ABC Adeladie WOMADELAIDE Ultimate Experience Weekend – Win this Womad Prize
ABC Terms and Conditions
Schedule to the Terms and Conditions
Competition Live it up like a rock star at WOMADelaide this year!
Promoter Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABN 52 429 278 345) of 700 Harris Street,
Ultimo 2007, New South Wales, Australia.
1. Entry to the competition is open to: residents of South Australia
Commences: Monday 11 February 2019 06:00 ACST
Ends: Sunday 24 February 2019 23:59 ACST
Entrants must listen to ABC Radio Adelaide for the daily artist keywords in Breakfast
and Drive programs then register and submit the daily keyword online at
Entrants can submit 2 answers per day and multiple answers across the week but can
only win one prize.
All eligible entries will go into a random draw.
Eligible entrants with correct entries submitted twice per day for the duration of the
competition will receive duplicate entries to increase their chances.
One winner will be chosen at random from the eligible entries.
The 1 major prize winner will win:
Prize No. Of Prize
WOMADELAIDE Ultimate Experience Weekend
4 day pass x 2
Invite to Friday night backstage drinks +
side of stage experience on Sunday
City accommodation(Friday, Saturday,
Sunday and Monday night)
(Clauses 10 – 18)
The prize winners will be notified by phone at the end of the competition period. The
winner will be announced on ABC Radio Adelaide on Monday 25 February with Jules
Schiller between 4pm – 630pm and posted on the promoter’s website and social
642238 v1 (as at 19 July 2013) 2
Rights in Your
(Clauses 20 – 24)
642238 v1 (as at 19 July 2013) 3
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any
instructions relating to the Competition on the Promoter’s Website form part of these Terms
2. Any capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the
Schedule, unless stated otherwise. In the event of any inconsistency between the Schedule
to the Terms and Conditions (“Schedule”) and these Terms and Conditions, the Schedule
will take precedence.
3. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any Prize to any entrant who fails to
comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions. An entrant of the
Competition must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Directors, employees
and contractors of the Promoter and any agencies, retailers and suppliers directly associated
with the Competition, or with the provision of the Prize, are not eligible to enter.
5. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. Any entry received after
the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for
late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the Entry Details during the Competition
7. Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must be
submitted separately and each entry must individually meet the requirements in the
Schedule and are subject to the Entry Restrictions.
8. The entrant(s) whose entry is judged by the Promoter’s panel of judges to be the most
original and creative (and any judging criteria set out in Judging Details of the Schedule) will
win the Prize. The Promoter and its panel of judges may, in their absolute discretion, decline
to award any or all Prizes, including where the judges determine that the entry is not of
publication standard. Chance plays no part in determining the Prize winners. Decisions of
the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters
the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Prize will be awarded as specified in the Schedule. The Prize values are the
recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier, are in Australian dollars and
are correct as at the time of the commencement of the Competition Period. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value.
10. The Promoter will not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the
Prize. The Prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with using the Prize including
(if applicable) travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food and beverages,
travel and medical insurance costs and spending money.
11. If a Prize is available in various locations, the Prize winner is only eligible to claim the Prize
in their nearest capital city. If the Prize occurs in the Prize winner’s home city, the Prize
winner will not be eligible to receive any accommodation or airfares (which may otherwise
have formed part of the Prize).
642238 v1 (as at 19 July 2013) 4
12. If the Prize is date specific, the Prize winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the
dates stipulated by the Promoter. If the Prize winner is not able to redeem the Prize on that
date, the Promoter may determine another Prize winner in its absolute discretion.
13. No component of the Prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
14. All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize
becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the
Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the
original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable
15. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner (and any guests participating in using
the Prize) must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize supplier’s
16. If the Prize includes flights, entrants agree that:
a. the Prize does not include transfers to and from the winner’s place of residence to the
departure point and transfers between the accommodation and airport (unless
otherwise specified in these Terms and Conditions);
b. the flights must be utilised at the same time, for the same travel dates, to and from the
c. no frequent flyer (or equivalent rewards program) points will accrue to the Prize winner
(and any guest participating in using the Prize) on the Prize flights or accommodation;
d. the booking time of the flights will be determined by the Promoter in its complete
discretion and blackout periods may apply including all public holidays.
17. If the Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize
winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any
accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the
avoidance of doubt, the Prize winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the Prize
includes room charges only (and no ancillary costs such as room service).
18. If the Prize involves tickets to an event, the Promoter is not responsible for any changes in
times or dates, or cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize winner
from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
19. Unless advertised differently, the Prize winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner
Notification details in the Schedule. Please allow at least twenty-eight (28) days from the
date of notification for the delivery of the Prize.
Rights in Your Entry
20. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
21. To be eligible for a Prize your entry must only include original material created by you or
material which you have permission to use, which may be included in your entry.
22. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and
a. the Rights in Your Entry specified in the Schedule to exercise all rights in your entry,
including without limitation, the right to reproduce and communicate your entry to the
public in whole or in part, in perpetuity and throughout the world in any media; and
b. the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public your name, character,
likeness or voice for any promotion or matter incidental to the Competition with no
compensation to you for such use.
642238 v1 (as at 19 July 2013) 5
23. You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the
Promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
24. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and
in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion,
including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. If the method of entry instructs you to include any material owned by the Promoter (“ABC
Material”) such as an ABC trade mark or logo, you agree that:
a. you must not use the ABC Material for any purpose other than for the purpose of
including it in your entry in the Competition;
b. any use of the ABC Material by you will not give you or any other person (other than the
Promoter) any right, title or interest in the ABC Material;
c. you must not carry on a business under a name which includes the ABC Material or any
trade mark similar to the ABC Material; and
d. you must not apply to register a trade mark similar to ABC Material.
26. No other party may use the ABC Material without prior approval of the Promoter.
27. Any attempt to interfere with the normal functioning of the Website or to otherwise undermine
the legitimate operation of this Competition is prohibited and will render all entries submitted
by that entrant invalid.
28. You warrant that:
a. your entry is your original work, and to the extent it is not, you have obtained the
b. all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
c. you have all necessary rights to grant the Promoter the rights granted under these
Terms and Conditions;
d. use of your entry by the Promoter, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, will
not infringe the rights of any third parties; and
e. your entry does not breach any law.
29. You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach
of the warranties above and acknowledge that the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion,
not award the Prize to you for breach of the warranties above.
30. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and any
reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter (in
accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
31. You acknowledge this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this
Competition must be directed to the ABC through the Website rather than to Facebook.
32. You agree that the Promoter may use your personal details provided to the Promoter for the
purpose of conducting the Competition. The Promoter may disclose your personal
information to its contractors, agents, any co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming
departments, to assist in conducting the Competition. Prize winners’ names may be
published as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may also use your
personal information for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter,
33. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or
the Promoter’s ability to deliver the Prize to the Prize winner(s), the Promoter may, in its
642238 v1 (as at 19 July 2013) 6
discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same
34. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure
of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any
technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition. The
Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect,
delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or
unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
35. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any delay, death,
injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons
or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any
Prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any Prize or damage to any Prize in transit
and the Prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by
any third party.