10Daily – Win 1 of 10 Portrait books titled Agenda Empowering Australian Women, autographed by Sandra Sully valued at over $39 each
AGENDA Book Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. Entrants of all ages allowed, however entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
4. The competition commences Friday 1 March 2019 at 15:00 AEDT and concludes on Thursday 7 March 2019 at 23:59 AEDT (“Competition Period”).
5. The competition will be advertised on but not limited to, Network 10 and www.tenplay.com.au and www.tendaily.com.au.
6. To enter, participants must during the Competition Period:
a) Go to www.10daily.com.au, fill in their details and opt-in to the 10 Daily Newsletter to form part of a valid entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider; and
b) Answer the question on the competition page in 25 words or less.
7. Inaudible, illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. A limit of one entry per person per day is permitted.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple-entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
11. Tocompleteavalidentry,participantsmustopt-intothe10dailyNewsletterusingtheonline mechanism provided on the promotional website (where applicable).
13. Entries must be received by Thursday 7 March 2019 at 23:59 AEDT to be included in the Prize judging. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize judging.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
15. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question
provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. PrizeDetails:therewillbeTen(10)MajorPrizeWinnersdrawnfromallentriesreceivedduring the competition period. One (1) winner will receive the following prize:
20. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
21. OnceprizeshaveleftthePromoter’spremises,thePromotertakesnoresponsibilityforprizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
22. Byacceptingtheprize,thewinneragreestoparticipateinandco-operateasrequiredwith all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
23. InconsiderationforthePromoterawardingtheprizetothewinner,thewinnerherebypermits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network Ten Pty Ltd or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. Intheeventthatforanyreasonwhatsoeverawinnerdoesnottakeanelementoftheprize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
25. Prizevaluesarebasedupontherecommendedretailpricesatthetimeofprinting(inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
26. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
27. Winnerswillbejudgedfromallentriesreceivedthroughoutthecompetitionperiodandten (10) Major Prize Winners will be selected by a judging panel at Network 10 at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.. The Winners will be the Entrants who, in the sole opinion of the judges, have submitted the most creative and original 25 words or less answer to the question on the competition page. The Prize Winners will be notified by phone call within two (2) days of judging and in writing and the winner’s details will be published on the 10 daily website at 10daily.com.au from Friday 8 March 2019.
28. The winners will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the draw. Winners of prizes valued over $250 will be published on www.tenplay.com.au or www.10daily.com.au from Friday 8 March, 2019.
Up to AUD Value
1 x Portrait book titled AGENDA Empowering Australian Women, autographed by Sandra Sully; valued at approx. $39.95
TOTAL PRIZE VALUED AT UP TO – AUD
29. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winners. If the Prize remains unclaimed by the winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by Thursday 14 March 2019 at 09:00 AEDT, the Prize will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best meets the judging criteria excluding the entrant that has failed to claim the prize. This Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Network TEN at 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009 at Thursday 14 March 2019 from 10:00 AEDT. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination and will be published on the 10 daily website at tendaily.com.au from Friday 18 January 2019.
30. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder, land line account holder etc.).
31. Shouldanentrant’scontactdetailschangeduringthepromotionalperiod,itistheentrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
32. An unclaimed prize judging will take place at Network 10, 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009 at least 3 months after the original draw date on Friday 17 May 2019 at 10:00 AEDT. The winner/s will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the draw. Winner/s of prizes valued over $250 will be published on www.tenplay.com.au or www.tendaily.com.au from Monday 20 May 2019.
33. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
34. Itisaconditionofacceptingtheprizethatthewinnermustcomplywithalltheconditionsof use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
35. Itisaconditionofacceptingtheprizethatthewinnermayberequiredtosignalegalrelease in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
36. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
37. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
38. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
39. Network Ten Pty Limited, and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
40. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
41. All entries become the property of the Promoter. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.
42. Network Ten Pty Limited, is collecting the entrant’s personal information from entries for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.
43. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
44. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Ltd (ABN: 91 052 515 250) 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.