible for a Prize your entry must only include original material created by you or
material which you have permission to use, which may be included in your entry.
22. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and
a. the Rights in Your Entry specified in the Schedule to exercise all rights in your entry,
including without limitation, the right to reproduce and communicate your entry to the
public in whole or in part, in perpetuity and throughout the world in any media; and
806399 v2 (as at 2 June 2014) 5
b. the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public your name, character,
likeness or voice for any promotion or matter incidental to the Competition with no
compensation to you for such use.
23. You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the
Promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
24. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and
in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion,
including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. If the method of entry instructs you to include any material owned by the Promoter (ABC
Material) such as an ABC trade mark or logo, you agree that:
a. you must not use the ABC Material for any purpose other than for the purpose of
including it in your entry in the Competition;
b. any use of the ABC Material by you will not give you or any other person (other than the
Promoter) any right, title or interest in the ABC Material;
c. you must not carry on a business under a name which includes the ABC Material or any
trade mark similar to the ABC Material; and
d. you must not apply to register a trade mark similar to ABC Material.
26. No other party may use the ABC Material without prior approval of the Promoter.
27. Any attempt to interfere with the normal functioning of the Website or to otherwise undermine
the legitimate operation of this Competition is prohibited and will render all entries submitted
by that entrant invalid.
28. You warrant that:
a. your entry is your original work, and to the extent it is not, you have obtained the
b. all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
c. you have all necessary rights to grant the Promoter the rights granted under these
Terms and Conditions;
d. use of your entry by the Promoter, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, will
not infringe the rights of any third parties; and
e. your entry does not breach any law.
29. You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach
of the warranties above and acknowledge that the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion,
not award the Prize to you for breach of the warranties above.
30. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and any
reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter (in
accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
31. You acknowledge this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this
Competition must be directed to the ABC through the Website rather than to Facebook.
32. The Promoter will collect your personal information for the purposes of conducting the
Competition. In doing so, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to its
contractors, agents, any partner or co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming
departments. Prize winners’ names may be published as set out in these Terms and
Conditions. The Promoter may also use your personal information for any promotional,
marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter. Additional information about how personal
806399 v2 (as at 2 June 2014) 6
information is collected, used and disclosed, and the privacy complaints process is available
33. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or
the Promoter’s ability to deliver the Prize to the Prize winner(s), the Promoter may, in its
discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same
34. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure
of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any
technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition. The
Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect,
delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or
unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
35. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any delay, death,
injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons
or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any
Prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any Prize or damage to any Prize in transit
and the Prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by
any third party.