Tupperware – Win a Coastal Picnic Set
TERMS & CONDITIONS – Guess the Jelly Beans Facebook Promotion
1. The “Tupperware” (“Promotion”) is conducted by Tupperware Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 42 004 534 749, 21 Brenock Park Drive, Ferntree Gully Victoria (“Promoter”).
COMPETITION COMMENCEMENT AND CLOSING TIME
2. The Competition will commence on 8 September 2014 at 2.00pm and will close at 10.00pm on 14 September 2014 (“Competition Period”). All times and dates are times and dates in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia which may be AEST or AEDT depending on the date. A winner will be announced on Thursday 18 September.
3. There is one prize (“Prize”) consisting of:
• 1 x Coastal Picnic Set*
*Jelly Beans not included
4. The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prize or any element of the Prize cannot be exchanged for any other prize/s. The Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prize or components of the Prize.
5. The Promoter will post the Prize to the winners.
6. In the event that the Prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize that is equal in value.
7. The Competition is only open to eligible entrants. An eligible entrant is an individual who:
(a) is a resident of Australia OR New Zealand aged at least 18 years, as at the time of entry in the Competition;
(b) has a current Facebook account, as at the time of entry in the Competition;
ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION
8. To submit an entry in the Competition, an Entrant must, during the Competition Period respond as a comment to the Tupperware Australia / New Zealand Facebook Status:
WIN a Coastal Picnic Set!
To celebrate the start of spring, we’re giving away a Coastal Picnic Set!*
To WIN simply guess the number of jelly beans inside this set!
One guess per person.
Entries close Sunday 14th September at 10pm.
*Jelly beans not included
9. All Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any late or misdirected entry or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
10. Any costs associated with accessing the Competition website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
11. An Entrant must not submit more than one (1) entry in the Competition.
12. All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An Entrant MUST deliver to the Promoter (by a means determined by the Promoter) copies of any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win, including evidence of age, residence and identity. The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents and an Entrant must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so. At the Promoter’s request, an Entrant MUST also, within 7 days of being asked, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy the original of any such document.
13. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any entry invalid if the Entrant:
(a) fails to establish their eligibility to enter the Competition to the Promoter’s reasonable satisfaction;
(b) fails to produce items as required by clause 12 or produces items that, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way;
(c) in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from any tampering; or
(d) in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
14. Entry into the Competition constitutes the Entrant’s unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Competition will be judged on the basis of accuracy by a representative of the Promoter at Tupperware, 21 Brenock Park Drive, Ferntree Gully Victoria on Thursday 18th September.
16. Chance plays no part in the selection of the Prize winners.
(a) In the event that no one guesses the correct number, the closest guess will win. If the closet number is a tie between two people, the person who commented first will be the winner.
(b) In the event that two people guess the same winning number, the person who commented first will be the winner.
17. The winners, once chosen, will be notified in writing on Tupperware Australia/New Zealand Facebook page. The notification will request the winners to advise the Promoter of a contact email address for confirmation of postal address to send their prize.
18. Subject, to any directions given under any law regulating the Competition, if the Prize is not claimed by the winners in accordance with clause 17 within 1 month of the winner being notified, the winners will forfeit the Prize and the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to other eligible Entrants in accordance with the judging criteria in clause 15. The procedure in clause 17 will apply in respect to notifying the Prize winners and claiming of the Prize by the new winners.
19. Entrants’ acknowledge and agree that:
(a) the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook;
(b) by entering the Competition, each Entrant releases Facebook from any and all liability to the Entrant arising in any way from or in connection with the conduct of the Competition; and
(c) all information provided by an Entrant is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
20. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way by a cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, tampering, computer bugs or viruses or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to waive any of the eligibility requirements for entry into the Competition.
22. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
(a) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
(b) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; and
(c) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition.
23. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COMPETITION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THE OFFENDER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
24. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an Entrant participating in the Competition. Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
26. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and all those entities’ personnel (each a “Relevant Party”) exclude all liability for any loss (including without limitation any damage, claim, injury, death, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Entrant arising out of or in connection with the administration of or participation in the Competition or the Prize (including the using of the Prize), including but not limited to:
(a) any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
(b) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
(c) any liability for personal injury or death.
27. If any of these terms and conditions is unenforceable for any reason, the condition or the offending part of the condition will be severed from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
28. The winners:
(a) consents to the Promoter using the winners’ name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products or services; and
(b) agrees to participate in all reasonable promotional activities in relation to the Competition and the winning of the Prize as requested by the Promoter or its agents.
29. Entrants’ personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise the winner and each Entrant consents to such information used to market the Promoter’s products and services to the Entrant. The personal information of the winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including the Competition administrator, Prize supplier and deliverer, and to regulatory authorities. Persons may contact the Promoter by post at the address stated in clause 1 of these terms and conditions to request access to, or correction of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter.