ABC Kids – Win Their Very Own Giggle and Hoot Prize Pack
ABC Terms and Conditions
Schedule to the Terms and Conditions
Competition ABC Kids Giggle and Hoot Newsletter Competition
Promoter Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABN 52 429 278 345) of 700 Harris
Street, Ultimo 2007, New South Wales, Australia.
Website (Clause 1) www.abc.net.au
Entry to the Competition is open to all residents of Australia. This
competition is open to all ages. If an entrant is under 18 years of age, they
must obtain the permission of their parent or guardian before entering
Period (Clause 5)
Commences: 8.00AM AEDT, FRIDAY 4 APRIL 2020 Ends:
4:00PM AEST, FRIDAY 22 MAY 2020
To enter, entrants must answer the following:
Tell us in 25 words or less, which ABC Kids activity has been a fun favourite
to do at home and why?
There’s no limit to how many entries can be submitted per person.
Judges will select one  entry that they deem to be the most creative.
See Terms and Conditions for further information.
The one  prize winner wins 1 x Giggle and Hoot Prize Pack that includes:
Value (incl GST)
Hoot Plush $25
Hootly Plush $25
ABC Kids Best of Collection DVD $30.99
See Terms and Conditions
The winning entrants will be notified by the ABC via email. The winners
must reply with their address details in order to claim their prize.
The Prize winners will have seven  days to claim the Prize from
notification. If the Prize winners fail to claim the Prize within this period, the
ABC may in its absolute discretion award the Prize to a runner up.
Rights in Your Entry
General Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the
Competition. The Terms and Conditions governing the Competition include these General
Terms and Conditions, the Schedule to these General Terms and Conditions and any
instructions relating to the Competition on the Promoter’s Website.
2. Any capitalised terms used in these General Terms and Conditions have the meaning
given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. In the event of any inconsistency
between the Schedule to the Terms and Conditions (Schedule) and these General Terms
and Conditions, the Schedule will take precedence.
3. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion refuse to award any Prize to any entrant
who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions. An entrant of the
Competition must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Directors,
immediate family members, employees and contractors of the Promoter and any
agencies, retailers and suppliers directly associated with the Competition, or with the
provision of the Prize, are not eligible to enter.
5. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. Any entry received
after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is
accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must enter the Competition in accordance with the
Entry Method (and any other entry details provided by the Promoter on the Website)
during the Competition Period.
Maximum Number of Entries
7. Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must
be submitted separately and each entry must individually meet the requirements in the
Schedule and are subject to the Entry Restrictions.
8. The entrant(s) whose entry is judged by the Promoter’s panel of judges to be the most
original and creative (and any judging criteria set out in Judging Details of the Schedule)
will win the Prize. The Promoter and its panel of judges may, in their absolute discretion,
decline to award any or all Prizes, including where the judges determine that the entry is
not of publication standard. Chance plays no part in determining the Prize winners.
Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each
person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Prize will be awarded as specified in the Schedule. The Prize values are the
recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier, are in Australian dollars
and are correct as at the time of the commencement of the Competition Period. The
Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value.
10. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, the Promoter will not be responsible for
any additional costs associated with use of the Prize. The Prize winner (and, if
applicable, their guest(s)) is responsible for all costs associated with using the Prize
including (if applicable) travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food
and beverages, travel and medical insurance costs and spending money.
11. If a Prize is available in various locations, the Prize winner is only eligible to claim the
Prize in their nearest capital city. If the Prize occurs in the Prize winner’s home city, the
Prize winner will not be eligible to receive any accommodation or airfares (which may
otherwise have formed part of the Prize).
12. If the Prize is date specific, the Prize winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the
dates stipulated by the Promoter. If the Prize winner is not able to redeem the Prize on
that date, the Promoter may determine another Prize winner in its absolute discretion.
13. No component of the Prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
14. All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize
becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the
Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as
the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under
15. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner (and any guests participating in
using the Prize) must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize supplier’s
16. If the Prize includes flights, entrants agree that:
(a) the Prize does not include transfers to and from the winner’s place of residence
to the departure point and transfers between the accommodation and airport
(unless otherwise specified in the Schedule);
(b) the flights must be utilised at the same time, for the same travel dates, to and from
the same destination;
(c) no frequent flyer (or equivalent rewards program) points will accrue to the Prize
winner (and any guest participating in using the Prize) on the Prize flights or
(d) the booking time of the flights will be determined by the Promoter in its
complete discretion and blackout periods may apply including all public holidays.
17. If the Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize
winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any
accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the
avoidance of doubt, the Prize winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the
Prize includes room charges only (and no ancillary costs such as room service).
18. If the Prize involves tickets to an event, the Promoter is not responsible for any changes in
times or dates, or cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize
winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
19. Unless advertised differently, the Prize winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the
Winner Notification details in the Schedule. Please allow at least twenty-eight (28) days
from the date of notification for the delivery of the Prize.
Rights in Your Entry
20. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, all physical entries become the property of
the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
21. To be eligible for a Prize your entry must only include original material created by you or
material which you have permission to use, which may be included in your entry.
22. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees
(a) the Rights in Your Entry specified in the Schedule to exercise all rights in your
entry, including without limitation, the right to reproduce and communicate your
entry to the public in whole or in part, in perpetuity and throughout the world in
any media; and
(b) the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public your name,
character, likeness or voice for any promotion or matter incidental to the
Competition with no compensation to you for such use.
23. You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the
Promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
24. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation
as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute
discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. If the method of entry instructs you to include any material owned by the Promoter (ABC
Material) such as an ABC trade mark or logo, you agree that:
(a) you must not use the ABC Material for any purpose other than for the purpose of
including it in your entry in the Competition;
(b) any use of the ABC Material by you will not give you or any other person (other
than the Promoter) any right, title or interest in the ABC Material;
(c) you must not carry on a business under a name which includes the ABC
Material or any trade mark similar to the ABC Material; and
(d) you must not apply to register a trade mark similar to ABC Material.
26. No other party may use the ABC Material without prior approval of the Promoter.
27. The Promoter will collect your personal information for the purposes of conducting the
Competition. In doing so, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to its
contractors, agents, any partner or co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming
departments. Prize winners’ names may be published as set out in these Terms and
Conditions. The Promoter may also use your personal information for any promotional,
marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter. Additional information about how
personal information is collected, used and disclosed, and the privacy complaints process
28. Any attempt to interfere with the normal functioning of the Website or to otherwise
undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition is prohibited and will render
all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
29. You warrant that:
(a) your entry is your original work, and to the extent it is not, you have obtained
the relevant permission;
(b) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
(c) you have all necessary rights to grant the Promoter the rights granted under these
Terms and Conditions;
(d) use of your entry by the Promoter, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions,
will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and
(e) your entry does not breach any law.
30. You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach
of the warranties above and acknowledge that the Promoter may, in its absolute
discretion, not award the Prize to you for breach of the warranties above.
31. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and any
reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by
the Promoter (in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete
discretion of the Promoter.
32. You acknowledge this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by,
or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this
Competition must be directed to the ABC through the Website rather than to Facebook.
33. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the
Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the Prize to the Prize winner(s), the
Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another
time under the same conditions.
34. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any
failure of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition,
or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the
Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line
failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
35. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter is not liable for any delay, death,
injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to
persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting
or using any Prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any Prize or damage to any
Prize in transit and the Prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if
any) specified by any third party.